Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I tested this pretty heavily yesterday and the clear winner was GRifts for me. This was doing GRift, Rift and Bounties all on tier3 and GRifts up to about 22. Generally the Rifts would go 1->10->17'ish->20'ish. I could do that entire cycle in maybe a half hour to 45 minutes and would get around 4-6 legendary/set items. Compared to a rift which would yield maybe 2.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Grift for me yield a shiton more legs. I can do up to 38 and pretty much each Grift past 32/33 is 3+ legs. Takes about 12mins to do average.
T6 regular rift is 5 an hour average.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seem pretty even to me comparing to t6, so yeah, before t6 I think grifts win. Although you get more shards from rifts so if you're targeting one or two pieces rifts are most likely better in that scenario.

Tenks

I also think if your goal is farming for souls the fastest way to get souls is split farming bounties on T6. Even on T3 I was getting a legendary per bounty at an alarming rate.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
A group split farming t6 bounties could do a t6 rift in 4-6 minutes easily I'm sure, probably around the same amont of time it would take to complete a bounty, but you also have the bonus drop rate inside of rifts. But yeah, souls are something to consider when comparing rifts to grifts, almost no one is taking into account the guaranteed soul from the rift, its basically a legendary, they just saved you a couple of clicks.

Tenks

I don't have the numbers infront of me but I believe I was also getting more blood shards doing normal rifts compared to my GRift cycle

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I get about 130-150(?) Blood shards per rift past 35. Usually between 70 and 100 per normal right I think.

Tenks

Yeah I could be wrong on blood shards. I wasn't paying very close attention to that I was just trying to keep track of my legendaries coming in per run.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I easily get more legendary items farming greater rifts (30+). Usually get anywhere from 2-5 per run (definitely get a lot more shards too).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I easily get more legendary items farming greater rifts (30+). Usually get anywhere from 2-5 per run (definitely get a lot more shards too).
I sometimes get two legs doing grift 24 :/ I'll pray to RNGesus to give me 6 PC firebirds so I can do 30+ too.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I get about 130-150(?) Blood shards per rift past 35. Usually between 70 and 100 per normal right I think.
I've seen between 95-108 shards from t6, even if you get 150 shards from a lvl 37/38 rift - mobs in lvl 37/38 have more than double the hp of mobs in t6. It would take about 5 minutes to do a t6 rift and about 15 to do a lvl 38 grift. A lvl 25 grift, which = t6, gives something like 60 shards.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Star of Azkaranth dropped... Lightning and only 55% CHD. The one time you wish you rolled 99th percentile.

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
death, you might wanna check out the Lord Commander builds a bit more. if you're doing mostly grifts and rifts, then you're doing a lot of long dungeons with straight hallways where it's perfect. You do have to aim, but you don't have to target individual mobs.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So after 2 weeks I almost got my seasonal sader where I want her. With a few hours of doing T6 rifts today I got a ram's gift, a socketed TF for my templar and this beauty for me. Rerolled the vit to Str and gifted it. Finally rng is on my side. Now trying to gamble a Vigilante belt so I can replace my neck for a high dps neck.

rrr_img_76403.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
death, you might wanna check out the Lord Commander builds a bit more. if you're doing mostly grifts and rifts, then you're doing a lot of long dungeons with straight hallways where it's perfect. You do have to aim, but you don't have to target individual mobs.
I tried it out last night. Admittedly without the shield, so I could be missing...something. But what bothers me about the pony build is the width of the column. Too easy for squirrely elite packs to slip past it instead of getting knockback/stun locked. Even worse is when you get some on the side or behind you and you have to reposition. I was really excited when I read they added an initial hitbox to seismic slam(2.0.6 I think) so it would hit targets to the sides of the barb. Logged on, still disappointed. I really hate repositioning for one to two mobs because, in this build, that means 0 dps.

It's a shame zombie bears aren't a thing anymore. They solved this problem by having the bears start a bit behind the witch doctor. It was a small pbaoe followed by a short but wide frontal column. Even better if you stood next to a wall and sploited the bears into coming out single column for boss fights.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
ya if you are doing the pony build the shield is a must i can totally see why you would think its lackluster.

So whats better for a SWK build , a staff or one handers....i have a skycutter at 19% and a akenesh at 25% , the akenish rolled decent in dmg but the skycutter is under 2k dps as for staffs have flying dragon but sub par rolls i mean its not bad if i can finally roll a damn %dmg on it , at 20 tries now and still no dice it sits at 3200 , have another staff Balance its called which is at 3600. So my question is since the 4 piece does 3500% weapon dmg would it be better to have a high dmg weapon as opposed to the 1 handers with the holy dmg increase.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ya if you are doing the pony build the shield is a must i can totally see why you would think its lackluster.
How does twice the ponies solve the problems I mentioned? Unless the shield does something weird with how the ponies spawn.

So whats better for a SWK build , a staff or one handers....i have a skycutter at 19% and a akenesh at 25% , the akenish rolled decent in dmg but the skycutter is under 2k dps as for staffs have flying dragon but sub par rolls i mean its not bad if i can finally roll a damn %dmg on it , at 20 tries now and still no dice it sits at 3200 , have another staff Balance its called which is at 3600. So my question is since the 4 piece does 3500% weapon dmg would it be better to have a high dmg weapon as opposed to the 1 handers with the holy dmg increase.
2pc bonus ensures daibos are always better. And a mediocre Flying Dragon is still the best. That buff has an incredible uptime and it essentially acts as a dps multiplier.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I tried it out last night. Admittedly without the shield, so I could be missing...something. But what bothers me about the pony build is the width of the column. Too easy for squirrely elite packs to slip past it instead of getting knockback/stun locked. Even worse is when you get some on the side or behind you and you have to reposition. I was really excited when I read they added an initial hitbox to seismic slam(2.0.6 I think) so it would hit targets to the sides of the barb. Logged on, still disappointed. I really hate repositioning for one to two mobs because, in this build, that means 0 dps.

It's a shame zombie bears aren't a thing anymore. They solved this problem by having the bears start a bit behind the witch doctor. It was a small pbaoe followed by a short but wide frontal column. Even better if you stood next to a wall and sploited the bears into coming out single column for boss fights.
I also tried out the pony build doing regular rifts and Grifts. Honestly the new condemn is far superior imo. The main issue I had with pony build is that you need precise position when using it. It's really bad in winding hallways, stairways, mobs in doorways and if there's an obstruction between you and mobs. At least with condemn I don't have any of those issues and plus I'm always on the move. With pony your most of the time stationary unless you need to reposition yourself. Pony does shine in the boss fights cause of the chain stuns that wrecks rift bosses. To me that's the only benefit of the build. It's not a bad build at all, Alkaizer is number #1 on the leader board using that build. It's not for me tho.