Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Looks good, more muted graphics, not a super-flashy WoW clone like D3 was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Release is a long way off, I think. Gameplay vid seemed like it needed some polish. Style looked good though!
My reaction as well, this game is 2+ years away. It's missing a lot of visual polish. They didn't so much as hint at a date

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Graphics kind of reminds me of PoE. I can live with that as long it plays like D3 and not like PoE.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The more I watch it the more it looks like it is the exact same engine as D3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more I watch it the more it looks like it is the exact same engine as D3.
Was there something wrong with the D3 engine? Gameplay was smooth as butter no matter what was on the screen. The new art style looks nice.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully this just another case of developers doing a bad job at showcasing their own game. Nothing in that gameplay video made me go "ooooh, I want to do that". Everything looked pretty basic.

For sake of comparison, Venom Gyre reveal from PoE's 3.8 looked enticing.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Was there something wrong with the D3 engine? Gameplay was smooth as butter no matter what was on the screen. The new art style looks nice.
Yeah, i have no problem with the D3 engine being used as long as the zones looks darker and the mechanics end up more like D2 as some of the leaks have suggested.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

I just speculated in the Blizzcon thread that it reeks of them trying to go a different direction with D4 for years and then last year right before Blizzcon 2018 they decided to scrap it and that is how we got the Diablo Immortal announcement and this is a year in the making.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I just speculated in the Blizzcon thread that it reeks of them trying to go a different direction with D4 for years and then last year right before Blizzcon 2018 they decided to scrap it and that is how we got the Diablo Immortal announcement and this is a year in the making.
I think Immortal was always going to be announced but that they had planned to announce D4 as well then killed the announcement a few weeks before, which is kind of supported by the CM who said the announcement we were all hoping for wouldn't be this year (2018) but that good things come to those that wait.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm surprised there's this many people emphasizing style in a game that's supposed to be played repeatably.

Style and narrative should come far after gameplay and design.

• 2Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
nofucks.PNG

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm surprised there's this many people emphasizing style in a game that's supposed to be played repeatably.

Style and narrative should come far after gameplay and design.
You're right. I think the gameplay vid didn't do a good job at showing off what they plan D4 to be, which says the game itself is pretty far away. The D3 gameplay reveal was much better, so as of right now, I'm just happy that they are working on D4.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Seriously not trying to sound like a trendy hater...

That was made with the D3 engine. That is the fucking druid class they talked about releasing 5 years ago.

This isn't a new game, they just brought back the cancelled D3 expansion after the drama from the mobile game announcement.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
A new game does to necessarily need a new fucking engine to be new, lol. Tons of franchises use the same engine for years, although with updates, and they do fine. I just hope the game is not boring like D3 is. I woudl also like to see some innovation in combat and end game. I hope they jsut dont plop down D3 skills with new bling and also D3 end game and expect people to eat the shit up, although you know they will.

• 2Like