Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sad thing is this game will make more than SC2 and D3 combined and will just encourage more shit like this
Guess it depends on how they monetize it. Mobile games with gatcha make a lot of money sure but other games not so much from what I've seen. I guess if they have loot boxes where you get gear I could see it but otherwise it won't make that much. Still probably a lot more than it cost to make since it seems they're mostly adapting D3 assets into mobile so the dev costs are pretty low I'd assume, and I guess it won't have a story mode or a limited one so no expensive CGI/voice acting.

It's funny they kept this for last though thinking people would be happy about it maybe. From the crowd reactions and stuff, they should have put Overwatch last, Jeff Kaplan is a much better speaker for one, I think the only one that didn't feel like he was panicky or just cringy as fuck, and people were pretty hyped about their new hero reveal. HotS was kinda like "uh, what the fuck is this, original hero really?", Hearthstone was spoiled before the announcement as usual and it was yet another set so people kinda stopped caring, WC3 reforged was alright and I didn't watch the WoW thing so not sure how that went. Diablo Mobile is definitely the worst anouncement because not only is it not exciting, it's actually the opposite.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't partake in twitch, someone explain the F thing. Is it just one long angry FFFFFFFFFuck?

While I hoped for a worthy competitor to PoE because competition is good for the consumer...the schadenfreude is almost as good. This franchise was dead years ago, time to buy a Switch.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Reddit and Twitch is going mad apeshit crazy over the mobile announcement. I hope they have something else to announce for Diablo franchise. Datmodz and Quin69 are losing their minds. lol

Fedor

<Banned>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't partake in twitch, someone explain the F thing. Is it just one long angry FFFFFFFFFuck?

While I hoped for a worthy competitor to PoE because competition is good for the consumer...the schadenfreude is almost as good. This franchise was dead years ago, time to buy a Switch.

Meme from the COD franchise of having to press the F key to "pay respects" at a funeral.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Guess it depends on how they monetize it. Mobile games with gatcha make a lot of money sure but other games not so much from what I've seen. I guess if they have loot boxes where you get gear I could see it but otherwise it won't make that much. Still probably a lot more than it cost to make since it seems they're mostly adapting D3 assets into mobile so the dev costs are pretty low I'd assume, and I guess it won't have a story mode or a limited one so no expensive CGI/voice acting.

I'll be very surprised if it doesn't have some form of mtx. The amount of money that Bethesda made off of Shelter is stupid amounts of silliness and the other big boys want some of that action with their IP's.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Press F to Pay Respects | Know Your Meme

Press F (X) to Pay Respects is an action prompt featured in a quick time event from the 2014 first-person shooter Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Upon the release of the game in November 2014, many players of the game mocked the funeral cutscene for its forced element of interactivity that seemed out-of-place at a memorial service.

Fedor

<Banned>
I wonder if part of it is he read that the crowd was not happy at all about the announcement and were looking at him like the man who killed Diablo. He was probably hoping to escape with his life.

the convicts in the crowd rush the stage and take the event hostage

welcome to blizz con

vlcsnap-2015-10-06-00h04m43s146.jpg

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wait this was just an announcement? As in, they released the announcement for a MOBILE GAME STILL IN DEVELOPMENT as the capstone to their annual conference? Fucking looooooooooooooooooool. I was bent over laughing thinking it'd be available in like a month or something.... Hahahahahahaha holy shit

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only good thing to come out of this is the future youtube reaction compilation where I can watch the exact moment everyone's heart breaks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Wait this was just an announcement? As in, they released the announcement for a MOBILE GAME STILL IN DEVELOPMENT as the capstone to their annual conference? Fucking looooooooooooooooooool. I was bent over laughing thinking it'd be available in like a month or something.... Hahahahahahaha holy shit

It does say Coming "Soon" To Mobile

L Oh Fucking L

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man the reactions in that reddit thread posted are priceless. So many people talking about "imma KMS".