Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Tyrael will now chat about his poor eating habits with less frequency

THANK
FUCKING
GOD

Champions and Rares can no longer spawn with four of the following monster affixes and the frequency at which they can spawn with three has been reduced
Arcane Enchanted
Desecrator
Fire Chains
Frozen
Frozen Pulse
Molten
Mortar
Orbiter
Plagued
Poison Enchanted
Wormhole
Champions and Rares can no longer spawn with both Plagued and Desecrator at the same time
What's the thinking behind this change?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
because some of those affix combos are total fucking bullshit probably, although nothing close to what they used to be, so QQ is probably a logical explanation.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fire Chains / HP link / Fast / Extra HP on those little squid fuckers is probably about as hard as I've gotten in terms of combos.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus so much to test, Wizard might be back in the mix for me and Crusader. I have a Vyrs set banked to try out this weekend. The Kadala buff for sets along with the double drop rate for the anniversary = $$$$$$

Time to fight with my chick tomorrow and do something really dumb so I can play all weekend.

Tenks

God dammit this couldn't come at a worse time. I have to get married this weekend. Time to leave her at the alter.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
because some of those affix combos are total fucking bullshit probably, although nothing close to what they used to be, so QQ is probably a logical explanation.
Well I don't like it if that's the case. There is something to be said for having someWhoa!challenge left in the game. If every champion or elite is roughly the same difficulty within a Torment it's kind of...uninteresting.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
TIN FOIL BRIGADE

Went home for lunch and lol.... check dem Wizard sources, didnt check the WD's.

Amen Blizzard, well played you vixens

dak

Time to fight with my chick tomorrow and do something really dumb so I can play all weekend.
Tell here the most recent patch resulted in a massive time-sensitive exploit that you need to capitalize on as much as possible before being fixed and that this change will let you "beat the game faster".

Told that to my chick a while back when I didn't want to go to a Sunday crawfish boil, she just gave me a confused nod and said ok.

She thinks Diablo ends and gets excited at the prospect, it's kinda cute mostly depressing.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I don't like it if that's the case. There is something to be said for having someWhoa!challenge left in the game. If every champion or elite is roughly the same difficulty within a Torment it's kind of...uninteresting.
Yeah I totally agree with you, but I've never played on anything higher than T3 so I don't know how bad some of those combos could have gotten on T4-T6.

Shit like Arcane Enchanted / Frozen / Jailer / Mortar are just stupid though.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Jesus so much to test, Wizard might be back in the mix for me and Crusader. I have a Vyrs set banked to try out this weekend. The Kadala buff for sets along with the double drop rate for the anniversary = $$$$$$

Been trying to get my last Vyr piece in forever.

When does this anniversary thing start? Any official dae/time mentioned?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want to give Seismic Slam a shot on my fire Barb. Ignore LoS is a nice touch. I'm not a fan of HotA really although I felt almost forced to use it. Shattered Ground perhaps now that it's not a knockback, to synergize with my Strongarm.

So is the Leapquake thing over? I'm guessing it heavily relied on generating fury from the earthquakes.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I want to give Seismic Slam a shot on my fire Barb. Ignore LoS is a nice touch. I'm not a fan of HotA really although I felt almost forced to use it. Shattered Ground perhaps now that it's not a knockback, to synergize with my Strongarm.

So is the Leapquake thing over? I'm guessing it heavily relied on generating fury from the earthquakes.
I always liked the control SS gave, the new changes will need some testing but look good.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Leapquake is still the best damage we get, but they really made it less fun. Pretty much have to take sprint off your bar, which is my primary reason for playing barbarian in the first place. Leaping 3 times only generates 45 fury, it's 50 just to cast your bar EQ. Can't really HOTA with it, even WW for mobility struggles. I've switched WW to maniac and berserker rage- I probably do even more damage now but it's slow moving between packs. Bounties are miserable- and I was looking forward to doing T6 caches after the buff. Will be stuck using the lightning barb on lower difficulties for them since 90% of bounties is just running around doing nothing.

To be honest, I could live with that. But nerfing the female animation (all they did was add a big pause where you're animation locked at the end) really makes it feel shitty- kind of like the charge animation. For all the times people say "well it's easier to nerf one thing than buff 10," Blizzard certainly had the option in this case to either buff one or nerf one and chose to nerf one. Making a smooth ARPG ability feel clunky on purpose is about the worst use of resources I can imagine.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Sigh, was hoping they would add a fire-based haunt rune or cold-based locust rune. No cold dogs either
frown.png

Wonder what the impact of that will be
Not much. Kinda irritated they switched bruiser to fire too. Restless needs a good 50% reduction on the cd on its enrage mode to make up for the utility of bruiser's stun.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well at least Gargs scale with elemental % bonuses now. WD's got a lot of really nice buffs this patch.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Heh, saw they removed the white item requirement so I crafted two devastators for kicks. Second one turned out surprisingly well, I can even reroll the strength up since it rolled a natural socket.

h6LvO3m.jpg

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit the fetish generation with toads is unbelievable. That change probably made the Rhen ho flayer the best WD weapon for fetish generator.