Clash of Clans iOS

Scyfi

N00b
Anyone playing this game? It's a simple village builder, but with armies that you build to attack other villages. You also have walls and defense weapons of your own to defend against invaders. Just looking to see if others are playing and wanna team up.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I played for a few weeks between November/December but it lost its charm after I hit rank 7 or 8 town hall. The cost/benefit of attacking another village became too high. You had to get lucky and find people that had left the game with minimal defenses in order to justify spending your army on attacking.

I might check it out again one day, but it's a pass from me for now.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone playing this? Wife got me playing with her work friend league last month and I'm about to pass them up. They've made it a casual once a week clan war type game that could use a few more to fill out some ranks. Most of the people are TH 6-8 with only 12 pretending to play.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Clan tag DragonsBlood / #9lpQv29Q if you need someone to spam you troops. Should be set for anyone can join. I'm under my normal name.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I played for a few weeks between November/December but it lost its charm after I hit rank 7 or 8 town hall. The cost/benefit of attacking another village became too high. You had to get lucky and find people that had left the game with minimal defenses in order to justify spending your army on attacking.

I might check it out again one day, but it's a pass from me for now.
You don't actually need to build legitimate armies to farm. The easiest way is to just do all archer attacks, or 1/2 archer 1/2 barb attacks, and hit bases with full collectors or storages on the outer edges of the base. You can tell the collectors are full by looking at the elixir collectors and seeing if there is purple at least halfway up. Gold 2 is the sweet spot I've found. You can steal a ton of resources off of fully upgraded TH10 bases with this method. Also make sure that you're fully maxed out at your current TH level, or it will take forever to upgrade if you move up early.

Don't try to use the lightning spell on storages. It no longer works on them.

I still did this at TH9 but I got bored with wars and don't play any longer.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The game kinda falls apart at TH9+ because it was only made for TH8 and the scaling is terrible past then... Partly to get people to pay for gems I'd guess too.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a very near max TH8 that just has air defense and walls to do but I just can't stomach to put in the time to farm the rest and go up to TH9. I've just been farming gold at a very very casual pace to finish off the walls(FU you supercell for the elixir nerf to TH8 walls). It's basically when I've collected enough gold through my collectors is how I'm finishing up my wallks and if I log on and my shield is up I'll do an attack with PEKKA's and wizards. I've been at max elixir for months with nothing to spend it on.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a very near max TH8 that just has air defense and walls to do but I just can't stomach to put in the time to farm the rest and go up to TH9. I've just been farming gold at a very very casual pace to finish off the walls(FU you supercell for the elixir nerf to TH8 walls). It's basically when I've collected enough gold through my collectors is how I'm finishing up my wallks and if I log on and my shield is up I'll do an attack with PEKKA's and wizards. I've been at max elixir for months with nothing to spend it on.
Because it sounds like you're barching down in gold where the filthy casuals and TH7s hang out. Use Loonion (24 loons, 40 minions) to get up to Masters 3 (about 40 minutes between raids using this army comp), and you'll power through those walls at a much quicker pace. Yes, you spend 4x as much elixer per attack (minion cost offset by the loot bonus), but you'll also earn 200-300k gold every single attack and not just spamming next for hours either. You can boost your barracks through crystal 1 once or twice if you want to spend 80 gems, I'll often use 1-2 heal spells also if the target is particularly lucrative and I want to wipe out more of it.

You'll actually spend less time playing the game (attacking half as often), to become more successful overall, clan wars help too as an interesting diversion / something to spend elixer on. That's the number one thing I learned from MMO playing. The best players don't often spend MORE time playing the game (except in the beginning) They also learn to be more efficient with their time better.

#8GLGQOLG (or search fac bellum) if you're interested in joining my clan, I'm not the leader or anything, but we war 3x a week and are mostly good.

Araxen

I'm intrigued by your offer but I'm not sober but when I'm sober in the morning I'll make a decision. I have a Boom Beach base too which is 14 now and I'm just playing that at a casual pace too though with that game I can't imagine playing it at anything other than that. It's just not built like Clash.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You don't actually need to build legitimate armies to farm. The easiest way is to just do all archer attacks, or 1/2 archer 1/2 barb attacks, and hit bases with full collectors or storages on the outer edges of the base. You can tell the collectors are full by looking at the elixir collectors and seeing if there is purple at least halfway up. Gold 2 is the sweet spot I've found. You can steal a ton of resources off of fully upgraded TH10 bases with this method. Also make sure that you're fully maxed out at your current TH level, or it will take forever to upgrade if you move up early.

Don't try to use the lightning spell on storages. It no longer works on them.

I still did this at TH9 but I got bored with wars and don't play any longer.
I appreciate the insight, but I haven't had the game installed for over a couple years. I'd hope things have changed quite a bit since then (you quoted an April 2013 post
tongue.png
).

Araxen

Yeah, BARCHing is really the only way to farm. Supercell really hasn't done anything to nerf it besides releasing Boom Beach.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I like boom beach a lot more. I miss some of the tactical elements of unit deployment and base setup with walls, but overall I think it's a better game. Every time I get to the edge of "shit I need a ton more X" I put a bit of elbow grease into destroying player bases and overcome the deficit pretty quickly.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm still at the early th8 stage where my guys aren't upgraded enough to really push into maxed out th8s since all those defenses get 2 upgrades this level. I think my early upgrade priority will be Giants, Wizards, balloons for the easy pickings. 36 hours and giants will be done.

3 days and I'll have all the DE troops unlocked for this section and that will give me some variety once this method gets tedious. Minions were the only thing I didn't max out before opening th8.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I always loved mass archers and barbs to pick off collectors on terrible base layouts.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm still at the early th8 stage where my guys aren't upgraded enough to really push into maxed out th8s since all those defenses get 2 upgrades this level. I think my early upgrade priority will be Giants, Wizards, balloons for the easy pickings. 36 hours and giants will be done.

3 days and I'll have all the DE troops unlocked for this section and that will give me some variety once this method gets tedious. Minions were the only thing I didn't max out before opening th8.
I'd recommend you either do Barbs and Archers first... or Balloons and Minions. Both are good at TH8 for farming.

Depends on your playstyle. Barch or GiBarch is approx 20 minutes between raids, and if you boost barracks it's virtually non-stop raiding for 2 hours straight.

Ballonion is 40-45 minutes between raids. So if you boost, it's about 10 minutes between attacks, so you can still surf and read even while boosted while just barely keeping your account online to prevent getting raided. Loonion works better in crystal.

Barch is better in gold.

I just had an 800k loot in crystal 1 (and another 120k from loot bonus). Usually the highest you'll find in gold is 400k or so.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
TH 8 balloonion is effective for looting in crystal league? You have me intrigued. I'm sick of Barchers and the endless next spam to find a dead base.

So you just deploy to target gold storage?

If anyone wants to join a serious war clan look up Outcast Nation. My name is Gax in game and should be at the top of the roster in trophies. We have 151 wins and war always. Looking for th7s and low th8s especially to get better war draws. If your base is rushed or you have little war experience we have a feeder clan called Outcast Society for training newer folks.

Araxen

Still not sure if I like the changes they made today. Too early to tell.