Car Buying Help

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
You got it on the for price power wagon or raptor > rebel.

The more I research I don't see what I'm missing on the tundra vs a more modern truck unless I want plat package ecoboosted Ford. Elsewhere I lamented on forum the explosion of truck pricing. Which leads me to think if I waited for a tundra update which I bet ends up being another 5years, if worthwhile the price is going to be at least 5k over the 36 to 41 for a modest sr5 now. Sure a every option trd still gets above 50 which is crazy. But ones I look at have nicer fabric vs leather gets worn out. Has nav/sat/backup cam. I don't need ishit device, DVD, radar, and fancy look good materials. Sure I wish it got listed 22 not 19 mpg but that isn't game breaking.

Going to test drive, maybe ride will be rough enough or crazy loud to make me think otherwise.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Test drives, yep.

If a gun were put to my head today and I didn't want to sell my existing vehicles, I would buy a Z71 specced out Colorado for around 35-38k, not because I have any particular love for Chevy but I think that's more capable and lower on the consumer-price-rape index than anything else in the segment.

I'm hoping Ford brings back the Ranger like they promised and make a Raptorized version of that in a few years.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Now that would be nice, kinda like how I imagined a sporty Tacoma that never truly existed. Like looks of Colorado/canyon but iirc, ended up being too small for what I want and wife has a fit about those companies

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My wife's Santa Fe tows the same 3500lbs that the entry level Colorado does.

I almost got the 2014 Silverado but it would not fit in my Garage =(

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
To be honest, I really wanted a pickup but A) they are all freaking massive now and B) I could not stomach a 26k+ truck having anoptionfor powered windows.
I got all excited when Ford announced that they were bringing the smaller Ranger pickup back in a couple years

2015-ford-ranger-wildtrak-motor-trend-homepage.jpg

but it still looks pretty damn big. Looks almost like an F150 with just a slightly shorter bed. I can't fit an F150 into my damn garage(2 seperate garage doors, instead of 1 big double door), I'm afraid the Ranger might be the same.

And regardless, I bet it wont be cheap

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I can't stand how large pickups are becoming, we have a Ford f150 in the shop right now and it's the size of a f350 from 10 years ago. Tacomas are freaking massive now too.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I got all excited when Ford announced that they were bringing the smaller Ranger pickup back in a couple years

2015-ford-ranger-wildtrak-motor-trend-homepage.jpg

but it still looks pretty damn big. Looks almost like an F150 with just a slightly shorter bed. I can't fit an F150 into my damn garage(2 seperate garage doors, instead of 1 big double door), I'm afraid the Ranger might be the same.

And regardless, I bet it wont be cheap
Yea, I want a crew cab ranger-raptor for 55K please. Thx

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Ended up with this while the link still works. Seemed best crossshoping my area. which didnt have that many. Ended up with what I wanted and better than expected on the R32 trade since it had some issues. Got a spray in bed liner for free. Credit got me 2.9/72m. I was hoping for better but it is used at a Ford lot... Can't think of many features I'm missing other than fancier wheels, fender flares, and I'd have prefered graphite or whatever ext color. I like the premium cloth over leather. Has everything else I'll need. Even has trailor hitch brake controller I dont need aftermarket I might try to have removed and sell if worth much.

Used 2015 Toyota Tundra For Sale | Dacono CO | Denver, Brighton and Boulder Area

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Cool, now go order a lift kit from Traxda.

Decent price for a 2015 though... always wonder why you see gently used 2015s on lots.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Poor people thought they could afford it? Lost jobs, dunno. Hopefully if shit wrong happens fast while under all the warranties.

Probably no lift, though I could see breaking down on an exhaust or other gubbins like that down the road.Will see how well the headlights are, I wouldnt mind a nice but not too obnoxious LED light boost. (I swear from my old aquarium a 250w panel would be great on the front bumper. Sadly I'd invest most into something to help me with mpg if it existed.

Kinda wonder what the pricing on those fender flares is, and half decent wheels. I know the blingy but shit ones for my VW size were only $100 ish. But again crap...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Cool, now go order a lift kit from Traxda.

Decent price for a 2015 though... always wonder why you see gently used 2015s on lots.
Some people buy cars left and right. The BIL of a friend of mine works at a job I assume he makes $40k a year at. He bought truck after truck and rolled it into the next one. Last I heard he owed $100k, on his current truck. I have no idea how people do it. I assume he winds up getting a "loan" from these places that almost know they will just repo it and sell it and make some money on interest in the mean time.

But before his current deal he traded in truck after truck that were almost new every 6 months. For a while he lived in a trailer that had been used as a chicken coop at one point, but he had a brand new F350 King Ranch truck.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand why 99% of the people who have pickup trucks decided to get them. A family member of mine said he was tired of being "bullied on the road" when he had a normal sedan. Now he has an F-150 and says nobody bullies him anymore.

What the fuck is he talking about?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't understand why 99% of the people who have pickup trucks decided to get them. A family member of mine said he was tired of being "bullied on the road" when he had a normal sedan. Now he has an F-150 and says nobody bullies him anymore.

Sounds about right for the typical ego centric fag driving around a pickup truck that has hauled nothing but groceries

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds about right for the typical ego centric fag driving around a pickup truck that has hauled nothing but groceries
He lives alone in an apartment. I don't think he even hauls groceries.

Borzak

Well at least he could tow his home in an F350 KR!
It's a semi abondoned mobile home, not an RV. He actually has need for a truck, he does contract construction type work and I've seen all the crap he carries in his bed. But nothing like that. I don't understand him, his sister is married to my best friend. She's a nurse practioner and he's in charge of nurse training at the new hospital in New Orleans which is the largest employer in the state of LA now. They live in a country club. Birds of a feather don't flock together I guess. But he has a nice truck.

The IT guy we had that I ran off had a new F350 King Ranch and he commuted 2 miles to work and had never seen gravel EVER in his current or previous Harley Davidson Edition.

I have two trucks but at least I use mine. My 4wd sees off road quite a bit and for a while I needed it to get down my "driveway" and I lived adjacent to a 10,000 acre block of land I had access to. I have a F250 that's 15 years old for pulling trailers. The bonus for me for a truck is having a toolbox to carry all the crap I need when I go to the field like lasers, levels, and all my harness climbing gear and crap. I only have an extended cab truck. Rarely will someone else be in the truck with me.

Borzak

People like me who have a grill guard on one truck that intimidate people. I've been told that. I take it on and off as needed and my truck is not lifted sky high, but people still say that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If anyone gets intimidated on the road by someone's vehicle has to be the world's biggest pansy. What the fuck do you think they're going to do just ram you off the road for no reason?