College Football 2016-2017 Season

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shrug, we only have P5 teams on our future schedules for openers every year out from now on, like it should be.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
App St just gifted this game to Tennessee by not even getting a FG attempt off in regulation. That was some Andy Reid/Ron Zook/Gary Pinkel levels of inept clock management.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Louisville vs Charlotte.........tough opener bros

Sure was! But I think opening against Trinity HS down the road would've been a tougher game. We don't play a single FCS this year, but I'm pretty sure Charlotte would've lost to most FCS programs.

I'm looking forward to the SEC cupcake week later this season against super-tough FCS opponents. Going to be magical!

Last edited:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tennessee came out and showed the world that Butch Jones is a 2nd rate snake oil salesman. Absolutely no improvement whatsoever in the areas they were weak in, where they used experience and youth as the excuses. I'm not a doom and gloomer, saying that they are only going to win 4 games or such nonsense, but even if they pull out 8 or 9 wins, that is still underachieving with the talent levels they have on that roster.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sigh, well I for one wait for the day Tennessee decides to play to its talent.

Maybe they can hire Peyton Manning as head coach so he can show them boys how to come together and T-bag a training assistant.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sigh, well I for one wait for the day Tennessee decides to play to its talent.

Maybe they can hire Peyton Manning as head coach so he can show them boys how to come together and T-bag a training assistant.

Plus, he can really help them in their losing to Florida skills.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sure was! But I think opening against Trinity HS down the road would've been a tougher game. We don't play a single FCS this year, but I'm pretty sure Charlotte would've lost to most FCS programs.

I'm looking forward to the SEC cupcake week later this season against super-tough FCS opponents. Going to be magical!

There were go! This is a good attempt to start the season off with some quality shit posting. I expect performance to improve throughout the season just like any good program.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Tennessee came out and showed the world that Butch Jones is a 2nd rate snake oil salesman. Absolutely no improvement whatsoever in the areas they were weak in, where they used experience and youth as the excuses. I'm not a doom and gloomer, saying that they are only going to win 4 games or such nonsense, but even if they pull out 8 or 9 wins, that is still underachieving with the talent levels they have on that roster.

I think UT will end up being fine throughout the year. Unlike our game, App. State isn't a pushover. First games are always tough as you basically have to get rid of the cobwebs. I think Georgia will end up winning the East, but I wouldn't completely count out UT just yet based on their first game, especially against a team that has done big upsets before.

Really looking forward to the Bama game tomorrow. I want Alabama to demolish USC and they very likely will. Always enjoy watching Alabama play as they generally have every piece of the puzzle figured out and it's fun watching what a NFL-lite school can do.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm torn on USC vs Alabama. On one hand USC losing helps the Ducks out, but USC winning puts a dent in Alabama from the get go.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think UT will end up being fine throughout the year. Unlike our game, App. State isn't a pushover. First games are always tough as you basically have to get rid of the cobwebs. I think Georgia will end up winning the East, but I wouldn't completely count out UT just yet based on their first game, especially against a team that has done big upsets before.

Really looking forward to the Bama game tomorrow. I want Alabama to demolish USC and they very likely will. Always enjoy watching Alabama play as they generally have every piece of the puzzle figured out and it's fun watching what a NFL-lite school can do.

I see your point and agree completely with it. My biggest thing is, all of the things that have been wrong with this team in the past 3 years are still there and not improved at all. In fact, you could argue that Tennessee has regressed slightly (however, those are completely in line with the cobwebs comment). This was supposed to be THE year though. This is the year that Jones's recruiting classes took over the upper classmen ranks, which were all top 10, and they should have simply come out much stronger than they did. App State is a great team for their level, yes, but their linemen were an average 50 pounds lighter than Tennessee's. That is just raw physics there, and they couldn't hold up against them. Tennessee was somehow inexplicably completely owned in the trenches by a Sunbelt team. I shudder to think what the other corn fed SEC teams' lines are going to do.

As far as Bama/USC along with LSU/Wisconsin, I'm hoping they both are good games and not blowouts.. on paper, this is one of the strongest opening days that I can remember

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats how to get it started Intrinsic, lol

The Missouri Michael Browns comin to Motown. Hands up will shoot

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Colin Kaepernick would not approve. BGSU honoring the 111 dead alumni.

CoSy-nSW8AACzm8.jpg

CoYuAQrXEAEHBdL.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Thats how to get it started Intrinsic, lol

The Missouri Michael Browns comin to Motown. Hands up will shoot

I think it's going to be an interesting game. West Virginia is going to have only 2 returning starters playing from a defense that was already not very good last year, but Missouri had an offense that was worse than AIDS last year. The classic scenario of which wins out, the movable object or the resistible force?

I think it'll be close, regardless. West Virginia offense is expected to be very good, but so is our defense, and the other side of the ball could be trash for us both. If you could somehow team-up West Virginias offense and Missouris defense, you have a top 10 team easily.

• 1Solidarity

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did I miss something? Isn't Skyler Howard still our QB?
Bro, 90mph fastballs on 5 yard slants will put the fear of god in those Missouri boys. Keep your head on a swivel or take a fastball to the side of the helmet.

This kid seriously has no touch on passes under 30 yards

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Bro, 90mph fastballs on 5 yard slants will put the fear of god in those Missouri boys. Keep your head on a swivel or take a fastball to the side of the helmet.

This kid seriously has no touch on passes under 30 yards
I can't root for a man named skyler. I find it impossible.

• 1Solidarity