Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2023-07-10 14.27.42 inxile.net fd76050d818e.png

Genre(s): RPG (First Person)
Developer: inXile Entertainment
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
Release Date: Coming Soon
Store Page:

They are shooting for a mix between Vampire: The Masquerade and Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura according to the following article:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On the one hand, I have loved most of what they have done (Tides of Numera not withstanding) and a couple of the guys there are personal friends from way back. On the other hand, the recent Xbox exclusive thing puts me off since I am a PS5 whore and I cannot help bot notice "strong kangress" trope shit. Major Bioshock vibes, but Atomic Heart also had those and proved mediocre. More Wasteland less shooterRPG please, guys.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
On the one hand, I have loved most of what they have done (Tides of Numera not withstanding) and a couple of the guys there are personal friends from way back. On the other hand, the recent Xbox exclusive thing puts me off since I am a PS5 whore and I cannot help bot notice "strong kangress" trope shit. Major Bioshock vibes, but Atomic Heart also had those and proved mediocre. More Wasteland less shooterRPG please, guys.

I had a visceral reaction when I saw the nogress too, dunno, after so much content of character I can't help but have a reaction now to any of them.

Burns

I read the story from the game director and didn't even watch the trailer. He worked on both V:TM and Arcanum, so if he is really trying to make a V:TM game in a Arcanum world, then it should be a good game. It's too early to tell though.

I didn't like Numenera or Bard's Tale 4, but Wasteland 2/3 were great.

Burns

Is it Tim Cain? Sounds very tim Cainish.
Chad Moore is the game director. I don't recognize his name, but it says he was a lead artist and designer at Troika.

Jason Anderson is also back at inXile and he was one of the Troika founders. I don't know his job title, as they don't have it listed on their website, nor is there a wiki page for the game yet.

2023-07-10 16.13.55 twitter.com c3a562dcbb95.png

Tim Cain is simi-retired and making videos about gaming history now days:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea someone on the board found those and posted about them and I've been devouring them.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Arcanum is one of those games that really stuck with me. InXile games have been hit and miss, we'll see. I'll hope for the best, but prepare for the worst!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Looks like bioshock 3.

I hope not. Bioshock Infinite was the most disappointing game I ever played. The story had so many good mysteries and ways to go at the beginning and it turned into a giant shitty mess. Fuck that game.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I've played this before - it ends at a lighthouse. There is always a lighthouse.

Goonsquad Officer
Arcanum is one of those games that really stuck with me. InXile games have been hit and miss, we'll see. I'll hope for the best, but prepare for the worst!
"He asked what he could do with the machine. He should have asked "what will be the cost of its use!"