Coherence (2013)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Coherence

Tagline: Nothing is random

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: James Ward Byrkit

Cast: Hugo Armstrong, Emily Baldoni, Nicholas Brendon, Elizabeth Gracen, Lauren Maher, Alex Manugian, Lorene Scafaria, Maury Sterling

Release: 2013-09-19

Runtime: 89

Plot: On the night a comet is passing near Earth, eight friends at a dinner party experience a troubling chain of reality bending events. When the power goes out, they discover that the only house on the street left with power also holds many secrets.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 108301[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Coherence (2013)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]James Ward Byrkit[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Hugo Armstrong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emily Baldoni[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nicholas Brendon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Gracen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lauren Maher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alex Manugian[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lorene Scafaria[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maury Sterling[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2013-09-19[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]89[/RUNTIME]

Plot: On the night of an astronomical anomaly, eight friends at a dinner party experience a troubling chain of reality bending events. Part cerebral sci-fi and part relationship drama, Coherence is a tightly focused, intimately shot film that quickly ratchets up with tension and mystery.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

"On the night of an astronomical anomaly, eight friends at a dinner party experience a troubling chain of reality bending events. Part cerebral sci-fi and part relationship drama, COHERENCE is a tightly focused, intimately shot film whose tension intensely ratchets up as its numerous complex mysteries unfold."

View attachment 108302

I don't remember how I heard about this movie, but I'm glad I watched it. It's a sci-fi gem.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
8OIsK5Mlkieeqf5ejZOKFiyH5mM.jpg

Title: Coherence

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: James Ward Byrkit

Cast: Hugo Armstrong, Emily Baldoni, Nicholas Brendon, Elizabeth Gracen, Lauren Maher, Alex Manugian, Lorene Scafaria, Maury Sterling

Release: 2013-09-19

Runtime: 89

Plot: On the night a comet is passing near Earth, eight friends at a dinner party experience a troubling chain of reality bending events. When the power goes out, they discover that the only house on the street left with power also holds many secrets.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was just over reacting to the whole intro / dinner table scene. It is actually not bad so far.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just watched it. Thanks for posting. Hadn't ever heard of it and was really entertained. It's like the adult version of "+1" that I posted about in the unexpected netflix thread. Replace the college shitbanger with a dinner party and the teenage angst with emotional baggage and they are eerily similar. This was much better, though.

The "relationship drama" never gets in the way of the actual science fiction plot. It's clear they have baggage but they don't want to talk about it too much so the viewer never has to get too involved in it. It's more of a device to show characters motivations than to get bogged down in drama. The pacing was excellent.

I was hoping the end would wrap up a little tighter with only a few houses and building the suspense about who was from where (kind of like Primer) but then it wouldn't have fit their many worlds interpretation. The movie seems more based on science than a lot of other science fiction which is a good thing. Although it isn't, I'll take misrepresentations of superposition, wavefunction collapse, and schrodinger's cat any day over that "unlocking the unused 90% of brain capacity" bullshit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Finally saw ths and am surprised this went under the radar as much as it did.

It's a lot like Primer except more enjoyable since you don't need to watch it 42 times while making graphs and diagrams and shit. There's still enough, though, that you have to watch it multiple times to fully understand it.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database