Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also use ElvUI, I like it. Seems some of the settings get weird when you copy settings from another profile and the quest tracker breaks sometimes but overall I think it's pretty solid and it does look good.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I use:
ElvUI
ElvUI Kkthnx(includes ElvUI Location Plus, ElvUI Still Enhanced, cargbags, and a bunch of other customizations to make it a bit more like RealUI)
ElvUI AddOnSkins(makes a bunch of popular addons match the rest of ElvUI)
DBM
GTFO(still necessary even with DBM imo)
WeakAuras2(another must-have for every class, as long as you can find some good strings for it or know how to make your own)
Skada(much better than Recount now)
Clique(for when I heal, fuck making a dozen @mouseover macros)
Pawn(with stat weightings I generate myself from SimC, but you can probably find good ones on IV after the xpac is out a while)
_NPCScan(gimped in 6.0 but it will still find and announce vignette mobs in MoP and WoD)
TSM(I'm on a server that takes 3-4 hours to do a full AH scan, so I rely on TSM AuctionDB and WoWuction getting populated by the desktop app for my AH data)
Auctionator(even if you use TSM it's still nice to have a plain old AH mod too. Auctioneer is too bloated, but Auctionator is perfect for the job.)
BadBoy,Badboy_Guilded, andBadBoy_CCleaner(anti-spam shit)
BagSync(lightweight addon for keeping track of stuff across alts. Altoholic is a good choice too if you don't care about the lightweight part.)
BugGrabberandBugSack(need something to manage UI errors, especially with how often the Blizzard UI gets tainted these days)
Foglight(map addon, gets rid of fog and shows adjacent zone terrain too)

Everything except for ElvUI Kkthnx is available from the Curse client. Grab Kkthnx fromWoWInterface.

P.S. Omen hasn't been needed in ages.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
"TSM (I'm on a server that takes 3-4 hours to do a full AH scan, so I rely on TSM AuctionDB and WoWuctionDB getting populated bythe desktop app for my AH data)"

What is the desktop app?

Vitality

HUSTLE
It's an ap that taps into the market API for your selected servers, free on the Tradeskillmaster website. Some signup and setup required.

I use it every day, never scan ever. TSM is just miles ahead of Auctioneer in terms of auction house optimization.

Integration of auction data on your tradeskill windows with cost : profit data and the ability to set up automation groups (automatically source base mats and pull them from your banks into your bags *restock feature* or even restock via buying under-threshold mats from the market for large groups of ideal profitability crafts.

Even if you don't craft for profit, setup the auction snipe module to buy grossly under priced items from a subset list and repost at market value for free gold.

I can talk all day about TSM.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think I will convert as well, might also swap over to Skada. Thanks guys.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Awesome, going to drop recount then and omen. Sounds like GTFO is another I missed too, glad im doing this crazyness today.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
GTFO is the best add on ever. I wish they had that back when I was playing a bit more seriously. Would have helped a lot of retards out.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty excited for this. I can do that to myself with most any MMO release (see the last 12 of them I've played), but I think we have a pretty good group of dudes rolling here. I hope the raiding goes well and we all have enough fun to stick around for a while.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I haven't raided since Kharazan / new Naxx. Probably won't do much this go either, but if I'm on when we're doing stuff, I'll probably give it a go. I'm just looking forward to the group stuff and having something to do for a couple months.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I haven't raided since Kharazan / new Naxx. Probably won't do much this go either, but if I'm on when we're doing stuff, I'll probably give it a go. I'm just looking forward to the group stuff and having something to do for a couple months.
Transmog runs yo.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Awesome, going to drop recount then and omen. Sounds like GTFO is another I missed too, glad im doing this crazyness today.
I never used GTFO, I guess I never felt I was needing it, but I may have a look at it. Recount still does an awesome job, I don't know what Skada does better to be honest.
Omen is not necessary per se, but I use it a lot when soloing with my hunter, monitoring pet threat and also when I did some old raids with friends, in order to do some particular stuff to trasnfer threat when not using tank classes (nowadays it doesn't matter anymore, old raids are a joke). It's a small window anyway.

TSM and Auctioneer: if you are into the AH game, pick TSM for sure, for what I do, auctioneer is more than enough: it filters search results in a readable format and lets me post small auctions without paying too much attention. If you like to play the market like Vitality, it's probably not enough. I usually sit on 100k gold, plus or minus 30k depending on periods. I honestly don't know what to do with gold, I have more than enough for when I just don't want to farm the last few mats myself or similar stuff.

Xperl for me is mandatory: the maount of goodness in that unit frames mod is exponentially better than any other I tried over the years, it's also very good without any customization and with just 10 minutes browsing through the option panels you can setup a lot of interesting and helpful features. I tried ElvUI and immediately cried about not having Xperl, so no way.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Skada is better at measuring eDPS and is more lightweight than recount. Recount has a better breakdown on who cast what when, how many times, and at what targets. If you're looking for that kind of data you can get the most accurate information by logging and uploading your logs to world of logs, though recount provides the best in game tool for a complex combat breakdown. For most people Skada is all they will ever want.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty excited for this shit, got a buddy covering me for travel so I can poopsock 100 and do dungeons all weekend.

My friends raged last night at the boost quests for your abilities because they aren't new and wanted them all at once. I thought it was kind of cool that it gives you them slowly, for someone new like me it made me understand them and I was doing those flex raids a couple of hours later. The mounts being shared on all accounts was really awesome, I thought a new account was starting from scratch.

Should I even worry about gold? I have 218 only

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
218 is definitely not enough. Try to get a couple k by doing mop quests and vendor greens.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think total cost for Garrison startup (all plans etc) is around 10k, fwiw.

I'm hyped for tonight, off work the next couple days going to hit the sack early after workout and dinner so I can get up and get after it at launch.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Krassus I can spot you 4 or 5k probably. Morrdryn in the guild, I'll mail it tonight if I remember. And of your PAIN mates coming to play, old Bellstian coming? Miss that fucker.

Yeah, I'll be on around 4 or 5est tomorrow, and going to crush it as hard as I can. Fucking pumped.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
When does the content officially open, 2am tonight?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Amy thanks, I am going to ask them if they can xfer their cash toons over. Some of them came last night, Bell posts here as Luxer he should stop being a fgt and play too.

I guess I better read up on what a garrison even is in WoW, someone last night on the teamspeak I was in was also saying how its super important garrisons were while you are leveling but my chick was giving me ear cancer so I didn't listen.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
When does the content officially open, 2am tonight?
2 CST yes, midnight PST is the standard. I think they opened it early once or twice but maybe that was a different launch? I'm planning on being up and in around 130 or so.