Dauntless - Co-op Action RPG - Ex Bioware devs

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, started watching some of the videos that Arekkz guy made for Monster Hunter World, and -that- game looks amazing. I've never played any of the MH series, but I think I'll be buying MHW when it comes out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey look at it this way - when you pay $59 you'll get an actual game to boot!

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Game seems really empty, combat could be fun... but the gameworld just needs to look more alive, and also more to it than just big mobs.
Having never played a monster hunter game before, that was one of my concerns.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Anyone talking bad about MH can die in a fire, but I don't think anyone here was doing such a thing.

I'll probably login today and play a bit, but I bought this before MHW was announced which definitely took the wind out of Dauntless sails. Plus that new MHW video that was just released gots me jonesing.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think there's a niche of co-op boss slayer that could be successful, however the devil will be in the details. Definitely better than another fucking MOBA or a survival shooter.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I think there's a niche of co-op boss slayer that could be successful, however the devil will be in the details. Definitely better than another fucking MOBA or a survival shooter.

Dauntless would probably be great if MHW wasn't coming out. Just not sure there is room for two when MH is a game known for having hundreds of hours of content. Plus with how Fortnite was recently received as P2W, Dauntless is heading down the same path with their monthly cost to get more drops.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After watching some streams today this definitely looks to be fun, still not gonna pay to play tho.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Played in the tech alpha, it's interesting for about the first 3 mobs? After that it becomes grinding real fast. There are quests, but it's always "Go here, slay this behemoth!" and "Find me X number of bear asses."

It does have a story, but a very small story. I tried bugging it, but oh well. Not something that I would pay to be in their alpha for, or their beta.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Played in the tech alpha, it's interesting for about the first 3 mobs? After that it becomes grinding real fast. There are quests, but it's always "Go here, slay this behemoth!" and "Find me X number of bear asses."

It does have a story, but a very small story. I tried bugging it, but oh well. Not something that I would pay to be in their alpha for, or their beta.

Is the NDA gone?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It better be, they've released the game. You can watch streams of it.

I believe that you can "buy" your way into the alpha for now, and then the beta in about week? I think?

It's just crazy that this is where this has taken us. Pretty soon it'll be, "I have an idea. Pay me 99.99 and I'll tell it to you."

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It better be, they've released the game. You can watch streams of it.

I believe that you can "buy" your way into the alpha for now, and then the beta in about week? I think?

It's just crazy that this is where this has taken us. Pretty soon it'll be, "I have an idea. Pay me 99.99 and I'll tell it to you."
cough starcitizen /cough

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea so I got into tech alpha.

It was pretty boring to be honest. The combat wasn't really 'new', it was just 3d action combat style. The big problem is, I don't mind the concept of the 'giant boss fight' but it gets pretty eh in between because there's no mobs to crush into pieces with your powers/weapons/etc.

Also, each map is like... run around for a while then find a flare through a tree canopy and run around the map to try and find your group.

It feels like if D3 released only with a a group to farm pieces for hellfire necklaces.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
cough starcitizen /cough

Yah, that's true. But at least they've shown off some serious gameplay. No telling if it was just all scripted and then well acted by Chris Roberts yet.

But fuck, who knows? That could become my biggest fuckup story outta all of them, just due to the amount of money that was invested. Bigger than than Brad McQuaid, bigger than ME:A -- The Quest for Autism, bigger than Destiny : Live Long And Wonder Where The Story Went.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Obviously there is a ton of QoL things needing to be done and the UI is terrible, but its Alpha/Beta. I think the main thing that makes the game lackluster for me is the maps are so empty. Maybe because its one big map and not broken up like Monster Hunter, but it just feels like vast areas of wasted space. Even MH:W videos seem like they have a lot more going on.

The monster fights are pretty fun so far, I just don't know if the content will be there unless they have an extended beta.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Just got a CBT invite for this. Here's to hoping it isn't diggity dog shit. I've never played MH so I'll try to get done game time in this weekend and see how it is

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Considering Riot makes an inferior product and Bioware (at their peak) always got one-upped by unfinished Obsidian games; is anyone surprised this is a game floundering in a niche with a bigger rival?