Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i was looking at manajuma after i bought this weapon, but anything that would be an upgrade would cost over 200mill and it would be maybe 1kdps increase.

yeah i bought the wep/ring/gloves/ammy.

So i should ditch my bracers, get new shoulders (vile wards are only about a 4k dmg increase and i lose HP) is it the razorspike plans?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, I was explaining what you should have bought. Those might not be upgrades anymore.

You can't think of it in terms of just HP. Go plug your character into d3rawr and figure out the eHP of upgrades. Vile Wards don't have the 6% life stat(but they can) but will come with a lot more AC and INT. You can't make a 1:1 comparison without extrapolating the eHP.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Apparently a wipe is coming on F&F beta, so might mean closed beta is starting(or they're making a bunch of changes and want people to retest). They also changed the ETA for the PTR from "Soon" to "Very Soon". So probably next week.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ok im on d3rawr, i added in my helm so far, how does adding in my armor work.

I see an option for armor but im gonna assume thats for +armor mod you can get on items.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Damage: 107270.01
tDPS: -
Effective Health: 157206
Life: 36447
Armor: 2729 (46.42%)

vs

Damage: 113532.59
tDPS: -
Effective Health: 155619
Life: 32629
Armor: 3076 (49.41%)

^ with vile wards.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
5% dps upgrade for a really minor hit to eHP sounds worth it to me. But, your eHP is ridiculously low, you're not coming anywhere near MP10 with those kinds of stats. One bull rush will ruin you. I think 500k is the minimum to safely take a bull rush on MP10.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yeah i probably should have waited for someone to come along and help me shop, oh well all i can do is about mp4.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
yeah i probably should have waited for someone to come along and help me shop, oh well all i can do is about mp4.
You should be able to do a lot higher than MP4 with that gear. CoB is great, but you need a certain amount of hps to really be able to use it higher MP levels.. not to mention mana. If you use the build I have currently, I bet you'll be able to do MP7 easily.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
May I recommend this dude on Youtube who's videos I've found very useful. He loves his WD, and there's some other videos on there.

Anthony Evans - YouTube

Talks about gearing up a WD for both Cloud of Bats, and Zero Dogs.

Bull rush on Mp10 is brutal no matter what. According to D3rawr I have effective HP of 583k and I still sometimes have problems with them. lol

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I play a DH, my EHP including dodge is over 1m, but for bull rush I always hit shadow power (gloom) before I get hit to reduce the damage (on MP10). That way I have shadow power up once the knockback finishes so I can keep channeling bombardment.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I thought most DH builds are centered around having that up all the time.
Eh, not really. Pretty heavy swing one way or the other. I mean, most DHs use disc to some degree, but it seems to be disc-centric or a splash here and there.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Leveling up a Monk. After playing a WD, I love the power, but I think taking out MP10 packs of mobs, or farming through lower MPs as a melee character is just going to be more fun.

Reading back through the posts here talking about the different monk builds, and looks like Tempest Rush is still viable, and then there is "nirvana" and "bells", but not sure if either of those point towards exploding palm build.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I'm not sure tempest rush is as viable as it used to be - monks usually did it for low MP farming of Demonic Essences. For XP, I'm pretty sure the popular one is Exploding Palm. Once you learn the timing on it, shit just dies so fast I can't imagine using another build to farm efficiently as a monk. EP on a full spawned crypt is probably the fastest XP I've ever seen.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah tempest rush is no good anymore, but it's great for leveling with a weapon with -lvl req. Leveled my monk super fast with a tempest rush build and a -14lvl 1k DPS 2H hammer with 250dex, just tempest rushing around. Even at MP0 it doesn't kill shit fast enough on mp0 though, I mean if your gear is insane it might kill ok on like mp4, but nirvana/bell/exploding builds can farm mp10 at the same speed more or less, some of them use tempest rush for moving around between packs, others use flying kick and since mob density is big it's the same.

Raign

Golden Squire
Thinking about getting back into this to farm up for the xpac. Anyone comment on how the new difficulties stack up compared to launch? My monk cleared it on Hell back before ANY of the changes (despite the ass-rape that was Ghom...), but I have no idea how that compares to "MP10" (or for that matter what the hell MP10 even means....".

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you mean Inferno, then it's like mp4-5 or so I think, but the itemization is a lot better nowadays so relative power is much higher. If you actually mean hell, it's less than mp0, hell wasn't hard even at launch.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Leveling up a Monk. After playing a WD, I love the power, but I think taking out MP10 packs of mobs, or farming through lower MPs as a melee character is just going to be more fun.

Reading back through the posts here talking about the different monk builds, and looks like Tempest Rush is still viable, and then there is "nirvana" and "bells", but not sure if either of those point towards exploding palm build.
We get a "new" guy playing a monk every week. I know you've been reading the thread, just go back a few weeks. One of my posts details everything about end game monk builds.

Every successful block has a 25% chance to reduce all cooldowns by 1 second.
Remove CM from wizards, put something similar on an item. Troll Blizzard.

Raign

Golden Squire
Er yeah, sorry, Inferno. Been a while! I had read that itemization was better now which prompted the ask-- I assumed that the top tier gear I was using at the time would be dated now, just curious how much so.

Thanks!