Computer Issues

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Having some bluetooth pairing issues on laptop. It's got bluetooth, and I've updated the drivers. They are Realtek bluetooth drivers. But it still does not detect my bluetooth earbuds. Earbuds connected flawlessly with my iPhone without issue. I've re-updated the Bluetooth drivers out of device manager, and it changed them slightly it seems, based on name. Still nothing showing up when I try and go to pairing devices.

This is on Windows 8.1. Any suggestions? Gonna keep googling.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Having some bluetooth pairing issues on laptop. It's got bluetooth, and I've updated the drivers. They are Realtek bluetooth drivers. But it still does not detect my bluetooth earbuds. Earbuds connected flawlessly with my iPhone without issue. I've re-updated the Bluetooth drivers out of device manager, and it changed them slightly it seems, based on name. Still nothing showing up when I try and go to pairing devices.

This is on Windows 8.1. Any suggestions? Gonna keep googling.
alternative is to buy a usb bluetooth adapter
Amazon.com: Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter - For Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista: Computers Accessories

yea i know spend more money why? when your MB already has a BT receiver? i was never able to get those shits working right, hell even a dell laptop it was spotty, i have no idea why, when bt works great on everyphone but windows just fucking sucks.

Unless i use a usb receiver. These were the bane of my HTPC Existence, i'd loosing pair every other odd 3rd week, sometimes distance just didn't work 5 ft away! this is with the MB bt.

Crone

Amazon.com: Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter - For Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista: Computers Accessories

yea i know spend more money why? when your MB already has a BT receiver? i was never able to get those shits working right, hell even a dell laptop it was spotty, i have no idea why, when bt works great on everyphone but windows just fucking sucks.

Unless i use a usb receiver. These were the bane of my HTPC Existence, i'd loosing pair every other odd 3rd week, sometimes distance just didn't work 5 ft away! this is with the MB bt.
Not a bad idea. I have those Sony Gold wireless headphones that are BT with a USB adaptor, and those were flawlessly. Might just have to go this route for convenience.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the Sony gold headset is just USB wireless and not Bluetooth. I have them too and they're great, got no idea why they didn't make them BT

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Running into an issue (similar on my old system, only hardware I moved from it it is my SSD) where I've had a couple of crashes, screens go black, hear like a weird mechanical "bzzzt" through my audio source, and that's it (old build would be the bzzzt sound consistently until i rebooted). On my new system I can hear windows playing the default sound for a USB device being unplugged/plugged in. But nothing gets my display back without completely powering off and back on.

I'm thinking a possible driver crash? But windows doesnt log anything critical other than the forced shutdown of the kernel losing power when I power down to reboot.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I reinstalled windows 7 last night and re-downloaded Media Player Classic and installed the madvr renderer.

Does anyone know why the madvr renderer says the frame rate is so high? Every other renderer displays it at 23-24fps. And what's with the weird text?

rrr_img_97964.jpg

Crone

I've made progress. Found a driver that let me connect my iPhone. So that's cool, not really... lol. This would be the same as connecting my phone to a bluetooth speaker or something. So I know the integrated BT works. Now I just need to figure out how to put my earbuds into "pairing" mode or something else so that it's detected within windows like my phone was.

Edit: Fuck it, ordered the BT dongle linked above from Amazon. Not worth the hassle.
frown.png

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't holding the power button down(30 seconds or so) for awhile put the buds into pairing mode? That's how mine work.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much how every BT speaker I have ever seen works too. Hold the power button for pairing, otherwise it isn't constantly seeking for a new pairing.

Crone

Well, holding them for 5 seconds, maybe longer, turns them off. They are detected by my iPhone, so I know they are broadcasting themselves out there. Just not getting picked up by my laptop. Holding them for less than 5 seconds causes them to beep once, so I'm pretty sure they were putting their signal out there.

It's the Soundpeats QY7's off Amazon, but ya.

Edit: Reading some more, and I might have to hold them down longer. So either from Off, hold down power button for 10+ seconds, or from on, Hold it down, they'll power off, and go into pairing mode after that. More than likely from off, hold down power button. Will try this tonight. I feel stupid. I figured if my iPhone was detecting them, then my PC should as well. It didn't dawn on me that since the iPhone had already paired to them in the past, it would "more easily" see them again.

Crone

Yep, that was it. I was dumb and didn't realize I had to actually activate pairing mode. All good now. Thanks everyone.

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
I am still having an issue with my computer rebooting, it didnt happen for about 3 days, but has happened 4 times today, twice in the past 4 minutes. I had Open Hardware Monitor running, and there are some logs that it generates, but I have no idea what I am supposed to do with the logs. Every time my comp reboots I quickly check temps (have looked in BIOS as well as in Open Hardware Monitor) and nothing looks high. Its really becoming frustrating, I am not sure what to do to diagnose this =[

plz help

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Try running with a single stick of ram, try repeating all cards and ram. Check all your connections. What size psu and which graphics card? What kind of hdd? Is it newer or older?

Any bsods?

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
There is only one 8 gig stick of ram - perhaps I should buy another (was planning too soon anyways) and try that one, see if this stick is faulty?

The PSU is 1,000 watts

Im running 2 x Radeon r9 290x graphics cards

Its a 250GB SSD - I dont even remember the brand but can check if its important.

Its all about 1 month old, I bought all the parts and put them together, building my first DIY computer. I had some BSOD issues at first, but it turned out that was because of a slight issue I had related to placement of several cords etc that was causing one of the graphics cards fans to not work - I believe it was rebooting to prevent overheating. No BSOD issues since I figured that out (took me about 2 days)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Geez, minimum recommended PSU for 2x R9 290x cards is 1000W. Are you overclocking? What's the processor?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Remove one of that cards and see if it happens? I think you're drawing too much power.

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
The processor is i5 4690 3.5 ghz. This build was my first attempt at putting a computer together myself, so I went off of a build that was uploaded on a website (pcpartpicker.com), and followed their specs. I *assumed* that the power supply would have enough juice to handle what they came up with, it was one of their recommended builds with quite a few comments, and the only mention anyone made about the power supply was someone saying it seemed like a lot of power.

Its certainly possible that is the problem... however it has shut off, then rebooted, then shut off again within 1-2 minutes, when all ive done is open up google chrome, no video games etc, so I dont even think the second graphics card is running at that time.. The next time my comp resets I will remove one of the graphics cards, and then see if the problem persists.

And I am not overclocking, I have never done it before and while it was actually recommended for this build, I havent needed to yet, and wanted to get all the kinks out/comfortable with my system before I start messing with it like that (although apparantly its pretty easy, it looks like I can just do it from my BIOS). Im mostly noobish at computer hardware stuff, although I am learning a little at a time

Pizoi

Golden Squire
There's no way you're using more than 2-300 watts at idle, even with those power hungry 290's. Use HWMonitor or something to check to make sure your voltage rails are stable (within 5% of what they should be). Try a fresh install of whatever OS you're using too. If the problem persists you'll have to start the process of elimination to see what's causing the problem.

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
HWMoniter shows all voltages within 5%. I suppose I could reinstall windows 8 =/ This will sound like a dumb question most likely but re installing windows means it wipes all programs that I currently have? Or leaves them there...?