Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Illusionist+Teleport with Wormhole, or just teleport really. Storm Armor with the rune that procs movespeed on getting hit is nice too. On disintegrate yeah it tends to be very good while leveling, not much changed there but once you can get either good damage so meteor one shots stuff or ApoC so you can use Arcane Orb a lot, it becomes kinda meh since the aoe is fairly crappy and it forces you to stand still. Then you get blackhole and you can combo that and those other spells to group everything in a nice pack before blowing them up instantly.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Aren't channeled spells somewhat bugged for Wizard where they are setting off procs basically every tick?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Never liked the cooldown on teleport. Same reason I don't like the cooldown on spirit walk UNTIL you get grave injustice, then it's up pretty much everytime. Difference being, I don't want to depend on taking 15% damage in one hit to get the same performance. Current tempest rush + tailwind is the best. On demand 50% move speed, no need to kill monsters or be hit, even better than current WW barbs. And if you tailor a few pieces of gear for it, it won't drain your spirit. It's why I'm bummed they're removing the base move speed increase from tempest rush and turning it into some dumb damage move.
frown.png

Oh, as for channeled spells, I think they are bugged. I got a crossbow on my DH that had a 40% chance to fire an explosive bolt when attacking. If I used that when strafing or rapid firing, shit would proc constantly. Easily 5+ fireballs on the screen at a time. Wish I knew how much damage it was doing.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Been messing around with each class on the PTR, been liking the barb the most so far.

Leap - whatever
Ground Stomp - Wrenching Smash
Overpower - Storm of Steel
Whirlwind - Hurricane
Bash - Onslaught(use whatever fury builder you want here, or maybe even a different skill)
Rend - Ravage

Small pack? Leap in, rend and move on.
Large pack? Leap in, stomp, rend, move on.
Large spread out pack with ranged? Leap in, whirlwind long enough to pull everyone in, stomp, rend, move on.
That exact build has been used since release, some people use frenzy instead of bash, some use ignore pain / wotb / ancients / earthquake instead of overpower.

Kind of funny all the pre ww builds are coming back in fashion with 2.0 / RoS looming.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely, I used leap/stomp/rend while leveling a hardcore barb for fun recently. WW - Hurricane adds further utility from having to chase down ranged and stragglers, thus increasing the kill speed greatly and making it a competitive endgame build.

I don't like frenzy with a 2H, or any weapon for that matter, the windup time is too much. If you need that many hits on a fury spender, either your bulb was empty for some reason, or you're on the wrong difficulty setting.

And I really dislike cooldowns. You don't get elites in nice little 60s windows, so why include a cooldown in your build? Wasted skill slot 90% of the time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Got a couple pieces of gear today that got me to thinking that WW barbs aren't dead. There's a belt that gives 40% run speed for 10s when Warcry is used. With 50% CDR from gear(I think that's cap), that's basically permanently up. That solves the run speed from sprint. The other problem is replacing the immense fury gen from Into the Fray since even by itself, WW is a fury hog.

Don't care (single target fury spender/builder?)
Whirlwind - Hurricane

Warcry - Charge!
Overpower - Momentum
Don't care (Rend - Ravage for elite packs)
Don't care (single target fury spender? Battle Cry? Leap?)

Animosity
Brawler(not required, but kinda duh with WW)
That passive that gives 20 rage on block

That last passive might be overkill, but I think you'll want a shield. From my usage of WW - Hurricane, I think the pull-in mechanic ticks with WW. The game looks for the farthest enemy in range and pulls him in. With a slow 2H, it's going to take a while if you have a lot of stragglers. The downside is that with a fast 1H, your WW will chug fury. I was able to keep up for the most part today with OP - Momentum, Warcry - Charge!(not always using it when I'd like to), and Ground Stomp. The variable part is going to be amount of enemies for OP and attack speed will refresh it faster, so it's not all bad to use a faster weapon. The other benefit of a shield is that you can get an awesome AEing weapon like Odyn's Son or Thunderfury and ensure your WW will always use that weapon. The procs on those weapons are sick, main reason I looked into sustainable WW.

It's not double nados but I don't think that's necessary anymore. The nados from sprint were used to kill stragglers as you ran by. WW - Hurricane pretty much solves that. Maybe it doesn't kill as fast, but you should get more mobs that current WW barbs miss.

Note, the belt, warcry, and 50% CDR are independent of this build. Use(and you should) this combo anywhere. However, Warcry - Charge!, animosity, and 50% CDR will pump out a decent amount of rage and I think WW is the best rage dump. I've never been that impressed with Seismic Slam or HoTA for pure speed of killing, and WW - Hurricane just makes it even more lopsided. Ancient Spear is good if you're excellent at aiming because of how fast the projectile travels. Rend is great, but it still begs to play second fiddle to another rage spender since it's a dot.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Remembered this video and watched it again after my brainstorm last night:

Finalized spearalanche gear showcase before char wipe ! - YouTube

No idea why he says the build is "perfected" when I can pick out 2-3 improvements immediately. WoTB, pointless. If it's not up every pack, it's a waste of a slot I say. Earthquake somewhat falls into this category too. The damage travels with you, so it's not totally wasted. But I think he shoehorned it in there because of the Earthen Might passive. Even at 30s, you're not getting much rage from Earthquake. So, I thought to do a mashup of his build and mine.

HoTA - Smash. Single target only. I don't see the point of Ancient Spear with WW Hurricane.
WW - Hurricane. Main fury spender.

Overpower - Momentum
Warcry - Charge!
Sprint - Marathon(or maybe RLTW?)
Avalanche - Lahar

Animosity(Or Earthen Might, can't decide which is more overall fury)
Weapon Master(Brawler might better depending on your weapon and crit %)
Rampage
Sword and Board

Yes, I'm still advocating 1H/Shield. 2H is just too slow with WW Hurricane. And I don't see the point of DW unless you really want the legendary effect the OH would provide. Since all of the damage abilities go off "weapon about to be swung", the other weapon would only be a stat stick + 15% haste. I think a shield can do better. And again, if you have a really good MH with a proc effect you want to ensure will be used in combat, DWing would only get in the way of that. And some of the new procs are really really good.

That might be fury overload. I don't know if WW and Sprint can spend fury fast enough to keep Avalanche off cooldown. Someone give me beta access already. Cool thing is that with Sprint and the Warcry belt, you're now travelling faster than current WW barbs
smile.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This should put patch 2.0 somewhere before the AH goes down, right?
Na, AH going down is on the 18th. That sounds just fine for 2.0, let them get a week of testing on live servers to fix some potential issues from removing the AH/2.0 shit, then patch RoS. I don't see the point of patching before AH goes down.

40bucks for the expansion, that sounds alright.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No way 2.0 is live with the AH either. While a lot of stuff is now account bound, it is SO much more easier from a logistics and programming standpoint to make the assumption that there will be no AH to fuck with your neat 2.0 rollout.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No way 2.0 is live with the AH either. While a lot of stuff is now account bound, it is SO much more easier from a logistics and programming standpoint to make the assumption that there will be no AH to fuck with your neat 2.0 rollout.
I don't see how it matters. The PTR is live with the AH. If you want to horde AH items you can just do it now. I don't see why having the AH live with 2.0 at the same time would matter since pretty much everything new is account bound.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think the AH is unavailable on the PTR. At least it was the first day.

Either way, that's the point. You guys say it shouldn't matter. This way they know for certain it won't matter. Who here predicted that exploit with your computer's local time and the AH buyout process? Anyone? No AH, you never have to plan or worry for these stupid things affecting your main game.

Also, if they plan on doing ladders(has that been confirmed one way or another yet?), one week of AH will kill the first season.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Na, AH going down is on the 18th. That sounds just fine for 2.0, let them get a week of testing on live servers to fix some potential issues from removing the AH/2.0 shit, then patch RoS. I don't see the point of patching before AH goes down.

40bucks for the expansion, that sounds alright.
How much is the digital delux version for the US? It's already fucking bullshit the aus price for regular is $55 for a digital product, just wanna see how much more we get ripped off for.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
So I havent followed the 2.0/RoS news for a while. Outside of time limited things like seasons/ladders, do I have the option of a fresh start from zero economy-wise?