College Football 2016-2017 Season

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Fun fact of the day. 80 teams played in bowl games this season. 79 of them were able to score at least 1 point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Jesus... I just saw this and my jaw dropped.

"From Week 8 on, Lamar Jackson was sacked on 14.9% of his dropbacks, the highest rate in FBS & nearly triple the FBS average."

Terrible o-line protection, we better get rid of our Defensive Coordinator!

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Myles Garrett has an amazing goal for his NFL career.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention something else I’ll miss deeply: Fuego, the finest taco dispensary on the planet. Those tacos were always there for me when I needed them most. Wherever I end up next, I will do whatever I can to make sure that Fuego opens a franchise in that city. This is something that is very important to me.

Myles Garrett’s hope for his next city: a taco joint

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Baylor, hope you've enjoyed the past few years... SMU can advise how the next 10 will look.
Football Class Rankings
Rivals.com
College Football Team Recruiting Rankings | Sports Illustrated Signing Day | SI.com
Scout.com: Football Recruiting
2017 Football Team Rankings
Latest 2017 College Football Recruiting Composite Team Rankings

Pretty consistently OSU and BU are in the same area as far as recruiting classes go, so can we expect OSU to be SMU level shit as well?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well, I have that expectation every year so that's not really news to me. It wasn't long ago that Okie State was at or around that level anyway.

But I imagine the difference generally, is the alleged 42 rapes in a 4 year span. At a Christian school in Texas. Whether the NCAA ultimately comes down on Baylor or not isn't of particular import - the PR around the school right now is every bit as bad as the Penn State deal a few years ago. PSU managed to claw their way back to success fairly quickly, and I imagine Baylor will eventually as well. Difference being PSU was a big time CFB program prior to their disgusting incident - Baylor wasn't, and as long as I've been alive never has been.

Also, recruiting rankings... I can't recall a single top 15 class ever for Okie State, and they hang around in the top 10-20 most years (lately) so I don't put a ton of stock in it. Texas is a great example of typically very good recruiting & mediocre coaching = ____? Plus, what recruit doesn't want to go to a school that allegedly lets the rape flow like the waters of the Capistrano?! I mean hell, one of the incidents was allegedly 10 dudes 1 gal!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People get so butthurt about recruiting rankings.

I think our #55 class a few years ago was re-ranked as the top class in the B12 a few years later, think we sent 12 kids of the class to the NFL.

Then you have teams like Georgia top 10 every year (2nd this year or at least top 5) being a perennial shit sandwich.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Did anyone see this yet?

Alabama's Recruiting Dominance Continues (Wow)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :thinking:

BamaCars_zpscrwcdufn.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Joeboo Joeboo who is this Greg Brown guy and should I care?

I can't quite figure the dude out. This will be his 4th stop in 5 years. He coached DBs at Alabama in 2013, then went to Louisville in 14,15, was at Mizzou just this one year of 2016, and now Auburn starting in 2017. He's quite the job hopper...and he's not a young guy trying to move up the ranks, he's old (in his 60s I believe)

Hard to really say what kind of impact he's had anywhere, he never stays long.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Kaines Kaines bro wtf is up with your team??

Just laying the ground work for a championship run. If Florida, Florida St, Ohio St., and USC are gold standards, we still have to get a few theives and drunks on the team before we're ready to get back into the top 5.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Well Sarkisian flew the coop to the Falcons as OC - can't blame him jumping at that opportunity.