Desktop Computers

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Meh not bad but you’d have been better off not getting strix and instead getting 13900k, faster ram, and whatever else was corner cut to get that gpu. Also if you’re not pushing a 4k monitor you’d have been better off with a 7900xtx at 1080 or 1440p.

I went from strix to xtx and at 1440p I have no differences. Keep in mind I haven’t read beyond this page either and I won’t till after GOG movie.

This the pc partpicker list:

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair HX1200 Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX

Came in around $3500.

Now I just need to sell the 2021 build with the 3080. Any takers!?

Answer Me Canadian GIF by CBC

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This the pc partpicker list:

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair HX1200 Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX

Came in around $3500.

Now I just need to sell the 2021 build with the 3080. Any takers!?

Answer Me Canadian GIF by CBC
Everyones build being roughly the same makes me laugh. I doubt there is a noticeable difference in anything I do with the 13900 over your 13700 - considering the 13900 still has just 8 P cores. You did one up me on the motherboard though - I just couldnt justify getting more than the Aorus counterpart for 250 because I just dont need that much expandability and I barely plug in any peripherals.

Its a nice build though and yours should stay a lot cooler than mine without the 13900, lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

I use this as well, have been since its release, havent had any issues with it since i set it up.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Everyones build being roughly the same makes me laugh. I doubt there is a noticeable difference in anything I do with the 13900 over your 13700 - considering the 13900 still has just 8 P cores. You did one up me on the motherboard though - I just couldnt justify getting more than the Aorus counterpart for 250 because I just dont need that much expandability and I barely plug in any peripherals.

Its a nice build though and yours should stay a lot cooler than mine without the 13900, lol.
Its the principle tho! 4090 - z790 - Tho id have gone with an 7200-8000 kit myself but dropped a good load and...

13700k - its just so out of place!

• 1Worf

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lol its all good man - TBH im always just pleased seeing others who like to build - Building rigs is just so fuckin therapeutic to me that i can literally just do that shit all day long.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Lol it’s all good man - TBH im always just pleased seeing others who like to build - Building rigs is just so fuckin therapeutic to me that i can literally just do that shit all day long.

Yeah it’s fun. I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Although it did take me FOREVER to figure out the fan orientation. And I was genuinely shocked when it turned on the first time I tried it, lol.

But now that I’ve got one under my belt again I kinda wanna do another one.

• 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I also honestly enjoy building PC's, and wouldn't mind building them for friends and stuff on a regular basis. I'd do it myself more often, but I just can't justify it, and I can't be hassled to sell the old ones.

Daidraco

Building another system and having a hiccup in my know-how with the power cables of this PSU. My 4090 has multiple PCIe cables going into the harness that consolidates them down into the smaller plug for the video card. However, this Corsair RM1000e power supply comes with a Type 4 cable thats got the PSU direct to GPU cable that'll go into a 4080.

I cant seem to find a straight answer on, well, the wattage output from this "type" of cable? Especially when I see graphs/scales that seem to say on the Corsair website that the PSU is a great match for the Graphics card, but says fuck all about the cables needed? Idk - this newer shit is getting a bit annoying when it comes to someone like myself that just builds them 2-3 times a year for people.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Building another system and having a hiccup in my know-how with the power cables of this PSU. My 4090 has multiple PCIe cables going into the harness that consolidates them down into the smaller plug for the video card. However, this Corsair RM1000e power supply comes with a Type 4 cable thats got the PSU direct to GPU cable that'll go into a 4080.

I cant seem to find a straight answer on, well, the wattage output from this "type" of cable? Especially when I see graphs/scales that seem to say on the Corsair website that the PSU is a great match for the Graphics card, but says fuck all about the cables needed? Idk - this newer shit is getting a bit annoying when it comes to someone like myself that just builds them 2-3 times a year for people.
It's got a 12+4 pin cable?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's not really a good PSU btw, it's got an 80 Plus rating, doesn't even have a metallic rating.

• 1Moron

Daidraco

It's got a 12+4 pin cable?
This says its a PCIe 5 12+4 - but it says Type 4 on the cable itself? (unless Im confused about the type 4 written on it, and the "PCIe 5" written there.
Connectors.jpg

That's not really a good PSU btw, it's got an 80 Plus rating, doesn't even have a metallic rating.
I didnt buy these parts, just assembling them for a friend.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This says its a PCIe 5 12+4 - but it says Type 4 on the cable itself? (unless Im confused about the type 4 written on it, and the "PCIe 5" written there.
View attachment 473924

I didnt buy these parts, just assembling them for a friend.
Type 4 (or Type 5 in the picture above) is a Corsair designation for their PSU cable end connector type and pin out. Type 4 is the normal size connectors for them, Type 5 is what they're using on the Shift series are are smaller connectors on the PSU side.

PCIe 5 is the 12+4 GPU connector standard (12 power/ground pins + 4 sense ground pins, the tiny ones in a row on the connector).

Just use the PCIe 5 connector from the power supply, you'll be fine.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Type 4 (or Type 5 in the picture above) is a Corsair designation for their PSU cable end connector type and pin out. Type 4 is the normal size connectors for them, Type 5 is what they're using on the Shift series are are smaller connectors on the PSU side.

PCIe 5 is the 12+4 GPU connector standard (12 power/ground pins + 4 sense ground pins, the tiny ones in a row on the connector).

Just use the PCIe 5 connector from the power supply, you'll be fine.
Thank you - you wouldnt believe how hard it is to look for someone saying just what you said.

Daidraco

undervalued imo
Lot of people are going to be questioning the validity of what comes out of there as soon as it happens.

But hell, congrats Linus. I figured he was rolling in plenty of money when he was scammed out of 100k liquid cash and his content didnt miss a beat. Im sure he never imagined all the way back, working at microcenter(?) that he would walk away from his hobby a multimillionaire.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
he was offered that, didn't sell it. He stepped down as CEO and hired a guy to replace him so he could focus on content creation.