Cyberpunk 2077

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't like subtitles, so always turn them off. When I do though, one line always gets stuck on screen and won't go away. Even more annoying that I have to turn them on anytime someone is speaking in Japanese. Wish there was a way to make them only turn on for non English dialog

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what you're talking about rows moving, I've never seen anything change as I click the boxes. It's a fairly simple mini-game that just alternates between columns and rows.

Your buffer size increases later on if you're building for Int and buy a high-end OS, and that is what allows you to eventually get at least 2 datamines every time and all 3 most of the time.

I wouldn't waste perks on access points though. They're hard to miss even without the perk that highlights them, and there's far better ways to make money.

---------------------------------

Anyone else with a Zen 2 CPU tried the AMD "fix"? I did it and fps dropped slightly, CPU usage only changed slightly, and [probably unrelated] the game crashed as I was leaving the area where I test minimum fps. Was really hoping the hex edit would make up for patch 1.04 dropping me to 52-54 fps in some areas and let me go back to 60 fps everywhere, but it was a bust.

Follow up to my post about the free legendary Gorilla Arms, there's also a lootable legendary Mantis Blades that's trivial to get at the very start of the game, but nobody seems to have come across Gorilla Arms or whatever the launcher one is called (heard it's trash compared to just using your guns because they are massively boosted by perks and the launcher just does base damage). Kind of weird you can only loot two of the four, but I assume people have the Future Press guide by now and would know if they were out there for free somewhere.

Got the arm mods. I really wanted to like the nanowire. But that shit is worthless.
I'm finding the legendary one super strong with 10 in Cool so far. The downside of using it over a katana is that the katana will give you Blade tree XP and even if it's not a big part of your build you still get passive bonuses and extra perk points for leveling it up. I didn't notice any skill tree XP gains for using the monowire. Nm, apparently I'm blind; you do gain Street Brawler tree XP from kills with the monowire. I haven't gone to get the Mantis Blades, but I assume those will raise Blade tree XP so that's probably the ones I want for every situation besides boxing matches.

Also, anybody tested the two leg mods? I assume double jump lets you travel further while boosted jump lets you jump higher. There's plenty of times I wished I could jump a little higher, but I can't think of any where I needed to jump further, so I'm leaning towards the boost ones when I get back up to 45k again. (Edit: I suppose there's also the run speed/quiet footstep legs, but I wouldn't even consider those, especially when I'm building for 20 Reflexes and Cool.)

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Code:
Standard Optimised Settings

Contact Shadows: On
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: On
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: High
Local Shadow Quality High
Cascaded Shadows Range: High
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: Medium
Distant Shadows Resolution: High
Volumetric Fog Resolution: 1080p Ultra, 1440p High, 4K Medium
Volumetric Cloud Quality: Medium
Max Dynamic Decals: Ultra
Screen Space Reflections Quality: Low but High if you find the amount of grain distracting.
Subsurface Scattering Quality: High
Ambient Occlusion: Low (there is barely a difference)
Colour Precision: Medium
Mirror Quality: 1080p High. 1440p High, 4K Medium
Level of Detail: High

Recommended Ray Tracing Settings

Ray Traced Reflections: On
Ray Traced Shadows: Off
Ray Traced Lighting: Medium
If that is not enough for you, Turn off reflections - the RT lighting is more important, on balance.

Image Quality Recommendations: 1080p DLSS Quality, 1440p, DLSS Balanced, 4K, DLSS Performance

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm at 20 hours now, and decided to look up the main mission names to see how much more I had. Apparently I'm only about halfway through. Kind of surprised. Felt like I was probably getting close to the end but I guess I've been doing more side stuff than I thought.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
How do you gain cold blood xp? The free perk points bfrom just leveling in it are good. But I've never gained anything in that one

Just put one point into the Cold Blood perk and when you kill enemies within 10 seconds of each other you'll gain XP.

• 1Like

Vorph

And here I thought I was losing my mind because the vast majority of settings had essentially 0 fps impact, and most of them were very hard to notice visually as well.

Also, Dynamic FidelityFX CAS works fine on my 5700XT. I'm not seeing the strange behavior there at all; it drops only as much as it needs to to maintain 60fps. That said, anything below 75% on the minimum slider looks like utter shit and I'd much rather just let Freesync clean up any drops into the 50's that I get.

Last edited:

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shameless stolen from another site.

Reasons why cyberpunk is lies like all games now.

- Backgrounds and All Character History Options are gone and condensed into 3
- Customization they lied about, though it looks to be similar in the reveal. IE: Static options, not many.
- Stats and Classless System the same
- Female V is obviously better. Characters Have been Downgraded
- UI is much the same.
- Takedowns are MUCH more simplified
- Consumables are MUCH more simplified
- No slow-mo mode in battle or active abilities similar besides hacks
- No one night stand.
- No major interactions with non-critical NPCs besides whoring.
- No Interactive Ads
- Gun stats got a rework.
- No Clothing Experience Modifiers
- 'Current Apartment' implies othe apartments. Nope.
- Crowds cut down, monorail and flying cars, no.
- NPCs don't take elevators or do a lot of interaction besides taking pictures
- 'Most believable city in an open world game to date' FUCKING. LOL.
- Seemed there used to be loyalty bonuses for shops
- Scanner only for gang affiliation, name. Not weaknesses or weak points. Level of scanner is not tied to what you can analyze.
- Illegal Cyberware? Nah.
- Car interior much more simplified
- Guns look like they used to have fire modes
- 'Actions influence open world experience' LOL NO.
- 'Preparation will be key' LOL NO.
- 'Dialogue system is fully gameplay driven' Err...kind of? If you consider stats, then yes. If you consider actions...LOL NO
- No 'Inspection' System or looking at items to solve quests. All replaced with pixel hunts and simplified Brain Dances.
- No Alt fire modes.
- Skills aren't linked to tasks, stats are. Minor change.
- 'Weapons are built from modules that allow for deep customization' LOL NO.
- Smart Gun looks way better
- Ricochet and see enemies through walls were cyber implants, not weapon stats.
- No hack takedown. No complex squad links. No wall jumping.
- 'Corpo weapons'. Not really, no. Only differences in weapons are rarity and damage.
- 'Scan revealed weak point earlier'. Nope.
- 'So many options, so many possibilities, will have consequences that will ripple through the game world' LOL NO.

• 2Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I had to stop playing it. The amount of bugs I've ran into have pretty much killed the desire to play more. I'm only a couple hours into it.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Apparently devs and other people related to the game are getting death threats. 😜 Spergs gonna sperg.

Then people in the comments double down with “you deserved this.”

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I may have broke the game. I found some legendary jacket that has a 3 legendary mods on it. 2x 60% crit increase and another mod that is a Crit =4x dmg modifier. I already have > 60% crit chance in addition to perks. All of these stack because there is not a single enemy I can't one shot now. Using Katana because of the perk that guarantees a crick in slomo when I dodge. I'll have to screen cap my stats but the result is like 400% crit damage and 5x crit modifier. So I hit for 70k+ damage with a 700 dps katana.

Even bosses die instantly.

• 9Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 11 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I think I may have broke the game. I found some legendary jacket that has a 3 legendary mods on it. 2x 60% crit increase and another mod that is a Crit =4x dmg modifier. I already have > 60% crit chance in addition to perks. All of these stack because there is not a single enemy I can't one shot now. Using Katana because of the perk that guarantees a crick in slomo when I dodge. I'll have to screen cap my stats but the result is like 400% crit damage and 5x crit modifier. So I hit for 70k+ damage with a 700 dps katana.

Even bosses die instantly.

Some guy on a YouTube video was pointing out how easy it is to hit 6-7k headshots within the first hour of the game or something. Seems pretty easy to gimp the game if you’re so inclined.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I legitimately found this by accident. I am not looking up builds or anything at all. I was teching into pistols/stealth for headshots as that is the playstyle I like. So I've been stacking crit chance and crit damage... Then I found this jacket and it broke it. I was quickhacking a lot but now there's no point. I should drop by quickhack OS for the slow time one.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I legitimately found this by accident. I am not looking up builds or anything at all. I was teching into pistols/stealth for headshots as that is the playstyle I like. So I've been stacking crit chance and crit damage... Then I found this jacket and it broke it. I was quickhacking a lot but now there's no point. I should drop by quickhack OS for the slow time one.
Ya I've found a few +15% crit chance hats and vests, still rocking them way late in the game as it's just too good to put down. Those with the head shot smart pistol are pretty lulzy even on Hard. The only problem is I'm still a pretty wet noodle and die really quickly as my armor is really low.

• 1Truth!

Vorph

Shameless stolen from another site.

Reasons why cyberpunk is lies like all games now.
Reminds me of the Witcher 3 "downgrade" posts. Yes, scope changes. Things get promised, especially by shitheads who work in Marketing, that will never be delivered. Other things get put into a game for demo reels, then someone finally realizes that no hardware on the planet will be able to handle it so it gets ripped out later.
- No slow-mo mode in battle
Wat. I mean, obviously some of the stuff is true, but I haven't finished the game so I can't say for sure whether other things listed are or not. Claiming there's no slo-mo makes me skeptical of how thoroughly that person played the game before venting though.

I had to stop playing it. The amount of bugs I've ran into have pretty much killed the desire to play more. I'm only a couple hours into it.
Console? I still can count on one hand the number of actual bugs I've come across, and still only two crashes in 50+ hours.

Ya I've found a few +15% crit chance hats and vests, still rocking them way late in the game as it's just too good to put down. Those with the head shot smart pistol are pretty lulzy even on Hard. The only problem is I'm still a pretty wet noodle and die really quickly as my armor is really low.
Yeah, there's definiltely a need for a balance pass on items. Legendaries can be silly, and I found a mask with a [non-removeable, but still] 15% CC mod in it very early on my first playthrough attempt. Seems pretty rare though, I haven't seen anything remotely close to that from random loot after restarting.

As for 'wet noodle' armor, just get the 200 armor cyberware. It's not even particularly expensive, and I haven't seen any other competition for that slot either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Not sure what you're talking about rows moving, I've never seen anything change as I click the boxes. It's a fairly simple mini-game that just alternates between columns and rows.

I'm surprised you are confused by this. Open a jack, look at the top row of 2-3 inputs. Input something that isn't right. As long as you have enough inputs left to complete the row, the required inputs will shift over one. Understanding this is critical if you ever want to complete all three rows.

Anyone else with a Zen 2 CPU tried the AMD "fix"?

Yes, it didn't raise my maximum FPS, but my 99% is higher and the game feels more consistently smooth.

Vorph

Ohhh, that. Yeah, sometimes the top row you have to start with doesn't have any of the inputs you need. Never really gave it that much thought beyond that. Increasing buffer size is what really affects how many datamines you can complete (also important once you have the upgrade to breach that makes it AOE, since you have to complete two different sets of inputs for that too).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Reminds me of the Witcher 3 "downgrade" posts. Yes, scope changes. Things get promised, especially by shitheads who work in Marketing, that will never be delivered. Other things get put into a game for demo reels, then someone finally realizes that no hardware on the planet will be able to handle it so it gets ripped out later.

Wat. I mean, obviously some of the stuff is true, but I haven't finished the game so I can't say for sure whether other things listed are or not. Claiming there's no slo-mo makes me skeptical of how thoroughly that person played the game before venting though.

Console? I still can count on one hand the number of actual bugs I've come across, and still only two crashes in 50+ hours.

Yeah, there's definiltely a need for a balance pass on items. Legendaries can be silly, and I found a mask with a [non-removeable, but still] 15% CC mod in it very early on my first playthrough attempt. Seems pretty rare though, I haven't seen anything remotely close to that from random loot after restarting.

As for 'wet noodle' armor, just get the 200 armor cyberware. It's not even particularly expensive, and I haven't seen any other competition for that slot either.
Triggerable slowmo requires a cyberware OS. Ripperdocs all sell different shit so you need to hunt it down.

Not surprising people aren't finding it.

PSA. Some enemies have an item that totally negates the ability to shoot them with smart weapons. Beware.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm at 20 hours now, and decided to look up the main mission names to see how much more I had. Apparently I'm only about halfway through. Kind of surprised. Felt like I was probably getting close to the end but I guess I've been doing more side stuff than I thought.

It's surprising to me what isn't part of the main story. Like Jackie's funeral stuff where you can get his motorcycle. Some of the "side" shit I've been doing seems really important.

• 1Like