Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Ok, all the emails from RR have been sent out. I am curious if anyone who was registered there, had 10+ posts and had a valid email address did not get one. I am afraid that spam-filters got activated partially through the email blast.
Wonderful fucking plan. Instead of just letting the community know with posts, you sit on the news, hold out and your mass email gets filtered to most people's spam/junk folder.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
what goes into a slam email folder? is it just hardcore poetry from 23 year old black women?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
There's a bunch of old guilds, LotD is one of the few that is still active (and PRX ofc). Few are older than UO/EQ, so this community is in that tier. But the top ranks in terms of age are always going to be the communities that started out with MUDs or neverwinter. Not many are around.

I'd argue that of the communities that started for MMO gaming in 1999, we are the largest.

LoD from my old UO shard (Baja) is still going strong, actually. About 300-400 active ppl on their forums at lordsofdeath.com. They're pretty strong with their continuity, with videos and history docs going all the way back to 1997.

It's weird that there hasn't been much intersection with the old PK'ers except for the folks who played shadowbane and AC2. We saw Darph and his Rolling30's crew post here and SA and other places.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
LoD is another one. When was the last game LoD played? I don't remember them in AA or BDO.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Theres a few of them in a couple betas that still play consistently, but for the most part they're kinda like us just shitposting and reminiscing. Last I saw them was on wow/Archimonde, but that was ages ago. Before that it was shadowbane.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ok, all the emails from RR have been sent out. I am curious if anyone who was registered there, had 10+ posts and had a valid email address did not get one. I am afraid that spam-filters got activated partially through the email blast.

It went to my normal Yahoo inbox. Thanks for doing this Tuco. Hopefully we pick up a few folks.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I logged into my old EQ email to see if I got the email and I did but it also brought it to my attention that this board has sent me an email or two...

D8dFdbp.jpg

• 1Like

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I didn't get an email from you from RR.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

I didn't get one, nothing in the spam either. I even went back there to check the mail adress, and it's still valid.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did not get the email in inbox or junk.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You should probably turn that off. :D

Actually, I spent a lot of time trying to turn mine off yesterday, with no success. As in, turning off every toggle and setting that sounded like it might even be remotely associated with alerts/emails...and I'm still getting spammed to death. I'm at the point where I get zero alerts or notifications through the browser (which sucks) but stuff is still getting mailed to me anyways. Made a couple of posts about in in the Amod thread I think, but I'll prob have to contact a_skeleton_03 directly because I'm sure my posts got buried by hodji sperging out on Tuco earlier.

Tuco Tuco I did get the email, went directly to junk mail though (Hotmail email in Outlook). Also for some reason it wasn't showing up when I was "searching all folders" for [email protected], seems like maybe an issue with Outlook?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We're planning on doing another email in the near future using a real email service and not whatever garbage Rerolled.org uses.

Plus this one will be sent out to the 10MB of emails I have backed up from fohguild.org.

There's a lot of garbage emails in there, so we're going to have hodj go through all of them and remove the obvious spam ones.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
We're planning on doing another email in the near future using a real email service and not whatever garbage Rerolled.org uses.

Plus this one will be sent out to the 10MB of emails I have backed up from fohguild.org.

There's a lot of garbage emails in there, so we're going to have hodj go through all of them and remove the obvious spam ones.
Why automate it? Hodj is more than capable of hand crafting thousands(?) of emails.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Actually, I spent a lot of time trying to turn mine off yesterday, with no success. As in, turning off every toggle and setting that sounded like it might even be remotely associated with alerts/emails...and I'm still getting spammed to death. I'm at the point where I get zero alerts or notifications through the browser (which sucks) but stuff is still getting mailed to me anyways. Made a couple of posts about in in the Amod thread I think, but I'll prob have to contact a_skeleton_03 directly because I'm sure my posts got buried by hodji sperging out on Tuco earlier.

Erronius Erronius Profile -> Preferences -> Options section, first toggle has a sub toggle "and receive email notifications of replies" uncheck that.

The alerts sections is solely for the alerts within the forum, this does not effect email spam so you can turn all of those back on.