Dark Souls 3

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think any of the bosses so far are harder/easier than other Soul games but some of the normal mobs/Mini-bosses are insane. Tons of 300 degree attacks, high poise, and just super agro enemies that have 4-6 hit move sets.

These guys in particular can go fuck themselves.
rrr_img_131679.jpg
Those guys are easy with a straight sword you just have to time a Charged strong thrust to catch them right when they are about to launch their attack and then the follow-ups wings finish them off. It's the witches with the Flaming pikis that are mixed in with the other shit that's the real rape in that area.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Dark souls 2 had that problem as well. You get the flame long sword early on and that carried you through the second boss, where you get Drangleic sword and you're basically done.

Same thing with Bloodbourne to a lesser extent. Once you got Ludwigs, you were done. Time to just upgrade it all the way.

It is a design flaw that bothers me with these games.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
2Hers are not garbage. They all give you extra range, are more likely to break blocks and stagger more enemies than 1handers. Also, plenty of them do more than enough damage to beat the game easily. Of the two that I used, both +10, the Exiled greatsword does beastly damage and the Zweihander throws enemies around with a hilariously large arc.
Sorry. To clarify, to me they are garbage. Just got the exiled one and gonna try it

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those guys are easy with a straight sword you just have to time a Charged strong thrust to catch them right when they are about to launch their attack and then the follow-ups wings finish them off. It's the witches with the Flaming pikis that are mixed in with the other shit that's the real rape in that area.
At least neither of them have significant poise...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I found the pontiffs and witch knights easy because you can just run up to them and spam R1 like 5 or 6 times and they die without fighting back. It's the upgraded lothric knight enemies in the castle and especially those two assholes with UGS at the back of the garden that really gave me trouble.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
3 golden winged knights on top of archives too. Embarrassing how long it took me to realize I could split them up lulz

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Realistically 90% of the game can be beaten handily with an upgraded straight sword and a bow, it's just kind of boring that one of the first major weapons you get ends up being the hands-down best in the game 4 the non player-vs-player stuff anyhow. The frostbite sword you get early on has basically been the weapon that wins every fight for me I'm just tired of using it and would like to use some of these other cool looking weapons with other movesets for a change. I love this game a lot but the weapon balance issues and Camera stuff are the two major negatives it has.
Gumby aka Bumper Car phantoms and blue sents for me gotta be top issues

Going to start a new game as a sorcerer, wish me luck!

i bless your path... 35int 20dex + sage ring bruh

khalid

Unelected Mod
Going to start a new game as a sorcerer, wish me luck!
I'm about to beat the game again as a sorc. Enjoying it for the change of pace. Use sword for trash, spells for hard enemies and sometimes on bosses. Found a thread with a bunch of helpful info here.

Fextralife Information

Using Dark Sword (gets to S scaling on int at +10). Only significant problem I had on this playthrough (again) was Aldrich. I did fuckall damage to him. Finally said fuck it, killed dancer, got my sword to +10 and wrecked him.

ps: Sucks ass to farm for dark sword.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Also, pro tip: You can upgrade your staves and it buffs their spell damage. I totally didn't get to Irithyll dungeon before I figured that out. Nope, not at all.
frown.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Dark souls 2 had that problem as well. You get the flame long sword early on and that carried you through the second boss, where you get Drangleic sword and you're basically done.

Same thing with Bloodbourne to a lesser extent. Once you got Ludwigs, you were done. Time to just upgrade it all the way.

It is a design flaw that bothers me with these games.
Why didn't you just use the weapon you wanted to use instead of the best weapon?

I played Bloodborne with the stake driver the entire way through from the moment I got it. My BB experience was probably MUCH different from y'alls.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm up to Dancer. Here are some of my thoughts:

The game is very aggressive. Much more than DS1 and DS2 but not as bad as Bloodborne. But there are fights where it seems like I'm blocking and dodging for a good 5 minutes before getting a chance to retaliate or heal up. I think they could have toned down the aggression slightly just to make the game more interactive.

Grab attacks that kill you in one shot still suck. They were lame in previous games and they're still lame here. If I'm at full health and am half a second off a dodge it's not fun dying to a grab attack.

Mimics... In previous games you assume every chest might be a Mimic. In DS3 every chest IS a Mimic.

Vaclav

Grab attacks that kill you in one shot still suck. They were lame in previous games and they're still lame here. If I'm at full health and am half a second off a dodge it's not fun dying to a grab attack.

Mimics... In previous games you assume every chest might be a Mimic. In DS3 every chest IS a Mimic.
On grabs - once I had enough Vit I don't think there was a single instant kill one - definitely felt that way on my initial run through (when I was running base Vit only) however - but pumping it some + Ember mode/etc definitely made every attack I've seen survivable at lease once. (In NG - no NG+ experience yet)

And on Mimics there was that breeding experiment in DS2 remember, apparently it worked very well. LOL.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Why didn't you just use the weapon you wanted to use instead of the best weapon?

I played Bloodborne with the stake driver the entire way through from the moment I got it. My BB experience was probably MUCH different from y'alls.
Because the best weapon is the weapon that works best.

Obviously!

Vorph

Vig to 27 was one of the first things I raised, and with 1000hp no grab attack is an instant kill. Not even the final boss.

It's weird, there's a ton of them early on, and then gradually more and more chests are just chests. You can see them breathing anyway, or just look at the chain attached to the right side. If it's coiled up, it's not a mimic.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I beat the game last night. Knight type class. Great game. I really enjoyed everything in game and got most of what I wanted with only a few exceptions (npcs that didn't make it). Got the "king" ending which was cool although I felt the ending cut scene could of been 3x as long. I mean wtf the game is pretty ball breaking you can at least spend more than 15 seconds on the end game cut scene you cheap cock suckers.

Game felt rushed at the end for sure. Can't deny that. Little disappointing but otherwise great game.

Anyay, going to play again as a caster type. Not sure if I want to go NG+ or not but with how weak NG+ looks right now I don't think it's worth it as the early parts are so out of whack with a high level character.