Chat GPT AI

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Do you think Grok's intelligence score is lower because it thinks there's only two genders and that white men are not the single greatest threat facing America?
Did you not get the memo? Grok is almost as much of a woke joke as Gemini:

1710772013663.png

1710772160692.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also, any "unwoken"-ing they've done in the app since wouldn't be reflected in the underlying model, because those would be just pre-instructions, not changes to the 'shape' of the underlying model.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'll admit some ignorance here. What about a neural network requires a process of that size?

It's an equation with 314 billion parameters that need to be loaded. They do admit that the implementation isn't the most efficient possible.

"a machine with enough GPU memory is required to test the model with the example code. The implementation of the MoE layer in this repository is not efficient. The implementation was chosen to avoid the need for custom kernels to validate the correctness of the model."

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's an equation with 314 billion parameters that need to be loaded. They do admit that the implementation isn't the most efficient possible.

"a machine with enough GPU memory is required to test the model with the example code. The implementation of the MoE layer in this repository is not efficient. The implementation was chosen to avoid the need for custom kernels to validate the correctness of the model."

IDK, I'm sure part/all of this is ignorance on my part. But even an equation that large seems like it could be partially paged out or cached.

But, now that I see it's the same people that developed Twitter/X/whatever, I'm unsurprised if there are some deep rooted inefficiencies. The trend seems to be growing the amount of inputs. What do you do when the hardware simply doesn't exist for all this shit that needs to be jammed into GPU memory?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What do you do when the hardware simply doesn't exist for all this shit that needs to be jammed into GPU memory?
Why do you think NVDA stock has gone nuts? The answer is "sell more $20,000 gpus." Each H100 is 80GB.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
IDK, I'm sure part/all of this is ignorance on my part. But even an equation that large seems like it could be partially paged out or cached.

They obviously can be, since "the cloud" doesn't stock infinite 300 GB GPUs either and the problem is always split across discrete hardware. For some likely valid reason above my pay grade they couldn't or chose not to use those methods for this release.

The trend seems to be growing the amount of inputs. What do you do when the hardware simply doesn't exist for all this shit that needs to be jammed into GPU memory?

The math for LLMs has been around since the 1960's. The reason the tech is in its current state today is precisely because the hardware now allows it. No one is building models that can't be run.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Wolfram has a good video that explores the space of a model. It is mostly empty. I'll see if I can find it.

Hmm I wonder if you could use a cubic run length encoding pass to squash empty regions?

derp, I posted it a month ago in the image thread. Generative AI Space and the Mental Imagery of Alien Minds

The islands normally seem to be roughly “spherical”, in the sense that they extend about the same nominal distance in every direction. But relative to the whole space, each island is absolutely tiny—something like perhaps a fraction 2–2000 ≈ 10–600 of the volume of the whole space. And between these islands there lie huge expanses of what we might call “interconcept space”.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NVidia introduced the new Blackwell GPU yesterday, which will give a massive boost to training AI models, making it faster and/or cheaper. They're also working on simulated worlds, so that AI's trained in them can build a world model. Yann LeCun mentioned this as a required step in the recent Lex Fridman podcast. Training them on language only can only go so far because language is an abstraction of the real world (a bit like how your brain cannot learn to ride a bike by reading books alone)

Very interesting stuff.

1710835445008.png

Full keynote address (2hrs)

Bullet points only

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NVidia introduced the new Blackwell GPU yesterday, which will give a massive boost to training AI models, making it faster and/or cheaper. They're also working on simulated worlds, so that AI's trained in them can build a world model. Yann LeCun mentioned this as a required step in the recent Lex Fridman podcast. Training them on language only can only go so far because language is an abstraction of the real world (a bit like how your brain cannot learn to ride a bike by reading books alone)

Very interesting stuff.

View attachment 520511

Full keynote address (2hrs)

Bullet points only
Out of that entire video, the only thing that mattered to Reddit and other left wing MSM news is that Jensen said that young people should expect "rough times" out of context, which in context was talking about entry level jobs. At least this is what Ive gathered from other posters, someone can correct me cause Im not watching the whole thing, either.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Jensen said that young people should expect "rough times" out of context, which in context was talking about entry level jobs.
If there's no entry-level jobs, there's no way to get job skills for the non-entry level jobs. No amount of education is a substitute for real operational work experience.

Every field has an entry-level, even advanced professions. Break that pipeline and shit gets fucked fast. We already have a problem where companies want 10 years' experience in 4-year-old technologies to get an entry-level position. A generation of kids who can't get on the ladder is a disaster. We already got a brief glimpse of that during the last financial crisis.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Daidraco

If there's no entry-level jobs, there's no way to get job skills for the non-entry level jobs. No amount of education is a substitute for real operational work experience.

Every field has an entry-level, even advanced professions. Break that pipeline and shit gets fucked fast. We already have a problem where companies want 10 years' experience in 4-year-old technologies to get an entry-level position. A generation of kids who can't get on the ladder is a disaster. We already got a brief glimpse of that during the last financial crisis.
I realize that entry level jobs has a wide girth of opportunities. But I'm not envisioning a single job I had that would be classified as "entry level" that spurned me on to a career in a master class field. Even examining others, I'm having trouble. What jobs would you say will be replaced that are integral in the chain linked to careers? I cant imagine putting Pizza Hut at 16 down on my resume helped me in any capacity.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Out of that entire video, the only thing that mattered to Reddit and other left wing MSM news is that Jensen said that young people should expect "rough times" out of context, which in context was talking about entry level jobs. At least this is what Ive gathered from other posters, someone can correct me cause Im not watching the whole thing, either.

I watched the whole thing and I don't think he talked about jobs anywhere.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I realize that entry level jobs has a wide girth of opportunities. But I'm not envisioning a single job I had that would be classified as "entry level" that spurned me on to a career in a master class field. Even examining others, I'm having trouble. What jobs would you say will be replaced that are integral in the chain linked to careers? I cant imagine putting Pizza Hut at 16 down on my resume helped me in any capacity.
What part of "every field has an entry level" did you not understand? If you automate all the low-level engineering or programming jobs, where do you get your future principal engineers and software architects from? If you automate all the copywriting jobs, where do you get senior product managers from?

Animated GIF

• 1Edgelord

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Note: I don't actually think any of this is going to happen. I think for most complex fields, "AI" is going to be a lot more like "offshoring" where you're basically just cloning extremely mediocre workers who end up creating almost as many problems as they actually solve. Except you'll be arguing with a stupid computer instead of arguing with Muhammad and Rohit.

• 1Bullshit

Daidraco

What part of "every field has an entry level" did you not understand? If you automate all the low-level engineering or programming jobs, where do you get your future principal engineers and software architects from? If you automate all the copywriting jobs, where do you get senior product managers from?

Animated GIF
You are such an insufferable fucking cunt 99% of the time. I asked you, without sarcasm, which jobs you're referring to because "I" am not thinking of the entry level positions you speak of, and thats how you respond. Yet you fucking complain about how people "act" here.

I dont think for a fucking second that without basic understanding of the concepts, that a person will be able to use the AI to build all but the most basic fucking programs using AI. No matter how advanced the AI gets. Will AI put a dent in the workload and available positions for these "so called" entry level positions? Most definitely. But, as respectfully as I can be, you fucking wanna-be tranny, I did not consider fucking "programming" to be on par with fucking Flipping Burgers, as an entry level position. It's also asinine to think that if these jobs did disappear, that no other avenue would appear when companies are looking to hire the "Senior product managers" .. and if there is no need for them, then I guess thats the fucking end of that, too! As if specific jobs or entire industries have not withered and died in the past. Not that I believe for a fucking second, unlike you apparently do, that that will fucking happen.

As Booze would say,

:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

I watched the whole thing and I don't think he talked about jobs anywhere.
Master cunt knew exactly what I was talking about. I had to look in my history and go back to the thread, but its a click bait title and its just talking about programming jobs.

• 1Moron