Car accident and repair questions.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
If i could get it fix for a 1 grand, that means i only have to drive the car for more than 4 months to get my money back. Buying a new car will run around $300 a month. So droping 1k on the repairs, and driving it for 6 more month means im back on the clear, even if it has different colors.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh well yeah if you don't really care about the cosmetic aspect of the repairs, it probably wouldn't even cost you a grand to have the door and window swapped out.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Get a door from a junkyard. paint it whatever you want. Maybe a rebel flag. Buff out the scrape on the bottom and you are fine.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Car picture.
As u can see it got nail exactly on the middle of the door.
rrr_img_104109.jpg
Shit man, that'll buff out. Really you can just keep driving it like that IMO! Better than a car payment!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Water?!?! PFFT, it never rains heavily in south Florida! Maybe like once a day, for months on end...tops!

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Well, if you don't care about the look and all that matters are the water leaks...

Put some of this around the door to fix the seal and call it a day!

rrr_img_104122.jpg

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Make sure your insurance doesn't cover it. No idea what you have, but often hit and runs are covered by uninsured motorist coverage which I think you can have without having collision

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, definitely call your insurance and see what they say. It's not likely that you will be able to get that fixed for real at a body shop for less than the car is worth. Those guys will rarely do much of anything for under $3k and that is pretty serious damage. I would either get a new car or redneck it up and get a new door and fender from a salvage yard and give it a custom rattle-can camouflage paint job.

rrr_img_104130.jpg
rrr_img_104130.jpg
rrr_img_104130.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Get a door from a junkyard. paint it whatever you want. Maybe a rebel flag. Buff out the scrape on the bottom and you are fine.
There are probably hundreds of Toyotas in your local junkyard. As Rais said, just pick up a door from there and get it painted. I'd ignore the rocker damage.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Make sure your insurance doesn't cover it. No idea what you have, but often hit and runs are covered by uninsured motorist coverage which I think you can have without having collision
Exactly, and in wv it's a diff deductible and its always 300 in think.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Oh also, check your laws but since you didn't report it to police it seems (hopefully I'm wrong) basically you are probably fucked now anyway... It's all coming OOP.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I reported it. It had to wait for 2 hours with people who annoy me waiting for the police to show up.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oh also, check your laws but since you didn't report it to police it seems (hopefully I'm wrong) basically you are probably fucked now anyway... It's all coming OOP.
Can just report it to police now. You can report shit to the police for a LONG time after it happened, and your insurance company will try at every turn to fuck you over, but they'll have to protect their buttholes if they try to claim you are lying about your police report, however lately filed, without proof. That's one way to open the door to $$lawsuit$$.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can just report it to police now. You can report shit to the police for a LONG time after it happened, and your insurance company will try at every turn to fuck you over, but they'll have to protect their buttholes if they try to claim you are lying about your police report, however lately filed, without proof. That's one way to open the door to $$lawsuit$$.
Look at it from the other side, though. Dude in an older Toyota calls up, explaining a hit and run from a few days ago and wants a payout on the damage...

Also, I guess it depends on the area but most police won't even write up a report on something like that which is basically 'cosmetic'. The only saving grace is he got the plate number.

I dunno, shitty situation I guess I'd still go through uninsured coverage assuming he has it, though I'm not sure you can even take out uninsured coverage without basic collision.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't go through insurance too, I'm just saying, you can and should fuck the insurance if its in your best interest (expensive). This is not expensive, and it is not in your best interest to claim it.