Cats (2019)

Fucker

Log Wizard
$42,590,935 total after 15 days. Baffling how the director could go from The King's Speech to this.

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Yeah, it's Costners Mad Max.

He had a very specific movie that he made, and I think he made about 4 of them. I didn't mind Waterworld or The Postman. Dances with Wolves was even good if you were in the mood for some sunday afternoon pure schlock. TA-TONKA!

There's something quintessentially american about Kevin Costner movies. They might not be good, but you can't deny that they're sincere.

Vin Diesel does action versions of Kevin Costner movies. As dumb as it sounds I'd call both of them artists. Not all art has to be great art.

This is one of the most honest and convincing posts I've ever read. No fuckery, I'm actually going over Kevin Costner's filmography now to see how true this rings. Tin Cup came to mind immediately, and it's not even a great movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
"This is what the people in Birdbox saw. "

OMG I am still laughing at my desk. This is the funniest thing I have read in weeks.

Edit - actually reading the last couple of pages, the majority of the reviews are comedy gold. This is by far the funniest thread on this board at the moment. Good stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1579479827861.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yeah, it's Costners Mad Max.

He had a very specific movie that he made, and I think he made about 4 of them. I didn't mind Waterworld or The Postman. Dances with Wolves was even good if you were in the mood for some sunday afternoon pure schlock. TA-TONKA!

There's something quintessentially american about Kevin Costner movies. They might not be good, but you can't deny that they're sincere.

Vin Diesel does action versions of Kevin Costner movies. As dumb as it sounds I'd call both of them artists. Not all art has to be great art.

Wait. Are you saying that Dances with Wolves is not a good movie?

iannis

Musty Nester
Depends on your definition of good, I guess. I enjoyed it. I think I watched it in full maybe 2 or 3 times. If a person has never seen it, i'd reccomend it for a somewhat sentimental movie about the early west. Hell, I'd call it good.

But it's not good in the way other movies are good. What I remember most about the movie (and it has been like 20 years, so I don't remember specifics at all besides for TATONKA) and the thing that fascinated my about it enough to watch it a few times is that if you break it down into component pieces, like story cinematography tone, stuff like that... it's all pretty average bordering on sappy. But the way that it's put together produces something more than the sum of its parts.

Kinda the exact opposite of this cats movie, where they made awful choices and when you take the totality of the product.. it's becomes multiplicative "wtf?"

Fucker

Log Wizard
$60 million on a $95 million budget. Word on the street is $20 million of that went to keeping Rebel Wilson fed.

• 2Worf

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was my experience watching the movie, only I had been drinking.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh I forgot to share the most unholy part of the film, 84 year old Judi Dench doing this:

f3ad78e01187c4b5b8f1b564e200e0628e7ecbdc.gifv

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users