Dark Souls 2

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I actually just started DS1 again for kicks. By this point the game is a bit clunky and dated but still holds up. I just forgot how much of a "fuck you" the game is though. God I hate Blight Town and then Sen's Fortress. Both zones are designed to kill you over and over and over again. Powered through them though and it took me about 3 tries to get through the archers from hell and I reached Orstein and Smough when I called it a day. I never did kill those two solo so I'm going to give it the old college try.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I actually just started DS1 again for kicks. By this point the game is a bit clunky and dated but still holds up. I just forgot how much of a "fuck you" the game is though. God I hate Blight Town and then Sen's Fortress. Both zones are designed to kill you over and over and over again. Powered through them though and it took me about 3 tries to get through the archers from hell and I reached Orstein and Smough when I called it a day. I never did kill those two solo so I'm going to give it the old college try.
The funny thing is, playing the PC version over the last few weeks, everywhere is a ghost town. I saw maybe a total of 3 summon signs, and all those failed to actually summon anyone. But the bonfire before Orstein and Smough had like 10 sunbros signs around it. I probably should've tried them solo, but I was so happy to finally see other people that I didn't consider it.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
5185303+_319efab1548c8e5db6f1ff388ddf02c0.gif

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I finally killed Ornstein and Smough solo which is a first for me. I did it the way God intended. Soul Arrowing their assess off while strafing around the pillars. It still took me a couple of attempts but I feel good that they're dead.

That fight has got to be the hardest one in the entire Souls series.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I finally killed Ornstein and Smough solo which is a first for me. I did it the way God intended. Soul Arrowing their assess off while strafing around the pillars. It still took me a couple of attempts but I feel good that they're dead.

That fight has got to be the hardest one in the entire Souls series.
I'll have to go back and try it solo. Even with another person it was far from trivial, but I beat them on the first attempt.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
From my experience doing bosses as a team is almost cheating. Even if you don't get carried most dark Souls 1/2 bosses/encounters are all about avoiding targeted damage and then countering. If one person can get aggro (or bounce between two people) and the other can do the damage it's a cake walk.

I actually avoid tag teaming bosses just for that reason (Plus a lot of times the person who helps you just carries you through it).

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NG+ four kings is harder than O&S solo, but its pretty close.

I don't mind the tag teaming as much as I did in prior games when I was more snobbish about soloing stuff. In DS1, at least, a fair number of the bosses were not significantly easier solo than with help like they are in DS2. And some of the DS2 fights are clearly made with at least one helper in mind (Medusa bitch, Persuer 1.0, Smelter, and Sinner 2.0) for the fight, usually with an NPC phantom as an option. When I did my second run through, I thought about trying to solo everything with the pure two handed character, but I really did not especially feel like spending hours on Smelter, so I said fuck it.

On the flip side, I really enjoyed helping people power farm zones and clear bosses. It was genuinely fun, if your builds differed, and good soul income.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The best way to kill the 2 archers in Anor Lando is using poisoned arrow. On my first few walk through I went through them super easily and one day I was stuck there and died about 15 times. Now I simply poison them.

I have been giving DS2 a second chance. I finished it about 2 times and I really didn't liked it much. I started with a simple self challenge and it was to play the game with the first weapon an enemy would drop and I got an estoc.

Not a bad weapon at all and I never really tried it before. I'm actually having some fun.

Elerion

N00b
The best way to kill the 2 archers in Anor Lando is to learn to parry
fixed

Unfortunately the best place in the game to learn to parry knights is directly after the archers, so for your first time through I'd recommend just tanking up and letting the bitch knock himself off the ledge by blocking/kicking.

Left archer can be completely ignored.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol bought ds1 off the steam sale, got to archers and did it fine the first time, BUT I Missed the bonfire and died. Took 20 more tries to get by those fucking archers. This fucking game is great(and brutal).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Going to try and start this game this weekend on PS3. Any tips/tricks I should worry about? I expect it to be brutal, and hard, but that's ok.

Should I look up story and wiki for DS1 so I know the story?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The story is completely separate. You understand the lore better but you really don't need to play the first to understand the second.