Decided to open up an EQMAC-esque server (POP locked)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Make it happen, Secrets!
It's happening. The PEQMac people that are making an open-source preservation project of Al`Kabor, aptly named "The Al'Kabor Project", have a website set up. I'll post a topic about it when the site is more complete.

The guild Destiny seems to have a lot of people interested in playing on it.

We're ingame running around with the intel mac client right now, so it's a matter of when, not if for the client now.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
It's happening. The PEQMac people that are making an open-source preservation project of Al`Kabor, aptly named "The Al'Kabor Project", have a website set up. I'll post a topic about it when the site is more complete.

The guild Destiny seems to have a lot of people interested in playing on it.

We're ingame running around with the intel mac client right now, so it's a matter of when, not if for the client now.
I imagine distributing the OS X game client may prove difficult?

I would think that most folks deleted the old app when SOE shut it down.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I imagine distributing the OS X game client may prove difficult?

I would think that most folks deleted the old app when SOE shut it down.
I don't think it will prove too difficult, I'm pretty sure there are more copies of Titanium in existence than there were actual boxsets made of titanium.

Not to mention we'll be supporting the EQMac Windows Hack that myself and eqmule made. Specifically, we'll be supporting the one eqmule made because it's better.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it will prove too difficult, I'm pretty sure there are more copies of Titanium in existence than there were actual boxsets made of titanium.

Not to mention we'll be supporting the EQMac Windows Hack that myself and eqmule made. Specifically, we'll be supporting the one eqmule made because it's better.
The OS X client was never sold in boxes, to my knowledge.

Mac players play a PC hacked client to play on a server designed to run on Macs, what?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
God dammit I deleted my mac client last week
frown.png

Edit - scratch that, I still have it in it's original location from before they moved it.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The OS X client was never sold in boxes, to my knowledge.

Mac players play a PC hacked client to play on a server designed to run on Macs, what?
The point I was making is there's a lot of people that torrented Titanium, and it would be relatively easy to set up a torrent with the Mac client.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
No its listed on the Emu server list. Says zero players and I can't connect. Didn't realize it was invite only by their website.

I'm very confused atm. They list two different websites.

http://eqmac-emu.yolasite.com/

http://www.takproject.net/phpbb/index.php

Are these both for the same server? I just assumed that this thread was about the first link and not the second. The first link says nothing about needing an invite.
They are two different websites. I believe the first one you posted is shut down already.

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
They are two different websites. I believe the first one you posted is shut down already.
It's not shutdown, it was down for a few days while I updated hardware; it's a stand-alone server that is up for anyone to mess around on. I also renamed it Firiona-Vie so it's not in conflict with the other project,

Sandbox life.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
From what I am reading neither of the servers are going with IP restrictions. That kinda sucks. It almost seems like boxing is required on any EMU that isn't P1999.