Desktop Computers

Stillborn_sl

shitlord

Dom_sl

shitlord
I ended up ordering a 7950. I really didn't want to go with ATI due to the hassle that my 5870 has given me over the years, but it was too hard to pass up the ridiculously good game bundle they have now, an extra gig of ram on it, and better overclocking than the 660 TI.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you have a Micro Center near you, they have the i5 3570K for $169. Thats a sweet ass price for a sweet ass proc! And $40 off any compatible motherboard.

rrr_img_24931.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also I dont know what problems your ATI5850 gave you but mine has been running as smooth as butter since I got it. Pretty much still runs all the games I thow at it, paired up with a i5 2500K

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If you have a Micro Center near you, they have the i5 3570K for $169. Thats a sweet ass price for a sweet ass proc! And $40 off any compatible motherboard.
That's a good deal, Microcenter hasn't had them that cheap since around Black Friday last year when I snagged mine. Been keeping an eye on them for a friend.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah youre basically getting $100 off if you were to buy the proc and the mo-bo from newegg. Thats money you can now put into a better gfx card.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Same price as newegg for the most part.

Last time I was there buying my latest rig, they had the ASROCK Z77 pro4 for $99 (Usually $135ish) so I ended up getting it for $59.99 along with the i5 3570K. So they do have good deals, its not like they overprice their shit for the sales.

Here is the receipt....

rrr_img_24932.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not sure how you drink the cherry mio, bleh. Green Thunder or whatever the fuck it is for life. Not bad prices, might check it out since I need a new desktop.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Also I dont know what problems your ATI5850 gave you but mine has been running as smooth as butter since I got it. Pretty much still runs all the games I thow at it, paired up with a i5 2500K
I had the card 2 days after they introduced the series, so I had to go through ATI's bullshit with their drivers, which are bad enough a year after a product's release, let alone within the first few months. There were issues with freezing stuttering, flash problems, recovery resets etc... and it went on for a few months. The card itself is fine, but I told myself I'd never buy ATI again. So much for that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have that same SSD and it's absolutely awesome. Replaced a 5400RPM drive in my laptop, can't even imagine how quick that SSD is. Can never go back, ever.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what monitors he's using there but I plan to do a similar setup with my 27" and 2 x 15" notebook screens. I know 30" with 2 x 20" 4:3 works as well. Just google PLP monitor setups.

Will look something like this

goVu5LLs.jpg

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Question for you PC gurus. I was downloading the latest Nvidia drivers and I started up Diablo 3. Soon as I when to the login screen my monitor went black. I restarted my PC and I can hear my PC boot to windows desktop but my screen is black. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my 3D card, disconnected/reconnected the monitor, switch out the power cords to the monitor and I still get a black screen. My video card died right? If so that really sucks cause it's about a year old card.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That happened to me a few weeks back with me 7970, the dreaded black screen of death. Try seeing if you have no driver if can you boot into windows with visual or not.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
The video card isn't dead if you can see the boot up sequence / bios. If it works in bios, try safe mode and/or a linux live cd/usb (ubuntu). If it doesn't, try to get another monitor / video card to figure out which one is broken.