Confess, Fletch (2022)

Goatface

1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Confess, Fletch (2022)

Tagline: A dead body. A stolen Picasso. And this guy.

Genre: Crime, Comedy

Director: Greg Mottola

Cast: Jon Hamm, Roy Wood Jr., Annie Mumolo, Ayden Mayeri, Lorenza Izzo, Kyle MacLachlan, Marcia Gay Harden, John Slattery

Release: 2022-09-16

Runtime: 98

Plot: The roguishly charming and endlessly troublesome Fletch becomes the prime suspect in a murder case while searching for a stolen art collection. The only way to prove his innocence? Find out which of the long list of suspects is the culprit - from the eccentric art dealer and a missing playboy to a crazy neighbor and Fletch’s Italian girlfriend.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus, he has the charisma of a wooden stump in that.

How.

God damn just use a different name. Assholes.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
This was comedy gold, I am not sure what the new one is going for but it isnt comedy.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Jon Hamm is so much lighter and funnier in interviews than he is in this trailer. How can you make the actor worse than his real life persona? His Chevy Chase impersonation suuuuuckks.

Part of the problem is just the casting. Fletch always could always play dumb and play along with the moment. Nothing about Jon Hamm seems that way at all, he just seems really patronizing. Chevy really was able to capture the best lovable idiot who was actually really smart, and it didn't seem insulting to the audience; they were in on the joke.
Maybe the movie won't be that way.

Or maybe it will be which is why it is releasing in the theaters and on streaming at the same time without any advertising.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It's been like 30 years since I've seen either Fletch, but Fletch was not stupid himself, right? The personas he used were frequently morons, but he never was. Did the people involved confuse Fletch with Clark Griswold?

And why the hell would you cast Slattery! Let's have the audience cringe when they watch every scene and think 'Boy, their careers were fucking over after Mad Men, weren't they?'

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Ryan Reynolds would've been an amazing Fletch

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we need a thread for horrible new movies that dont deserve their own thread.
who the fuck thought rebooting Fletch with a wooden plank was a good idea?

• 2Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He seems to be doing a horrible impersonation of Steve Carrell's Michael Scott. But you know, with zero charisma or humor.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Jon Hamm is not a good actor. Why people continue to think he is when he has given this same performance in every single comedic role he's tried to play is beyond me.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He plays a decent cop or fed that you aren't emotionally invested in. When they try to get you to buy into him, and make some emotional investment is where he hits the wall.

Forcing this comedy career isn't working but they keep trying it.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was pretty mediocre. Its a fine time waster since its only 90mins. Hamm was good but ya nothing special.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Watched it. I agree... it's exactly average. Not as bad as I expected, but still not good enough to watch again.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I love the original two Fletch movies. Seen them so many times, as recently as about a month back. This trailer looks awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I pirated this and watched it with some friends yesterday. Contrary to the trailer, this wasn’t actually total ass. It had decent pacing and some laughs.

What all of us said is, there was just no reason to call it Fletch. I get why they did it, to sell the name, but they could have just called the character anything.

My brief summary: it’s not a horrible watch

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I actually thought this was a pretty faithful continuation of Fletch from the movies. The trailer made it seem like he was a clueless doofus but in the actual movie he's not like that. It's not as funny as the Chevy Chase Fletch films but I think it's solid.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He seems to be doing a horrible impersonation of Steve Carrell's Michael Scott. But you know, with zero charisma or humor.

Like the first season when US Office almost got cancelled, and they had to remodel Michael Scott to make him softer and lighter for US audiences?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
people who paid to see it are the reason why they keep making absolute shit like this

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database