CFB 2013-2014

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Don James has quite the impressive coaching tree(list of former assistants)
Don James Coaching Tree

Nick Saban
Gary Pinkel
Jim Mora Sr & Jr
Dom Capers
Bob Stull(little-known Mizzou coach that mentored Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
First week of official BCS rankings

NCAA College Football BCS Standings Week 9 - ESPN

1 Alabama .984
2 Florida State .935
3 Oregon .932
4 Ohio State .855
5 Missouri .822
6 Stanford .741
7 Miami (FL) .720
8 Baylor .712
9 Clemson .625
10 Texas Tech .622
11 Auburn .506
12 UCLA .481
13 LSU .455
14 Virginia Tech .441
15 Oklahoma .420
16 Texas A&M .367
17 Fresno State .338
18 Northern Illinois .303
19 Oklahoma State .269
20 Louisville .256
21 South Carolina .216
22 Michigan .164
23 UCF .139
24 Nebraska .135
25 Oregon State .104

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL 2nd year in the SEC and mizzou ruining the shit out of it. I'm sure UGA will stay in the top 25 tomorrow for some reason though.
Nope. I am so glad UGA did not get into the top 25. They do not deserve to at this point and I kind of hope they are defeated the rest of the way. I am tired of the current coaching staff at UGA. Watching the Texas A&M vs Auburn game was a lot more interesting and fun than any game UGA has played this year. The South Carolina game was about the only one that was fun to watch. I hate UGA's defense and it appears to a point that a lot of the SEC is suffering from the same affliction.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
In the SEC, it's looking like Mizzou, Alabama, and South Carolina are maybe the only teams that are good to great on both offense and defense this year. Every other team has a major flaw on one side of the ball or the other. I honestly wouldn't expect either South Carolina or Mizzou to give Alabama much of a game in the SEC championship. Either of them probably loses by 2 TDs minimum. I'd love to see an Alabama-Oregon or Alabama-Florida State national title game.

And to be fair, while Mizzou and SC look good on defense overall, their secondaries are not good. They pretty much both live off of their D-lines getting QB pressure, but god help them if the pass actually gets off and into the secondary.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
An Alabama and FSU national championship game would be great. Both my parents went to FSU, I spent the first 12 years of life growing up in Panama City and going to Tallahassee for booster parties, training camps, FSU vs. FL games, etc...Oops, hit enter too soon and it posted.It'd be much better than pulling for Oregon or trying to rationalize my way in to being "happy" that Oregon lost to a second team from Alabama in a national championship game.

After the A&M game I do feel Auburn has come a long way since the start of the season, and my meter is moving from wholly pessimistic to just extra cautiously optimistic at a maximum. I like our line as well and our ends and what they were able to accomplish with the game. I haven't had confidence in our secondary for like 5 years though, don't even know what it feels like to have a competent one. Tre Mason is a beast and Marshal is improving as a QB even though I'm still not a fan. Think his accuracy is horrible. We have one gimme this weekend and then Arkansas who seems to be their own worst enemy. Not sure if I'd rather play them now coming off two huge blow outs or in two weeks after they've maybe managed to find a reason to still play. Then we'll see how the iron bowl goes.

I do think 11 is generous. 14/15 feels more accurate and safe. We could still drop two more this year easily.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
The NCAA is finally getting around to announcing the Miami sanctions tomorrow at 10am. Not even going to guess on what kind of clusterfuck decision they've made, but I bet twitter will be entertaining for awhile at least.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Somehow Mizzou will get the brunt of Miami sanctions since we have their bball coach from that time period

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Don James death is the best distraction possible for Sark at the moment. Everyone is so sad about DJ they forgot we just got shit on by ASU, our 3rd straight loss. We are 0-5 playing in Arizona under Sark, he is a joke.

Really hope he is gone next year. I will take back to back 6-6 seasons under a new coach if he actually recruits lineman.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I shouldn't be surprised but then again you'd think the NCAA could get one thing right eventually. Oh well, grats Miami on forgoing two worthless bowls that would have made you no money yet somehow this is unprecedented. In reading the report the Mizzou b-ball coach is basically busted red handed funnelling money to give to Shapriro so he doesn't talk about how he paid all his players yet he gets only a 5 game suspension. The USC RB coach when Bush was playing has a show cause for life for "should have known" Bush's family was getting benefits 120 miles away in San Diego. Fucking joke.....

darkko_sl

shitlord
Not to far off,

NCAA punishment chart

rrr_img_47436.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Johnny Football's right arm is in a sling, so he's practicing by throwing left-handed

Johnny Manziel in sling at practice, according to Kevin Sumlin - NFL.com

Given that Manziel re-entered the game against Auburn, it would be surprising if he wasn't available to play against Vanderbilt. In fact, wide receiver Travis Labhart told reporters Manziel actually participated on a limited basis in practice Monday by throwing left-handed, according to a tweet by Aggies beat writer Brent Zwerneman.