Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'd like some more acts and a class definitely, but they are at least releasing new zones. I sort of expect another expansion over another game to be honest.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
They are making big gains because they are nerfing twisted sword so without the big buffs there would be no GR progression past where we are at now.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Theories are flying after Blizzard had job listings for people in the art sector for a job in the diablo world.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even if it were for a D4, which I highly doubt, the game wouldn't be released in the next 10 years unless they started working on it years ago already. An expansion is very likely though imo and they put lore into RoS which left it open for an expansion so either way I'm betting we get another expansion before we get D4.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
If they are bumping the power of most sets, it would be nice if they boosted the LoN bonus a little. Say like 125-150% damage and 5% reduction or something.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got a couple of my friends to pick this up and it is their first Diablo experience. Watching their little feeble baby steps is so cute and painstakingly slow lol. I'm thinking about raising the difficulty and popping their cherries the hard way.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Aren't they just recruiting people for the remake of Diablo 2? Like to redo the cutscenes maybe or some shit like that.

They definitely have something for the Diablo franchise, but yeah wouldn't get my hopes up on too much. Plus if they're still recruiting people, shit's nowhere near ready.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Didn't know twisted sword accounted for that much damage.
Well,Twisted sword with the Globe spam which is also getting the nerf. Im not sure if this meta was in Blizzards scope because if you removed TS from the game the high 4 man gr would go from 110 to 95. That is also one of the reasons they never nerf anything mid season.

Borzak

Aren't they just recruiting people for the remake of Diablo 2? Like to redo the cutscenes maybe or some shit like that.

They definitely have something for the Diablo franchise, but yeah wouldn't get my hopes up on too much. Plus if they're still recruiting people, shit's nowhere near ready.
I think he alluded to the ad saying they had untold stories left to tell in the Diablo world. That doesn't sound like something they would advertise for in the D2 deal. I dunno tho.

Here's the ad for concept artist. Says right off for their next hit game. Hopefully they don't refer to a remake/remaster of D2 as their next hit game.

Blizzard Entertainment: Oferty pracy

Borzak

Well,Twisted sword with the Globe spam which is also getting the nerf. Im not sure if this meta was in Blizzards scope because if you removed TS from the game the high 4 man gr would go from 110 to 95. That is also one of the reasons they never nerf anything mid season.
I don't know if they really are concerned with a hard number of greater right number being pushed. But I've hard it mentioned several times that people don't play diablo to sit there and spam health globes in suppport. Doesn't sound very fun at all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reaper of Souls did end in a way where they could make Diablo 4.
It kinda did? The ending specifically mentions that you, at some point, will be tempted by corruption, and Tyrael questions wether or not you'll be able to resist. So a sequel where the evil guy is whoever cannonically beat Diablo(add some random shit how Diablo's essence lingers within him from entering in contact with him before), similar to Diablo 2, would work fine.

Can also just be a prequel. The first war, and you're one of the first nephalems. There's a lot of backstory on that period in Reaper of Souls, and it'd work out fine.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
It kinda did? The ending specifically mentions that you, at some point, will be tempted by corruption, and Tyrael questions wether or not you'll be able to resist. So a sequel where the evil guy is whoever cannonically beat Diablo(add some random shit how Diablo's essence lingers within him from entering in contact with him before), similar to Diablo 2, would work fine.

Can also just be a prequel. The first war, and you're one of the first nephalems. There's a lot of backstory on that period in Reaper of Souls, and it'd work out fine.
I was moreso going by when we killed Malthael, all the Prime Evils that were trapped in the soulstone were released. Diablo was released again.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was moreso going by when we killed Malthael, all the Prime Evils that were trapped in the soulstone were released. Diablo was released again.
I read that as didn't. I don't remember the souls getting out? Thought that shit was completely done by now, Malthael kinda killed all the souls in the stones while he was doing his shit and killing him put an end to that. At least that's what I got out of it but haven't done the story in a while.

But yeah it isn't really hard to imagine a follow up to the story, either sequel or prequel. Main concern is, would they really bother? I feel they can still do a lot of stuff with D3. Maybe they weren't happy with the RoS sales though and felt they needed to restart the franchise from a clean slate rather than the bad aftertaste of the AH shittery from launch which a lot of people never recovered from. They also could get a better engine probably, which would be nice maybe.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
3 minutes

Tyrael: "Where is the Black Soulstone?"
Hero: ""Maltael destroyed it, and consumed Diablo's soul"
Tyrael: "Then Malthael's death will have released Diablo. He is free"