Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They ripped the AH out of Diablo 3. I think that was an overreaction. I would love an AH in PoE.

How do they implement an MMO-ish Diablo game without partially cannibalizing WoW?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think they'll go for something like what Marvel Heroes was or Lost Ark Online is going to do, or some of these other Korean ARPG MMO.

I doubt it would cannibalize WoW that much since both games are fundamentally different. People would either play both, or alternate between the 2 as new content is released.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think they'll go for something like what Marvel Heroes was or Lost Ark Online is going to do, or some of these other Korean ARPG MMO.

I doubt it would cannibalize WoW that much since both games are fundamentally different. People would either play both, or alternate between the 2 as new content is released.
Or, OR, OR...

They could not be fuckstains and release content on such a glacial pace. Someone posted a thread on r/pathofexile asking why people play poe. I didn't read the thread, but my initial reaction beyond being well designed(which is just a baseline requirement) is that they continuously release content. 3 month content cycle is just fucking nuts. Quality, admittedly, has suffered a bit, but it's been a worthwhile tradeoff.

It's wrong that the response to prevent self competition is to release content slowly. Seems defeating in the long run.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that even possible? That's like imaginary number levels of bad.

I'm sure there's a cabal of corporate overlords in Blizzard lamenting how much money they spend on 1% of the playerbase and how it'd be better to spend it on the 99%. We'll get a non-raiding D4 MMO with transmog battles and pet barber shops.

• 1Barf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure there's a cabal of corporate overlords in Blizzard lamenting how much money they spend on 1% of the playerbase and how it'd be better to spend it on the 99%. We'll get a non-raiding D4 MMO with transmog battles and pet barber shops.
I'll take it. The worst parts of DiabloPoEWoWvideo games is dealing with other people.

Seriously, I'd love the shit out of "single player" WoW. That's *very* close to what PoE is now. Heck, that's basically what Diablo 3 is now. And it was great, while they were still releasing content. That's why I ask how you do you not self compete since the games are essentially both loot hunts with varying degrees of player interaction.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah if they want to make the big bucks they have to slutmog it up. Otherwise they'll run out of bullshit for the cash shop and any microtransaction interest will drop sharply.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just bring all the HOTS heroes, customization, themes and monetization channels to Diablo 4. But a mount in that game for a WoW character and you get it in WoW, an outfit and you get it in HOTS to drive play/subs for multiple products.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well if that disgruntled dev is at all true then we're getting a Witcher style game. That'd at least make a little more sense why they hired the mmo people.

• 1Barf

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
They would make money hand over fist if they went PoE's model. My money is on a battle pass + shop cosmetics + box price (fucking assholes.)

I'm not really complaining about D3's graphics. They are good but I want a dark and foreboding art direction which is what Diablo is supposed to be.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
We're all wrong, Diablo 4 will be based on the special Unicorn and Rainbow level. The entire game will be like that. :)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone on the forum still play? I started playing late this season. Made an UE demon hunter and completed all the conquests for the seasons reward. Tried some higher grifts and hit a brick wall real quickly. Build is really good for farming T13 but don't like it for pushing GRs. I was going to try a necro but the loner in me decided to go with a sader cause they seem to be good at solo pushing. I didn't feel like getting all the Akhans pieces for condemn build on seasons so I started playing up my nonseasonal one. Spent the weekend grinding rifts for better gear and I'm up to gr 92 with 1 primal and 5 ancient pieces so far. Gonna try to do gr 100 by end of the week if I get better gear.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Impale DH is also very strong and pretty easy to gear up, especially with a UE DH already

Condem sader is super tough but some pieces (shield etc) can be tough to get

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
BoozeCube was pushing UE DH doing gr90s like 3rd day or 4th of last season, so it's certainly possible. He's stupid good though. I mean, he doesn't really do everything right and he still did that.

Plays DH better than I do, that's for sure.

Anyway, my point is UE can definitely push 90s and you don't need 700+ para / in aug'd gear to do it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Impale DH is also very strong and pretty easy to gear up, especially with a UE DH already

Condem sader is super tough but some pieces (shield etc) can be tough to get

I know the condemn/Cracksader build was entertaining as heck though too. could basically speed run anything and be near invincible. I think even the speed variant with meh gear got me to GR90 without much effort too. Only downside it had, if i remember right was rift boss dmg was meh. though everything else blew up with zero issues.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hit a wall at GR 80 with my DH in UE. I can't pieces to roll decently for me. I know my gear isn't rolled that well, but I have been grinding 71 or so and I just can't seem to up my damage.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Obvious statement is obvious, but make sure you have +disc on every piece of gear that can (armor too, if I remember right? along with some rings can roll it depending on what build you have) and then pretty much its all crit damage/crit chance. Avoid attack speed like the plague