Defiance (Syfy April 2013) TV Series and MMO

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol wtf? Defiance is going all Game of Thrones tonight.
I was thinking the same. Shit got real last night. Curious where they go next season with E-rep being in charge of the town I am guessing it is going to be about nolan/amanada/the mine owner guy getting the town to organize a resistance and kick out the E-rep.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Did they ever fix the stasis shield? I noticed they mentioned one episode (maybe the one with razor rain) that the town was vulnerable since it had been taken down, and I thought, WTF, why hasn't that been top priority?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they ever fix the stasis shield? I noticed they mentioned one episode (maybe the one with razor rain) that the town was vulnerable since it had been taken down, and I thought, WTF, why hasn't that been top priority?
I think it is a priority just that they simply have no access to the tech needed to reerect the shield at this time. What they had was scavenged from an arc and they would need to find a similar one to put the shield back up. They basically got lucky to have it in the first place and probably won't be getting it back.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the last episode all except the part where Nolan Just revives. It is presumed his coming back had to do with tough girl taking the swan dive, but it would have been a lot nicer if they would have connected that a little more. Show a light emanate from the ground, little wires go in and repair him, or just show something. Him just suddenly coming back seemed a bit odd.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Let me write the first few episodes of Season 2 for y'all:

Premiere starts with E-reps in control of Defiance, Datak and Stahma are under arrest and pending summary execution and things look grim. At least one if not a couple of hours of token resistance fighting from various members of the townsfolk trying to rescue (reluctantly) Datak and Stahma along with the Mayor finding out about her dead sister. The resistance has taken up residence in the ruins of St Louis underground and is fighting a losing battle against the military forces of the Earth Republic. The Heroes look to be royally fucked and about to all be killed by evil bitch queen Erep ambassador when...

EARTHQUAKE!! The ground shakes all over the area, the arch even gets a significant crack in it and everyone is looking around confused. Suddenly a massive Votan-esque but not necessarily Indogene looking ship bursts out of the mountain. Irisa is back and she is in command of the 4000 year old mega ship and tells the Ereps to go fuck themselves. They try to hold Nolan etc hostage and get eradicated instantly before the remainder of their forces run. The ship hovers over the Arch and Irisa declares Defiance to be under her protection.

Rest of season involves the characters trying to figure out what exactly the super ship is, how it got to earth thousands of years before the fleet and why. Oh and the ship starts to communicate with everyone through a hologram interface that just so happens to take the physical form of the Mayor's dead sister. By the end of the season we learn that most of Native American spirituality actually stems from Irathient mysticism and that Native Americans like the Macaully family are actually descended from Irathients many many generations removed. Turns out humanity and the Votans are more interconnected than either of them thought...

Cybsled

Given how close Irahian spirituality is to Native American spirituality, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some strong connection there.

satael

Silver Squire
Let me write the first few episodes of Season 2 for y'all:

Premiere starts with E-reps in control of Defiance, Datak and Stahma are under arrest and pending summary execution and things look grim. At least one if not a couple of hours of token resistance fighting from various members of the townsfolk trying to rescue (reluctantly) Datak and Stahma along with the Mayor finding out about her dead sister. The resistance has taken up residence in the ruins of St Louis underground and is fighting a losing battle against the military forces of the Earth Republic. The Heroes look to be royally fucked and about to all be killed by evil bitch queen Erep ambassador when...

EARTHQUAKE!! The ground shakes all over the area, the arch even gets a significant crack in it and everyone is looking around confused. Suddenly a massive Votan-esque but not necessarily Indogene looking ship bursts out of the mountain. Irisa is back and she is in command of the 4000 year old mega ship and tells the Ereps to go fuck themselves. They try to hold Nolan etc hostage and get eradicated instantly before the remainder of their forces run. The ship hovers over the Arch and Irisa declares Defiance to be under her protection.

Rest of season involves the characters trying to figure out what exactly the super ship is, how it got to earth thousands of years before the fleet and why. Oh and the ship starts to communicate with everyone through a hologram interface that just so happens to take the physical form of the Mayor's dead sister. By the end of the season we learn that most of Native American spirituality actually stems from Irathient mysticism and that Native Americans like the Macaully family are actually descended from Irathients many many generations removed. Turns out humanity and the Votans are more interconnected than either of them thought...
Or they do the normal (unfortunate) thing for scifi shows and use the ship as a deus ex machina to get rid of the e-rep in the first (and maybe the second) episode of the season and then it gets destroyed/vanishes and they forget about it for the rest of the series.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay this series started out pretty bad. But I think it is quite good now. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out since the Irathient having crazy technology is a little out of touch with their lore. But whatever.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Or they do the normal (unfortunate) thing for scifi shows and use the ship as a deus ex machina to get rid of the e-rep in the first (and maybe the second) episode of the season and then it gets destroyed/vanishes and they forget about it for the rest of the series.
I was thinking they would pop out with the ship who would then use one of it's "extremely powerful butfewremaining charges" to wipe out the EREPs and then the rest of the season is IRISA fighting with the god/vision/whatever thing that wants her to use a charge to kill everyone or some specific but horrific act but eventually her connection to Nolan will be the winning factor.

If they had kept Nolan dead they would have went up +10 in my eyes for boldness and creativity. More TV shows need to learn from GRRM.

Cybsled

Killing Nolan would have been bold, but very risky. Unfortunately they really don't have other characters that could help headline the show as a main hero-type character beyond Irisa, but in order to do the Destroyer storyline they would need some better emotional foil for her to interact with (Sorry Tommy, you just don't cut it yet!).

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Killing Nolan would have been bold, but very risky. Unfortunately they really don't have other characters that could help headline the show as a main hero-type character beyond Irisa, but in order to do the Destroyer storyline they would need some better emotional foil for her to interact with (Sorry Tommy, you just don't cut it yet!).
Tommy doesn't cut it yet but they could have spent an entire season building the relationship.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, it was ok up until Nolan died then just a clusterfuck of stupid afterwards. He should've stayed dead and all the scenes after shouldn't have looked like they were filmed in front of a blue screen two hours before wrap.

Start off next season with Irisa and Amanda as the main characters.

Overall, yea it got better but that's not saying much given the point it started at.