Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Cross save now confirmed for all platforms. Kinda wonder if there was some last minute scrambling there since the embargoed press like the Engadget article above said no PS4.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, PC made this game 200% better. All of you xboners should try this on PC. Running this shit at 150 frames with better graphics and 105FOV is a wonder to behold. It was already the smootheest shooter on the consoles by far, but the PC version jsut made it so much better.
It runs so good on PC. I don't know the fuck I even played the original Destiny on PS4.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So Stadia is it's own platform? Or what does cross saves mean? Play a shit ton on stadia? Save it. Come back and play that same character on steam?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It runs so good on PC. I don't know the fuck I even played the original Destiny on PS4.
I will admit, this game has the best performance of any online FPS I've ever played.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
So Stadia is it's own platform? Or what does cross saves mean? Play a shit ton on stadia? Save it. Come back and play that same character on steam?

Yeah, play on whatever platform, stop, continue playing on another. Don't even need to sync saves, since it's all server side for Destiny iirc, it's really just account sync.

Stadia is essentially like pulling up YouTube but being able to control it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So it seems by the stream they are making this into sort of WOW type model in that they will just keep updating D2, which is really cool IMO.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
New light seems really awesome. totally free base shit from year one that anyone can play for free. Then you upgrade exp starting at forsaken and on. You also start at 750 power, so you can play with current players and do current content if you want.

So essentially they are giving peopel a free way to get into the game and play with friends that already own it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New light seems really awesome. totally free base shit from year one that anyone can play for free. Then you upgrade exp starting at forsaken and on. You also start at 750 power, so you can play with current players and do current content if you want.

So essentially they are giving peopel a free way to get into the game and play with friends that already own it.
Are they? Giving away old content, even if it places you at current light level still blocks you from playing current content, unless you spend $60 for Forsaken+Season Pass, then pay for Shadowkeep+Season Pass. This New Light is a good idea to expose potential players, but its nothing amazing for the player since they'll have to pay $$$ to be current.

Edit: They still don't understand the population disparity between PvE and PvP. They are adding in a modding system which will allow more freedom in creating builds, but then say they want to reinvigorate the Crucible. Freedom of making builds, but only if builds are balanced for PvP... nice.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well they are not gonna give it all away, right? Still its a cool way to get new people to play the game. There is TONS of content there to play through and tons of weapons to collect. Even if you just stay f2p. Were talking vanilla , osiris and warmind dlc, plus all strikes, crucible and gambit. thats 100 hrs of content easy if not more.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well they are not gonna give it all away, right? Still its a cool way to get new people to play the game. There is TONS of content there to play through and tons of weapons to collect. Even if you just stay f2p. Were talking vanilla , osiris and warmind dlc, plus all strikes, crucible and gambit. thats 100 hrs of content easy if not more.
Yea, its not a bad thing, just not amazing. To me it all depends on what will actually be available, which they didn't (as far as I saw) explicitly say what was / wasn't included. Like where is the content cutoff point? This new system will probably be good for me, as I lost all interest in Destiny after Forsaken since I didn't think their seasonl dlc's were worth paying for, so letting me come back whenever I want and purchase some current "season" might be good.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
To me it all depends on what will actually be available, which they didn't (as far as I saw) explicitly say what was / wasn't included. Like where is the content cutoff point?
Base game, Osiris and Warmind free. Forsaken + y2 dlc (black armory, prime, Opulence) not free. Y3 will allow purchase and starting at 750 without owning Forsaken + dlc.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why hate on this anyway? Its great for players and proabbly will be great for bungie, even if they have 5% of those turn into paying customers.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Base game, Osiris and Warmind free. Forsaken + y2 dlc (black armory, prime, Opulence) not free. Y3 will allow purchase and starting at 750 without owning Forsaken + dlc.

I dont even think youre right becase the chick specifically said you can do the well as a free player and thats forsaken content. So its not as clear cut.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
So looks like Bungie only just got Sony on board w/ cross saves yesterday.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure they still plan on putting out Destiny 3, its just too soon since the Activision split. The 1 year of DLC implies we'll see Destiny 3 (or maybe just a rename to Destiny and a new game that folds in all the old maps) in 2020, to coincidence with next gen consoles too. A single unified backend would be fantastic.

I wonder when the cross save stuff is coming out, I own the game on PC and PS4 but my character is furthest on PS4, will it override my lameo level 4 PC char?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I wonder when the cross save stuff is coming out, I own the game on PC and PS4 but my character is furthest on PS4, will it override my lameo level 4 PC char?
From the wording I have seen so far, I've got the impression you'll pick a "main" account to keep synced.

Edit - screen from vidoc

I dont even think youre right becase the chick specifically said you can do the well as a free player and thats forsaken content. So its not as clear cut.
So I finally listened to the actual vidoc and it sounds like full vanilla campaign + osiris/warmind campaigns will be free. So too will world patrol areas which is going to include things like Blind Well. "Full access to Gambit" is also going to be available but IDK if that includes Prime mode. However they only mention Y1 specifically for raids. So it sounds like Last Wish, Scourge of the Past, Crown of Sorrows will remain locked behind paywall.

Last edited:

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm excited for the influx of F2P meat for the crucible grinder bewhahahahahaha!

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Stadia is going to only allow play vs other Stadia players or if they will be in with PC folks.

I am pretty stoked by all of these announcements. Just adding to D2 is one of the best things, make it MMO style. Oh wait, they are calling it an MMO now, should we move this thread? :oops:

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fine with me personally. So much effort into pinnacle weps. Really not quite ready for a reset/character wipe