Dark Souls 2

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I took a little time leveling some stuff up and killed them on my next attempt. Now I'm fucking hating ghosts in New Londo.

I have to say that I've never felt so challenged in a game before. Dying is frustrating, but in a good way. Such a good game.

I feel bad every time I bump this up, but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys giving out advice. I really appreciate it.
If you're having trouble with the cursed doodads wearing off - you can just get cursed by the frogs in the sewers to be able to deal with the ghosts at all times. But it is better of course to get a feeling for their timer.

You won't want to be cursed when you eventually fight the Kings.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Currently getting raped by Ornstein and Smough. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. I've died like 5 times already with these fuckers.
If you are human, you can summon Solaire for help. His summon sign is on the platform below the archer. Downside is that you sort of need to clear the room first, if not he will aggro the mobs and fight them and maybe not even join you if you run for the boss room. Downside 2 is that you get invaded a lot there, usually while clearing out the room (be careful not to use all healing/offensive spells before boss). If you can get Solaire to join you, the fight becomes a lot easier.

EDIT: Nevermind, noticed you said you have beaten them now.

For New Londo, remember to look for the +15 blacksmith ember. It is available after you trigger the event there.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I typically kill Ornstein first if it's the first playthrough. Just get aggressive and take him down as quick as possible. The longer both of them are up, the harder it's going to get. For Smough, I would charge him and get close to get him to trigger his ground slam attack and then run away. I would always keep him at mid range to try and prevent his charges or jumps or whatever he did if you were at long range.

For the ghosts, buying one or two transient curses should be enough to get you rolling as the ghosts themselves seem to drop them fairly frequently. I typically would walk forward a bit until I triggered a ghost or two, then back up till I had drawn them out into the open. It's much easier to deal with them when the aren't hiding in the walls. There is one building near the end of the ghost section that is absolutely riddled with ghosts. I think I ran up to it and then hauled ass back along the path, which got most of the ghosts to line up. I did a couple charging slashes with my two-hander and took out whole piles of them pretty quickly.

Be aggressive and don't wait for them to walk right up to you as they will tend to do their grapple attack which hurts quite a bit.

Pulling enemies back into more open areas can make most of the difficult sections really easy.

For the tomb of the giants...
Equip the skull lantern you find in the pit that patches kicks you into. Having that in the off hand makes the whole place a million times easier. Getting that far can be a chore the first time though, so good luck there.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
For the tomb of the giants...
Equip the skull lantern you find in the pit that patches kicks you into. Having that in the off hand makes the whole place a million times easier. Getting that far can be a chore the first time though, so good luck there.
or
if you wait till you've met Dusk and just equip the light spell you can get from her so you don't have to give up the use of one of your hands.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
or
Sunlight Maggot helm from Demon Ruins / Lost Izalith

Which IMO is the best option

Vaclav

Tomb of Giants is easy as long as you're not going full melee. Stuff in there ranges soooooo easy.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm

Because Sony owns the rights to the Demon Souls IP, it's rumored Sony is already in development for Demon Souls 2. See the second video for discussion about it.

This guy also has done a lot of DaS lore videos, similar to what EpicNameBro did/does.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Thanks to whoever suggested getting a MadCatz XBox360 wired controller for computer play. That shit is tight and I scored a used one on eBay for $17.

In the Duke's archives in my first play through and lost about 30k souls to the unbeatable Sheath the Scaleless first encounter. Shit is wrong man.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tomb of giants, just buy the light spell in the AotA expansion and use that, that way you don't have to screw around with your armor.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
So I finally beat Gywn. The bastard killed me like 20 times. I had heard about the parry method, but pride and the fact that I sucked at parrying made me try to go toe to toe with him. Then I slowly learned how to parry. Now I'm staring NG+. I'm pretty broke, so is AotA worth buying?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You went through the whole game without learning how to parry? It's ridiculously overpowered.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You went through the whole game without learning how to parry? It's ridiculously overpowered.
It's also absolutely unnecessary considering how easy it is to backstab. That's why I'm glad in DS2 they're nerfing backstabs, people should learn how to parry or work hard to backstab depending on their style, in DS1 it's pretty much pointless to parry besides speeding up certain mobs and the last boss.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Buy the DLC simply for the Artorias and Manus fights. Puts every other fight to shame (minus Smough first). Also fuck cutting that stupid dragon's tail off.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Heh, I gave up on the dragon trail. That fucker was such a pain.

And yea, I think I parried maybe 2 things the entire game up until Gwyn, and both of them were early black knights iirc. There just wasn't much reason to given how much safer a 100% physical shield was to just block > counter attack everything. Had to parry to beat Gwyn though as I was running mostly dex and couldn't use a greatshield to try and soak his attacks.

Vorph

Cutting the tail is a bitch, but it does give you what I'd say is easily the best weapon in the game.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I did sword-and-board most of the game, actually learned how to do some fights that everyone and their uncle tells you to just dps through. Resistance rings and gear can trump a lot of damage on the right fights.

I finally learned how to parry for Gwyn by using the Black Knights before him as the tough practice partners. Parry made that fight against him super easy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I looked at the stats on his tail sword and it seems pretty good, but I don't have near the str to use it 1h and going the 2h route for pve never seemed very effective to me.

Trying to cut it off on ng+ is probably going to be...interesting, though.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Cutting the tail is a bitch, but it does give you what I'd say is easily the best weapon in the game.
Are you talking about Manus? Thought you couldn't cut off his tail... What weapon are you talking about?