College Football 2014-15

Boston Fucking College....ACC! ACC! ACC!

Actually I hope they're shit...going to BC @ Virginia Tech in November. I was there last year to see the team lose to fucking Duke in person, would not like a repeat performance.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
LOL at both USC and UCLA right now. Neither of those games should be close yet they are both in serious danger of losing.

Based on their last 2 games plus this one, UCLA surely doesn't look to be nearly as good as last year.

Edit: Oh, I just glanced at the stats and it looks like Hundley is out? He get hurt or something?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was a good game. Proud of the way they fought. No idea what the fuck the offense was doing at the end. Running hurry up while leading with three minutes left... huh?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Ya what a day. Hopefully what is ok.
I was laughing like a lunatic when I saw that Georgia lost.

With Mack Brown gone, who is around to take the heat off of Richt for having nothing to show with all that talent?

Actually, that is unfair to Mack Brown since he Vince Young'd a NC.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm always OK bro.

Defense is what we were afraid they'd be and our QB isn't championship quality.
I didn't get to watch the game, so this is an honest question.

Is the QB not talented enough or is he just too green? It is usually unrealistic for any team to have serious post-season aspirations when they are replacing a multi-year starter at QB. The back-ups usually just haven't gotten enough real playing time and don't garner enough experience by the 3rd game of the season.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm liking Missouri's chances to repeat as SEC East champs after yesterday. Only us, Florida, and Tennessee don't have a conference loss yet. Tennessee is turrible, so I'm not worried about them, and I don't think Florida is much better than last year after seeing Kentucky take them to triple overtime in the Swamp.

My thoughts on each team on that side so far:

Mizzou - solid on both sides of the ball, and although we've played an *ok* non-con(Toledo was 7-5 last year, and UCF, while not the same, was a BCS bowl winner last year) we haven't truly been tested yet.
South Carolinia - horrid defense, especially pass defense.
Georgia - hard to judge. Looked like world beaters vs Clemson, couldn't stop SC from doing anything yesterday.
Florida - still has a pretty anemic offense when playing anyone with a pulse. Defense has maybe taken a step back from the last couple years as well
Tennessee - going to struggle to even get bowl eligible, they're not good.
Kentucky - maybe a little better than normal, but they're still not good
Vanderbilt - complete dumpster fire, would give Purdue and kansas a good run for absolute worst BCS conference team this year.

I feel like that Georgia vs South Carolina game was just set up perfectly for South Carolina. Georgia wants to run Gurley a million times a game ideally, yet SC has a halfway decent run defense, it's their pass defense that is atrocious, but Georgia really didn't want to throw the ball. So Georgia is set up to not really be able to exploit South Carolinas 1 huge, glaring weakness. I think of the two, SC has the more balanced offence, but Georgias defense is better(or at the least, balanced, isn't as glaringly terrible in one facet like SC is)

I think Mizzou beats South Carolina, because their poor pass defense is going to get seriously challenged, we should put up a ton of points on them.

The Mizzou - Georgia game will be interesting though. Mizzou's strength on D is our pass rush, and if Georgia just doesn't drop back to throw much, that's fairly negated. We have small, fast as hell DEs and they might get run over by Gurley all game long. Georgia needs to do to Mizzou what UCF came out and did in the first half. Just run, run run. Take your 3-4 yards a carry, run the clock, and just keep churning. In yesterdays game, Mizzou was only up 14-10 at the half before winning 38-10 because we only had THREE possessions in the entire first half. It was nuts, UCF held on to the ball for 20 of the 30 minutes. It was obvious we were going to score, in our 3 possessions we threw 2 TDs and an INT, but we just couldn't get off the field on defense. and UCF wasn't bombing us for big plays, it was just slowly and methodically moving the chains, while not making mistakes in that first half.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
I didn't get to watch the game, so this is an honest question.

Is the QB not talented enough or is he just too green? It is usually unrealistic for any team to have serious post-season aspirations when they are replacing a multi-year starter at QB. The back-ups usually just haven't gotten enough real playing time and don't garner enough experience by the 3rd game of the season.
He's been in the system for 5 years and presumably been playing QB his whole life. It's talent. That said, we scored 35 and should have had (a lot) more. I think SC punted twice? Or maybe once? So in my statement above, the complaint is 90% defense / 10% qb. And it is a complaint with understanding because the defensive backfield should, by all rights, be a clusterfuck with the mess Grantham left.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I agree with you Joeboo. The East is as bad as it's been since I remember. Should be yours to win.