Classic EverQuest Battle Royale

fjurn

Molten Core Raider
Choose a class
Queue up
Everyone loads in and drops into a single classic era zone
Kill ez mobs as loot pinatas to gear up
Pvp anyone you find
A circle of amygdalan warriors closes in pushing everyone towards one part of the map
Winner winner chicken dinner
Repeat

Essentially this picture here:
everquest-20th-anniversary-8.jpg

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
been debating a dota-esque type thing... in Tox or The Grey cause of the symmetry.

though this idea pretty fun to think about too

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Choose a class
Queue up
Everyone loads in and drops into a single classic era zone
Kill ez mobs as loot pinatas to gear up
Pvp anyone you find
A circle of amygdalan warriors closes in pushing everyone towards one part of the map
Winner winner chicken dinner
Repeat

Essentially this picture here:
everquest-20th-anniversary-8.jpg

shadow knight harms shields through the warriors circle and fds outside and laughs while the carnage ensues.

gets up and unholy and finishes off any unlucky stragglers. It was his game the whole time

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fjurn

Molten Core Raider
About 6 years late to this idea, sorry.

Interesting - of all emu people I’m glad you gave it a try. I remember playing an emu summer of 2010 that was a perma death pvp server. That was one of the most fun emus I ever played. Think I had a 50 something druid named Frasier. Forget the name of the server tho. Also, played a lot of Guild Wars by Lucid Vision back in 2005.

For this I don’t think there would be any continuity - it’d be like level 40 classic / kunark spell kits and that’s it. Clerics can rez tho, but once you’re dead dead you just queue up for the next game and start over.

What if we put this single zone version of EQ in the browser? That would expand the player base by a lot.

Another image for inspiration. Essentially this:
03gx5FdcFq74h_11091.jpg

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Interesting - of all emu people I’m glad you gave it a try. I remember playing an emu summer of 2010 that was a perma death pvp server. That was one of the most fun emus I ever played. Think I had a 50 something druid named Frasier. Forget the name of the server tho. Also, played a lot of Guild Wars by Lucid Vision back in 2005.

Perma death PVP server? Also me. (MortalQuest)

• 1Like

fjurn

Molten Core Raider
Awesome - didn't know you were the one who made that! That was my favorite eq emu of all time. Would you be down to chat about what ideas are worth working on? I watched your alovingrobot interview when it came out and thought you were a cool person.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Awesome - didn't know you were the one who made that! That was my favorite eq emu of all time. Would you be down to chat about what ideas are worth working on? I watched your alovingrobot interview when it came out and thought you were a cool person.
I hang out in both the EQEmulator and my own (Project Quarm) discord. Feel free to reach out.

• 1Like