Defiance

Seventh

Golden Squire
I just picked this up yesterday. I'm actually digging it quite a bit. I'm playing on 360 so I just turned all the social shit off. For us old guys (eg: no time to devote to a "real" MMO anymore) I think it's pretty cool. I can log in for a couple hours, shoot some stuff, log back out.

Most of what I'd say has already been covered, but on the odd chance someone is considering picking this up, for 60 bucks it's (imo) not a bad way to kill some time. I'm at ego 120 after maybe 8 hours or so and just starting to get the hang of it. If I get 20-30 hours out of a game these days I consider it money well spent.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Worth picking up for $24 bucks? GMG has it for PC for $24. I could enjoy a decent FPS MMO if that's what this is. I haven't really followed it all. I heard it sucked in beta/launch, but wondering if they patched it up a bit. The F2P makes me curious.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's behind the shoulder (think mass effect). It was fun for what it was, didn't regret paying $60 for it.

Worth picking up for $24 bucks? GMG has it for PC for $24. I could enjoy a decent FPS MMO if that's what this is. I haven't really followed it all. I heard it sucked in beta/launch, but wondering if they patched it up a bit. The F2P makes me curious.
Green man Gaming has it for 29$

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh, its not a bad game. I enjoyed it. I got a key for like $40 from some Chinese site and I thought it was worth every penny. The bad part is the severe lack of content after you complete all of it, which I did in a month of casually playing. Also, some of the shit gets repetitive. Like the public quests which there was like only 2-3 variations of them.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Bored and want to support a shitty throw away game? Buy it. I got all I needed after about 8 hours of beta.

Some questions please mates.
So I am bored to tears atm.

I know its Buy to play, but don't you have to buy the season pass really as well if you want more content?
Has the chat UI or graphics been fixed for the pc version?
Anyone have a clue how soon till this drops to fully FTP model?

I just don't want to waste 39$ and then uninstall it 2 hours later or less if its still like the beta.

Cheers.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You'll either install it after 20 minutes, or you'll end up playing for 10-12 hours.

$40 seems too expensive. This feels like a $20 game to me.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Some questions please mates.
So I am bored to tears atm.

I know its Buy to play, but don't you have to buy the season pass really as well if you want more content?
Has the chat UI or graphics been fixed for the pc version?
Anyone have a clue how soon till this drops to fully FTP model?

I just don't want to waste 39$ and then uninstall it 2 hours later or less if its still like the beta.

Cheers.
How bored are you? Like really, really, really, really, really bored? If so, go ahead and buy this game will the full knowledge that if you go into it expecting anything that resembles an actual rpg, or mmorpg, you WILL have buyers remorse. Either after 20 minutes or 10-12 hours as Draegan said. Have you played Borderlands 2? If not, buy that and play it online instead.

satael

Silver Squire
I think it's telling that they haven't released any of the dlc they promised (they did pre-sell the season pass which is supposed to contain 5 dlcs I think) yet...

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I picked this up for $20 the other day during the greenmangaming sale for the PC.

It felt pretty refreshing to hop into a game and be able to play right off the bat. Pretty simple game but it kept me amused for a few hours. I don't feel like my $20 was wasted. I had fun running around to different arkfall events and playing through some co-op missions. Blasting away at the critical spots on the big monsters with a LMG was satisfying.

Easiest way to sum this up is its hybrid of Planetside and Rift.

Nice change of pace from 25m heroic raiding in WoW. Turn off brain, pick up gun, shoot shit.