Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have an extra ps4 code (assuming there are any, I haven't been following at all)

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I still think the 4v4 model they are pushing was a mistake. I liked the 6v6 and even hoped they went big-time and introduced some bigger PvP shit like 8v8 or 12v12 now that the old consoles are finally dead, maybe even with some PvE mixed in, kind of like Alterac Valley race type shit. Would be cool for a game like this IMO. something different other than capture and hold the point, CTF and TDM type shit.

I like having only 4v4, though it could be only 6v6 or 12v12 and I would be happy. The problem with multiple modes is it gives players a false sense of gameskill. Compare random bg queues in WoW to playing 1800+ arena. Same with 6v6 crucible and 3v3 trials. In the long run this will make for a better pvp atmosphere because everyone has to adapt to playing a certain way.

That may not be for everyone but if they are taking rng out of the guns and forcing locked loadout then they are going for a competitive feel. It makes sense the playlists cater to that aswell.

With that said this game won't deliver a competitive scene like overwatch because of the 30 fps and no dedicated servers. I agree with you, they should have stuck with what everyone liked about the game (space magic) and took it to another level with this game.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
4 v 4 is shit for objective based PVP. And many people prefer that. Control was very popular. Rift too. They are leaning way too far into the shitty Trials model. The majority of players arent sweaty deathmatchers.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I'm not sure how well 4v4 will work out. It's fine for deathmatch (I prefer small teams and maps for it actually), but it seems like it's going to severely limit match types. Don't think it works too well for control.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
4 v 4 is shit for objective based PVP. And many people prefer that. Control was very popular. Rift too. They are leaning way too far into the shitty Trials model. The majority of players arent sweaty deathmatchers.

This right here. Yeah trials is fun and all but to base youre entire PvP structure around that shitty mode? fucking dumb. Trials in D1 was nothing but swipe sniping. Yeah, I agree, they are trying to push this shit into competitive type gaming, sad part is they have no structure behind it to make it work (dedicated servers)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Don't know if gunplay is worse compared to D1 or it is just that I have no guns I like in the Beta.

There are a couple of problems. All the new particle effects and visual effects are cool, but they really fuck up your sight when shooting at stuff. I can't tell what the fuck is going on sometimes when enemies are exploding stuff and teammates are shooting and rain is sleeting and fire is going off, plus the text thrown off mobs isn't as readable as D1. All that combines to a less pleasant experience.

Second the raw melee power of so many mobs makes it so getting close is death, but thats been true in destiny for a while now. just sucks when shooting from far away when combined with the visual issues above.

I also really hate how the only 3 stats on armor now are mobility (move), resilience (damage taken), and whatever the third is (shielding?). There is absolutely NOTHING to reduce super cooldown, grenade cooldown, ability cooldown, etc. So everyone has these janky ass 10 minute super cooldowns and it sucks.

I think PUBG has sorta ruined destiny for me, especially in PVP. I hate the change to 4v4, it makes objective games not fun at all. I hate the weapon changes in PVP. I hate the fact that "competitive" and "quick play" seems to be arbitrary and meaningless, but I assume there will be ladders and ELO and such.

Whereas in the destiny 1 beta I kept wanting to play, even though the stuff you could play was 1/10th the size of the D2 beta, in the D2 beta after 2-3 hours I really have zero interest in playing anymore. That can't be good. While I'll still play at launch, I'm reconsidering which edition to order - definitely not digital, probably physical and just regular copy only so I can trade in after 20-30 days.

At this point I'm sorta writing off D2 pvp and hoping the story is at least fun and interesting, be curious to see what the first raid is like.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Uhh wait, there is no larger team pvp? Figured 4v4 was just the 1 they threw in beta

Nope, the Crucible and Iron Banner are planned 4v4. I would be fine with certain Crucible modes being 4v4. I like that right now they rotate the playlist so you are forced to play other modes, and it encourages you to try the smaller team modes.

I liked that Trials was a smaller scale round based mode. But to go all in on it, is lame. They better be releasing some expanded modes. I put as much time in Crucible and Iron Banner as I did raiding. and to see it torn down is ass.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are a couple of problems. All the new particle effects and visual effects are cool, but they really fuck up your sight when shooting at stuff. I can't tell what the fuck is going on sometimes when enemies are exploding stuff and teammates are shooting and rain is sleeting and fire is going off, plus the text thrown off mobs isn't as readable as D1. All that combines to a less pleasant experience.

Second the raw melee power of so many mobs makes it so getting close is death, but thats been true in destiny for a while now. just sucks when shooting from far away when combined with the visual issues above.

I also really hate how the only 3 stats on armor now are mobility (move), resilience (damage taken), and whatever the third is (shielding?). There is absolutely NOTHING to reduce super cooldown, grenade cooldown, ability cooldown, etc. So everyone has these janky ass 10 minute super cooldowns and it sucks.

I think PUBG has sorta ruined destiny for me, especially in PVP. I hate the change to 4v4, it makes objective games not fun at all. I hate the weapon changes in PVP. I hate the fact that "competitive" and "quick play" seems to be arbitrary and meaningless, but I assume there will be ladders and ELO and such.

Whereas in the destiny 1 beta I kept wanting to play, even though the stuff you could play was 1/10th the size of the D2 beta, in the D2 beta after 2-3 hours I really have zero interest in playing anymore. That can't be good. While I'll still play at launch, I'm reconsidering which edition to order - definitely not digital, probably physical and just regular copy only so I can trade in after 20-30 days.

At this point I'm sorta writing off D2 pvp and hoping the story is at least fun and interesting, be curious to see what the first raid is like.
Do you really think that the armor we are seeing in the Beta is going to how all the armor is going to be like in release? I've seen 2 sets of armor; Heavy and Mobile, each with only 2 nodes... pretty basic. If that is all the armor will be like in release, then yea, its pretty bad, but come on... they will have armor with perks that affect powers just like in D1.

I agree with the negative reactions to the PvP change, since it will probably turn a lot of people away, but I'd hold off on making any judgments about the rest of the game until we get release. I'm just going with the thought that they may have withheld a bit too much during this beta.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
No thats what were bitching at. It fucking sucks.
giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GonzytheMage

This board has never been about giving a game a pass because "it's beta" first impressions are important. Like spronk said I'll play it on release because that's when games are the funnest but I have little interest in playing what we have been given atm.

I always have that old fuckdoll called WoW to come back to if this doesn't do it for me.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This board has never been about giving a game a pass because "it's beta" first impressions are importanr.
It's not really "giving it a pass".

Believing a feature is not fully implemented (like gear perks) isn't giving it a pass, it's just expecting what we see during the beta is not going to be what is at launch.

Plenty of people are bitching about things that we think are a reasonable approximation of what we will see on release, like skill cooldowns, pvp size, etc.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It will definitely be fun with friends, the question is to wait for PC or double dip with PSN.

I may just wait to see what the general consensus is, plus FPS on a PC is far superior.

spronk

FPS noob
It's not really "giving it a pass".

Believing a feature is not fully implemented (like gear perks) isn't giving it a pass, it's just expecting what we see during the beta is not going to be what is at launch.

Plenty of people are bitching about things that we think are a reasonable approximation of what we will see on release, like skill cooldowns, pvp size, etc.

There was a lot of talk from bungie about gear normalization and standardizing loadouts for PVP, I haven't really payed much attention to anything they have said about D2 but a lot of people are saying there are only 3 possible gear perks on armor in all D2 armor and its just a question of what mix you want, there are no extra bonuses. Presumably one legendary item will provide some minor bonus of course, but thats still nowhere near what you could do in D1.

I understand WHY they are doing it, the difference between someone with a really good armor set that min/max's supers and grenades and a scrub with blue armor that has shit bonuses was massive in D1, to the point where a shitty PVPer with good gear could wipe out entire teams. I think they went too far though, if I wanted a balanced game I'd just play Overwatch, CSGO, COD or Battlefield. Stuff like PUBG, Uncharted 4 mp, Destiny 1, etc do have fucked up builds that let people totally dominate against unlucky players but thats part of the charm, and D2 has lost a lot of that if these gear loadouts are any indication.

It will definitely be fun with friends, the question is to wait for PC or double dip with PSN.

I may just wait to see what the general consensus is, plus FPS on a PC is far superior.

i think the issue is going to be that D2 gets abandoned quickly on PC, whereas on consoles there tends to be a lot of players for a long time. Titanfall 2 or Battlefront are good examples, T2 is a great game and I actually play it on PC but there is only one game mode people play, attrition. Its 20+ min queue times for any other game mode.

Even battlefield 1, which I think most people would agree is a good game, is very skewed: 23k peak yesterday on PC, 55k on xb1, 78k on PS4.
Battlefield 1 Stats

Still, the fact that nvidia cards are giving out D2 codes when you buy a new 1080 should hopefully cheapen the price a bit, plus all those wow players with gold will sell keys for wow gold maybe.

GonzytheMage

Let's look at armor itemization for a second with the idea that hunters are the agile class for the game. You will never be so agile you can dodge bullets reliably so you go with the most consistent setup. In this case it's damage mitigation and then regeneration. If I have to give up my agility to gain these bonuses how is my hunter any different than a titan? Everyone is going to drop agility for the other two stats because it's consistent. I doubt armor perks will go too far beyond what we have seen thus far except exotics.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So if you don't really PVP but enjoyed some of the PVE in the first, does Destiny 2 seem better or worse than the first? Or too early to tell?