Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Probably once per session I go on a massive killing spree then load a save predating said spree. I assume this will be fine with the trophy.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Should be, yeah.

Pacifist is easy, I was also trying to get Foxiest of the Hounds, but I think there's an alarm that you can only skip via cutscene choice or something somewhere in GARM that got me and I didn't realize it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Everything relevant to the actual hacking, didn't bother with turret takeover and whatever the other one is.

In the end I decided the hacking is so shitty this time that I rolled back my save to the one I made just before spending the initial 11 praxis and chose other stuff.
Are you using the keybinds for all the actions ? C for capture, F for Fortify, numbers for the viruses ? Because while it was a bit annoying and there were several lvl 2/3 that gave me trouble, I found it easy enough in the later stages of the game, but I played it like an RTS-lite.

I'd have to agree though, you get more mileage out of legs/wall punching this time

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm playing on PS4. Gamepad does make selecting a bunch of nodes a bit slower, but I don't think it would change my opinion of the hacking much at all.

Edit: It also just occurred to me that maybe the hacking is more unforgiving on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Those of you on NG+, if you did Koller's sidequest in the first play through, do your experimental augs still overheat your system until you do his quest again?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I had a quest yesterday where it was a level 1 hack, yet EVERY time I had a node go off on Alarm. Even the 0's. I ended up having to make a multitool to get passed it. The countdown timer was 3 seconds. :( That one had to have been a bug.

Vorph

There are hidden traps in the >>> paths that have 100% chance to trigger the alarm. Apparently they expect you to back out, lose the first try bonus or save scum, and then come back with Stealth software to bypass it.

spronk

FPS noob
I love how there is so much of the game that is more or less "optional", and not in a Bioware sense but in a true "well... shit... I never went there" way. Like most of Golem City and GARM feels optional, since its pretty easy figuring out ways to go around everything. And its been a while since I've played a game where you have to actually choose between mission A or B and once you pick the other one is gone forever. Thats insane! And awesome.

I have save scummed so much though, I can't even imagine doing the "no saves, death = end" game mode. I wonder how long I'll last in that.

Dunno how you guys are flying through the game so fast, I spent all day yesterday just poking around every nook and cranny in one mission, some of them feel so huge. I could never do pacifist first play through, I end up fucking killing all these racist cops who talk shit to me. You want to inspect my pass, HERE IT IS ITS CALLED A COMBAT RIFLE

#auglivesmatter

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There are hidden traps in the >>> paths that have 100% chance to trigger the alarm. Apparently they expect you to back out, lose the first try bonus or save scum, and then come back with Stealth software to bypass it.

Ok good to know on that. It was the first time I had ever experienced it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I love how there is so much of the game that is more or less "optional", and not in a Bioware sense but in a true "well... shit... I never went there" way. Like most of Golem City and GARM feels optional, since its pretty easy figuring out ways to go around everything. And its been a while since I've played a game where you have to actually choose between mission A or B and once you pick the other one is gone forever. Thats insane! And awesome.

I have save scummed so much though, I can't even imagine doing the "no saves, death = end" game mode. I wonder how long I'll last in that.

Dunno how you guys are flying through the game so fast, I spent all day yesterday just poking around every nook and cranny in one mission, some of them feel so huge. I could never do pacifist first play through, I end up fucking killing all these racist cops who talk shit to me. You want to inspect my pass, HERE IT IS ITS CALLED A COMBAT RIFLE

#auglivesmatter

Yeah I am only on Mission 11 (I think there are 17) and doing every side quest I can find. One side mission took me 2 hours. It was awesome.

And yeah, I came across my first mission choice. It was actually hard to make that decision. I wanted to do both.
Allison or Bank Heist
and both for different reasons. Been a long time since a game made me gut check myself.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I felt that choice was pretty bullshit, I cleaned the bank top to bottom TWICE at that point, I could basically sprint in and grab anything I wanted, yet somehow I have 1 hour to do exactly what the plot requires or it's gone/the chick will blow herself up.

spronk

FPS noob
Finished today, yeah the last 25% of the game is pretty weak and its definitely an abrupt and pretty unsatisfying ending. Still, the early game and the side missions made the playthrough worth it. Like Hitman, weapons are a real weak point in the game - I never really felt I needed anything more than tranq and stun gun, all the rest of the weapons were superfluous.

Not sure if I am gonna bother with going for platinum, the breach stuff is utter shit and not fun at all and I have no desire to spend hours in it. Gonna do at least one more playthrough though of the main storyline and make opposite choices and try for 100% pacifist run.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can tell they cut half of the game out as there is only one boss fight in the game. The majority of the content is pretty much side quests and loading screens. Makes me wonder if they couldn't finish it or if square wanted to get as much cash as possible by splitting it in two games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There have been a few rumors that the game went through development hell, I guess the transition to a new engine wasn't exactly painless and Square seems desperate for blockbuster hits that they can milk for all the money possible, which Deus Ex simply can't be. My theory is that they wanted Breach to be this cash cow ala ME3 multiplayer, possibly standalone and wanted them to launch separately, but the project was so unfun/rushed that packing it together was the only way to make it somewhat successful, since that single level where you hack Miller's inbox makes no bloody sense. The Deus Ex timeline has only so many events you can do before you get to the original, so they will obviously try to slow it down a bit and if they keep up the attention to detail, why not ?

On the other hand, I can't really complain that I was sold half a game or something, it feels small, but stuffed to the brim with interesting things, even though if you look close you will see the cracks in the polish.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jimquistion weighs in on the game. I still like the game (it's second to blood and wine for me this year).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Could they have leaked something to TB or literally anybody else ? Jim Sterling is hard to take seriously.

The topic definitely deserves some digging into, but I suppose it's impossible until people move on.

Vorph

Is it normal to only get Smooth Operator and not Ghost on some missions? I know I didn't alert anyone but I got only Smooth Operator for two steps in a row of the main story just now.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ghost is to not be seen at all, not even suspicious status or the yellow indicator that indicates they see you I believe. Sometimes I felt the AI saw stuff or got triggered when it really shouldn't, so it's possible it's a bit buggy.

Vorph

Nah, Suspicious/yellow status definitely doesn't block Ghost. You get that just by distracting guards with thrown items and stuff like that, and I still got Ghost on many missions I used that on.

spronk

FPS noob
I believe failing a safe/door hack will turn off ghost, it won't alarm just failing. As long as you never get the alarm infolink tooltip though for the run of the game you will still get foxiest of the hounds trophy, but its incredibly easy failing that trophy including making a wrong decision at two key story points (garm escape and mission 11 or 12 choice) and there is no way to know you have failed except getting the alarm tooltip, which is super easy to miss.

I got all the trophies except breach and one-life but am not gonna bother I think, breach is just super painful and I played ~5 hours today and not even close to doing 100% of tier 1 breach servers, let alone tier 2 and 3. Will take 20+ hours and I see no point in spending so much time on something that is so incredibly shitty.

overall i'd reduce my score of the game down to a 6/10, I think the theme of the game is just too grim and depressing and the whole "aug racism" thing feels way too much of a departure from the Deus Ex universe to me, while cliche is about humans vs AIs and corporations. While technically well done, the game falls apart after Golem City and the back and forth repeat trips get damn annoying. The ending sucks. I think a case where the writers fell in love with their ideas over making a fun game.

Sales have apparently been terrible in the UK in the first week, less than half of Deus Ex Human Revolution . guess we'll see how it does in the USA in a few weeks.