Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Loot 2.0 half got it right. I honestly question the game designers that are working on this game. They partially implemented a complete system without even realizing that is what they were doing. They should have realized they had two choices:

1) Keep stats as they were in d2; and just up the drop rates to 2.0 levels
2) Get rid of stats as we know it and just have a generic +dmg, +health, +mitigation, etc stats that are usable by all characters. Then I think you can implement loot 2.0 as is and have a complete system.

The way they did it is like the worst parts of both systems. You have primary stats but with items that are really only designed for the person who they dropped for. Now you really cant get items for "friends" or twinks. Finding cool items for twinks was part of the fun of D1/D2; even if it was just a shallow time sink.

I also never understood why they didn't let followers in multiplayer. That's another layer of farming/gameplay that is completely removed in multiplayer. It was a fun meta game in D2 to level with friends and sync the followeres so you had a good combo of auras. Why remove that?

At the very least, the game enjoyable enough to play through now. However, it still feels like a bastardization of two strategies. There is this "new-age" mmo-like dungeon crawler smashed together with a more traditional one. Its better, but still not complete.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I use the Templar for the spirit gen. The heal and life regeneration are just nice things on top. I don't want things CCed, I want them on top of me getting punched in the face. I'll do the CCing with broken LTK.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Loot 2.0 half got it right. I honestly question the game designers that are working on this game. They partially implemented a complete system without even realizing that is what they were doing. They should have realized they had two choices:

2) Get rid of stats as we know it and just have a generic +dmg, +health, +mitigation, etc stats that are usable by all characters. Then I think you can implement loot 2.0 as is and have a complete system.

The way they did it is like the worst parts of both systems. You have primary stats but with items that are really only designed for the person who they dropped for. Now you really cant get items for "friends" or twinks. Finding cool items for twinks was part of the fun of D1/D2; even if it was just a shallow time sink.

I also never understood why they didn't let followers in multiplayer. That's another layer of farming/gameplay that is completely removed in multiplayer. It was a fun meta game in D2 to level with friends and sync the followeres so you had a good combo of auras. Why remove that?

At the very least, the game enjoyable enough to play through now. However, it still feels like a bastardization of two strategies. There is this "new-age" mmo-like dungeon crawler smashed together with a more traditional one. Its better, but still not complete.
Apparently you haven't been playing enough. While most loot is tuned to the character you're playings needs, you still have a chance of getting drops for other classes. I've gotten a legendary DH crossbow, legendary Wizard hat, and a legendary Barb belt so far and I play a Monk.

Needless

Toe Sucker
seems a lot of weapons need some love.
They really don't like putting sockets or +crit damage on them from what it seems

Gonna hold off until the expac so I don't burn out. Loving the changes!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The new weapons have a cap on certain modifiers at 60. The raw DPS number will almost always be less than the best previous loot but the added bonus is rolling 400-800 str/dex/int

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else think the new legendary 2h'ers need a lot of love? They all seem to be downgrades
Two well rolled 1H weapons will compare well to a well rolled 2H weapon, assuming none of them have sockets. The problem is that they removed critical damage as an affix for weapons. So toss in sockets and the 1H weapons have double of the most important stat. And that's not even counting that you can have two legendary effects, like thunderfury and odyn son.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Two well rolled 1H weapons will compare well to a well rolled 2H weapon, assuming none of them have sockets. The problem is that they removed critical damage as an affix for weapons. So toss in sockets and the 1H weapons have double of the most important stat. And that's not even counting that you can have two legendary effects, like thunderfury and odyn son.
My bul-kathos 1h sword rolled with some crit damage and a socket.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider

Apparently you haven't been playing enough. While most loot is tuned to the character you're playings needs, you still have a chance of getting drops for other classes. I've gotten a legendary DH crossbow, legendary Wizard hat, and a legendary Barb belt so far and I play a Monk.
Also legendary/set plans do roll higher based on the char of the lvl you crafted them with, but are usuable at the same lvl they originally were, ie 23 for cain's set. And all the legendary/set plans can drop in torment so it does give you something to twink alts with.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
After playing quite a bit over the last couple of days, this finally feels like a sequel to D2. If they could have only pulled this off at release. However, given the current gaming market, I'm pretty forgiving. The changes are very well done. Loot has been pretty solid. Getting several legendaries per run and though they are not items i'm equipping, they are very relevant and would be worthy it if I didn't have the gear that I do.

Cannot wait for the actual expansion. I have no idea how long it will keep me entertained but a much needed sign of improvement.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My bul-kathos 1h sword rolled with some crit damage and a socket.
He means crit dmg was removed as a normal roll, some legendaries can still roll crit damage as part of their unique stats though(like you find legendaries with movespeed other than boots but you'll never roll movespeed on a rare in another slot). So only specific legendaries can roll crit dmg, like Manticore for xbow and such. The other Bul Kathos weapon for example can't roll crit dmg. It also rolls with a socket as the base, so it's a pretty good weapon since it has 2 guaranteed strong "stats" as well as guaranteed strength(up to 521).

Also legendary/set plans do roll higher based on the char of the lvl you crafted them with, but are usuable at the same lvl they originally were, ie 23 for cain's set. And all the legendary/set plans can drop in torment so it does give you something to twink alts with.
Hmm couldn't get this to work, I don't think that's right. Crafted a legendary WD offhand(lvl 25ish) and the Cain's Helm, and both rolled low rolls for the non specific stats(like cain's helm rolled 20life on hit when a 60 life on hit item would roll 200ish at least). The other stats certainly don't scale.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmmm...maybe I just thought that because they roll based off new stats, my cain's helm rolled 100 main stat.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright, new build is ride hammer of the ancients to victory. I've got it up to +84% damage between skill%/fire damage% and it crits for near 10 million now. FAAAAAAAALCON PUUUUUUUUNCH.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm on the fence about getting the expansion. On one hand, I'm having a lot of fun right now actually logging in, and it just fits perfectly into my 'casual gamer' schedule. On the other hand, I'm wondering how in depth the loot / end game will actually be, and wondering if the new shiny feeling will wear off as quickly as when D3 was released.

Either way, why in the fuck wasn't the game at least released like this? I mean, how in the actual fuck? I just can't believe how terrible the loot was on release.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This won't have legs either. Not being able to farm alt loot is a HUGE detractor from its longevity.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Some people just have to find something to complain about I guess. I've been finding loot for alts about as much or more as I ever did in D2.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I got the one thing i wanted to get before RoS hit.. TY Based god.
My crusader will be pleased, now i can stop playing for vacation~

ZPPeRpB.jpg