Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think it is worth picking up again if you have an account, if you dont like what you see just shelf it for another 6 months. Although if you havent played PoE my suggestion is to spend 10ish hours on that first so you can actually begin to compare them. PoE has far more depth but a bit rough around the edges. Torchlight II for some reason didnt do it for me, played about 3 hours and felt meh about it.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's still great fun, join public games and kill monsters. Torchlight 2 felt shallow and POE just pisses me off.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to patch soon. It has been almost a year now and there has pretty much been nothing actually added to the game save the rings and paragon levels(And crafting I guess). Everything else has just been fixing and balancing from release. If they would just take a chance and put in the endless dungeon, many many more players would play the game.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
They need to patch soon. It has been almost a year now and there has pretty much been nothing actually added to the game save the rings and paragon levels(And crafting I guess). Everything else has just been fixing and balancing from release. If they would just take a chance and put in the endless dungeon, many many more players would play the game.
Rofl, did/do you play it ?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wasn't there just a big patch like 3 months ago that added all that crafting?
Yeah but it didn't really add any content. After day 3 of that patch you could buy the plans for 7k gold and you get demonic essence doing the same stuff you were doing already.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm with Mahes. While there are things left I could do, I feel like I've accomplished most of what the game currently has to offer. I've played all the classes, equipped them all with decent gear (above average gear in my main's case), ran for paragon, ran for loot, did crafting and uber content. I could do more paragon or look for more loot obviously, but I don't feel an urgent need to.

However, if they released another "end game goal" like endless dungeon or quests for unique crafting items, that would spark my interest.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah but it didn't really add any content. After day 3 of that patch you could buy the plans for 7k gold and you get demonic essence doing the same stuff you were doing already.
Agreed, I think I am sitting on >200 essence and I bought every plan (including the marquis gems) for <30k each not long after the patch. Some were <1k.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I recently got back into in, having fun. Just cleared MP5 on my barb and farming keep runs. But not really sure what I should be doing right now besides raising my paragon level. Every upgrade for me is about 50Mil+ A slot.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They'd have me playing again if they actually randomized the maps. I dont understand why the 4th difficulty setting still needs these barely changing maps with always identical exit directions, handholding time should be over. Unless of course in their brilliance they realized that random maps werent a positive factor in D2 or D1 and could be cut or mitigated away in favor of more fixed levels. And they'd never get that idea, right? Right??

Endless dungeons or big random maps away from the main path with a randomized boss instead of fixed act minis at the end. Sounds so easy on paper, I guess summer 2014 should be about the time they get to it?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heads up on the AH. I would not put an item up with an open bid right now. I just bid 20 Mil on an Echo and it locked the bidding out. I won the weapon and even got 7 mil back. Weapon is worth 500 Million easy...

Virus_sl

shitlord
Have they made uniques worthwhile? The biggest thing that'd piss me off is getting a class specific item with stats that were completely irrelevant to the class...

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have they made uniques worthwhile? The biggest thing that'd piss me off is getting a class specific item with stats that were completely irrelevant to the class...
Nah, that shit can still happen. You may want to wait for the patch following this one where they address itemization.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I think I've decided to go the PoE route. The following features gave me a huge fucken boner.

Hardcore

Typically, ?hardcore mode? in action RPGs involves permadeath. A character killed in this mode cannot be accessed any more. In Path of Exile, slain hardcore characters revert to the parent non-hardcore league. This system encourages non-hardcore players to try the hardcore game mode, while still permanently removing hardcore characters from the economy when they die.

Ironman

In Ironman, players are unable to trade with vendors or refill their flasks in town. Mana regeneration is disabled by default. Players are encouraged to band together and manage their resources in order to survive.

Cut-throat

The cut-throat leagues appeal to the niche of players who demand the most hardcore gaming experience possible. In this mode, all world areas are public, with full PvP enabled by default. Slain characters drop all their items upon death. This game mode can also be combined with Hardcore to create an even more unforgiving world.

Attrition

An attrition league is a short duration league that starts with a fixed number of players and eliminates the player with the lowest amount of experience at periodic intervals. For example, a 24 hour attrition league might start with 100 players and eliminate one player per 12 minutes after a four hour initial leveling period. Players would be able to see how close to elimination they are on an on-screen ladder display.

I'd like to play Diablo 3 when its actually made to be played without the RMT AH. I don't give a shit how you try to spin it the whole game was made around that fucken piece of shit RMT AH and it is bitter dissapointment every time I think about it. The combat in D3 is second to none but I felt that the world was really shitty compared to how awesome D 2's was. Not enough varied maps. Honestly if you released D2 with the same graphics it would have been a million times better then D3. I REALLY want to like D3 but it's the first game to ever dint my belief in blizzard. I used to think they could do no wrong but Diablo 3 was a massive insult to all Diablo fans.

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
Yeah I really don't see how D3 ever got released with so few features. I finally just looked into Path of Exile yesterday, and reading the features left me completely boggled how D3 has none of them. I mean how can a tiny company in New Zealand make a much more robust game than the biggest gaming company in the world? I don't know where Blizzard spent all their time designing D3 but they forgot to actually make the game fun and varied.

I completely agree that if they just redid D2 with new graphics it would be infinitely superior to D3.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Nah, that shit can still happen. You may want to wait for the patch following this one where they address itemization.
Haha, I've seen some form of this response so many times in this thread. Consensus seems to be "D3 isn't worth playing until _____" with no horizon in sight.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you haven't played since Paragon levels were introduced or they nerfed the shit out of Inferno level difficulty, I'd say it's worth it to come back. That was my situation. I got about a month and a half of entertainment before I got bored again.