College Football 2014-15

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Brady Hoke fired at Michigan

Sam Webb on Twitter:

So that makes Florida, Nebraska, and Michigan all looking for coaches. Might set off quite the coaching carousel once they all fill their positions, those 3 programs could lure a coach from the vast majority of other schools.

I could see Michigan taking a run at Les Miles, and he would seriously consider it. He isn't near as close to winning a national title now at LSU as he was 4 years ago the last time Michigan had an opening. I can't see Harbaugh stepping down from the NFL to coach at Michigan though, that seems like an unrealistic target.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Saw this on ESPN: In a stunning coincidence, Hoke's ouster comes on the same day that it was announced that his predecessor in Ann Arbor, Rich Rodriguez was announced as the Pac-12 coach of the year

This is really starting to seem as dumb as the BCS used to be at this point.

TCU moved up a spot is a clear signal that their head to head loss to Baylor simply never happened. Must be nice to have something like that forgiven just because. And Florida State needs to be careful, they might just keep winning themselves right out of this playoff somehow.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Or maybe Baylor losing to week 7 of the football season to West Virginia (7-5) with a score of 41-27 is a lot more damaging than TCU losing to Baylor( at Baylor) after wrecking them for 3 1/2 quarters only to lose to them on the last second 5 weeks into the season.

Fuck the head to head, I am sure if they played now TCU would win. They sure as shit didn't lose to West Virginia in a blow out loss like Baylor did.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There should be no human involvement in ranking. Its what I hated about the old system and still don't like it about the new system.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Should be a 64 team tournament like basketball. Play 4, maybe 5 regular season games and then into the tournament. It would be great.
WVU would never make it past the 2nd round and when they did they'd lose to Duke bro.

That's for wishing RichRod on me son.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Or maybe Baylor losing to week 7 of the football season to West Virginia (7-5) with a score of 41-27 is a lot more damaging than TCU losing to Baylor( at Baylor) after wrecking them for 3 1/2 quarters only to lose to them on the last second 5 weeks into the season.

Fuck the head to head, I am sure if they played now TCU would win. They sure as shit didn't lose to West Virginia in a blow out loss like Baylor did.
And if Baylor played WVU again, they'd probably win and be undefeated right now. We can play the "what if" game all you want, but in the end Baylor beat TCU heads up. End of story.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Brady Hoke fired at Michigan

Sam Webb on Twitter:

So that makes Florida, Nebraska, and Michigan all looking for coaches. Might set off quite the coaching carousel once they all fill their positions, those 3 programs could lure a coach from the vast majority of other schools.

I could see Michigan taking a run at Les Miles, and he would seriously consider it. He isn't near as close to winning a national title now at LSU as he was 4 years ago the last time Michigan had an opening. I can't see Harbaugh stepping down from the NFL to coach at Michigan though, that seems like an unrealistic target.
The TAF already had a meeting and a vote about what to do if/when Miles gets offered a job in Michigan and this was a few weeks ago. I'm too low on the totem pole to know what the final vote was. I only attended to place a proxy vote and was asked to leave.

Reading about the UAB shutdown has been a real experience. Apparently being a long dead football coach's son is a golden ticket to power and influence in Alabama. Bear Bryant Jr. has allegedly made this program sleep with the fishes because of a feud another dead guy had with his father decades ago.

According to the college football reddit posts, anyway. If it's even partially true...what a sewer of a state. If this is how they run a college system imagine how bad the state politics are.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Reading about the UAB shutdown has been a real experience. Apparently being a long dead football coach's son is a golden ticket to power and influence in Alabama. Bear Bryant Jr. has allegedly made this program sleep with the fishes because of a feud another dead guy had with his father decades ago.

According to the college football reddit posts, anyway. If it's even partially true...what a sewer of a state. If this is how they run a college system imagine how bad the state politics are.
It's a right wing circle jerk. Not as bad as Arizona tho

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Regarding Baylor vs TCU...

Head to head matchups only matter for breaking ties within a conference. They mean nothing for national rankings. All that National rankings see are that TCUs one loss is against a top 10 team and Baylors 1 loss is against an unranked team. TCU should be ranked higher in every National ranking possible because of that.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Regarding Baylor vs TCU...

Head to head matchups only matter for breaking ties within a conference. They mean nothing for national rankings. All that National rankings see are that TCUs one loss is against a top 10 team and Baylors 1 loss is against an unranked team. TCU should be ranked higher in every National ranking possible because of that.
Which is why the college ranking system is a fucking joke. In 2007 they didn't crown the Patriots as champions because their only loss came against he NFC champions. The Giants won the game.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is why the college ranking system is a fucking joke. In 2007 they didn't crown the Patriots as champions because their only loss came against he NFC champions. The Giants won the game.
Blame the big 12 for not having a conference championship game. Also, Baylor deserves this. Your dickbag coach voted OU ahead of Texas in 08 despite Texas winning the head to head on neutral ground, which was one if the reasons OU went to the national title game. Karma is a bitch.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Blame the big 12 for not having a conference championship game. Also, Baylor deserves this. Your dickbag coach voted OU ahead of Texas in 08 despite Texas winning the head to head on neutral ground, which was one if the reasons OU went to the national title game. Karma is a bitch.
Except that year Tech beat Texas, and OU stomped Tech. We are both biased in the argument, and a Tech guy could come in and claim that they should have been in. The real reason OU went was because they lost first and had more time to recover. When each team has a loss head to head stops mattering as much as it did when the teams are undefeated because it becomes murky, and rightfully so. If i just watched OU games then I saw OU lose by a slim margin to TCU and then get trounced by BU so I would think that BU should be ranked higher than TCU; however, I watched both of them play 7+ times this year and I personally think that TCU's body of work is better and that the rankings are correct.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Blame the big 12 for not having a conference championship game.
Why are we blaming the Big 12 for a restriction that the NCAA puts in place? If UT wasn't such a pussy-hurt program and didn't run off 4 schools from the conference because of their absolute shit of a tv deal, we'd still have a championship game.

Edit: Of course, this all becomes moot if Baylor shits the bed against K-State.