Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why do you feel as though Neversink is such a popular tool? What makes it so useful?
Most items drop Unidentified. How does NS help with filtering out stats? It's there to filter bases and ilvl and make hentai tentacle rape sounds when you get a big drop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmmm...why would one want to possibly filter out that... 🤔 . You're almost there...
You got serious "I'm just asking questions!" vibes.

Don't even try to compare these two games item tables. It's ok, nobody expects d4 items to be as good as a 10 year old game. Relax, I'm not attacking your game. I come in peace.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You got serious "I'm just asking questions!" vibes.

Don't even try to compare these two games item tables. It's ok, nobody expects d4 items to be as good as a 10 year old game. Relax, I'm not attacking your game. I come in peace.
Nobody said D4 doesn't have "junk" loot. But to pretend like every fucking item you pick up in PoE isn't littered with dogshit stats as well is fucking laughable. And that's proven by the fact that there is literally an item filter that makes the game totally unplayable if you don't have it.

You guys act like these problems ONLY exist in D4 because you have some autistic vendetta against Blizzard. Dogshit items with bad stats are literally core to the ARPG genre.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hmmm...why would one want to possibly filter out that... 🤔 . You're almost there...
But... this is going to blow your mind... you can see the names of the bases and understand which ones you don't need to bother looking at because the bases tell you what the static stats are. Also an int base is going to roll caster offensive/defensive stats and a str base will roll melee offensive/defensive stats.

In D4 there are a couple of bases per slot which are not indicated by the names, so you have to pick EVERYTHING UP and look at it only to find that your pants have crap like "you get 20% movement speed on low life".

I can't emphasise this enough: I'm playing Rogue and there are 2 melee weapon types to choose from which is either close damage for a dagger or crit damage for a sword. What the fuck.

Now again, you CAN critisise PoE for useless item explosions, but you can filter it yourself even without the in game filters, because it's better designed.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But... this is going to blow your mind... you can see the names of the bases and understand which ones you don't need to bother looking at because the bases tell you what the static stats are. Also an int base is going to roll caster offensive/defensive stats and a str base will roll melee offensive/defensive stats.

In D4 there are a couple of bases per slot which are not indicated by the names, so you have to pick EVERYTHING UP and look at it only to find that your pants have crap like "you get 20% movement speed on low life".

I can't emphasise this enough: I'm playing Rogue and there are 2 melee weapon types to choose from which is either close damage for a dagger or crit damage for a sword. What the fuck.

Now again, you CAN critisise PoE for useless item explosions, but you can filter it yourself even without the in game filters, because it's better designed.
If your entire point is that D4 needs an item filter - I agree.

But now you're backtracking on your initial point in that D4 has too many "bad stats/items" while making it seem like bad stats/items aren't a problem in PoE. It absolutely is a problem in PoE, it's just mitigated by the item filter.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So if you beat the campaign for the first time, and advance to nightmare, does the campaign not reset like the older games?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nobody said D4 doesn't have "junk" loot. But to pretend like every fucking item you pick up in PoE isn't littered with dogshit stats as well is fucking laughable. And that's proven by the fact that there is literally an item filter that makes the game totally unplayable if you don't have it.

You guys act like these problems ONLY exist in D4 because you have some autistic vendetta against Blizzard. Dogshit items with bad stats are literally core to the ARPG genre.
POE definitely has a "rare item" problem. Hopefully its fixed in POE2, but I'm not holding my breath. One thing I liked about D3 (still haven't played 4 yet past beta) over POE was actually getting meaningful upgrades as drops.

However, POE still had the better dopamine hits on the drops. Not sure if it was the loot filter sounds, or if they just spaced the drops out better in terms of getting upgrades.

Items, currency, jewels, gems whatever the fuck the point is to make your character more powerful. The loop is always about progressing, being able to kill faster, kill stronger, survive more and if it stops in anyway for extended periods of time it feels shit regardless if its POE or D4. Hopefully some of the QoL stuff they fix before S1, and from what people have been saying in this thread it sounds like they're on the right path so that's a good sign.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
If your entire point is that D4 needs an item filter - I agree.

But now you're backtracking on your initial point in that D4 has too many "bad stats/items" while making it seem like bad stats/items aren't a problem in PoE. It absolutely is a problem in PoE, it's just mitigated by the item filter.
I'm not backtracking, D4 has too many bad stats and no way to ID then. PoE has less bad stats and ways to filter out bad items from just the item names withiut using a filter.

So if you beat the campaign for the first time, and advance to nightmare, does the campaign not reset like the older games?
No, it's Genshin Impact rules. Story progress is maintained but the enemies and items level up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
PoE has less bad stats
It really doesn't.

Imagine if D4 had "Adds 1 to 50 damage to Flurry", then that same affix but for Twisting Blades, again for Dash, etc. Repeat for every skill, repeat for every class. And all of these can roll on an item. That's essentially PoE itemization. Just throw 900 affixes out there and pray you get the right RNG to not end up with a shit item.

PoE inundates the living fuck out of you with affixes. You have 70+ individual possibilities just on 1H axes alone.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
POE definitely has a "rare item" problem. Hopefully its fixed in POE2, but I'm not holding my breath. One thing I liked about D3 (still haven't played 4 yet past beta) over POE was actually getting meaningful upgrades as drops.

However, POE still had the better dopamine hits on the drops. Not sure if it was the loot filter sounds, or if they just spaced the drops out better in terms of getting upgrades.

Items, currency, jewels, gems whatever the fuck the point is to make your character more powerful. The loop is always about progressing, being able to kill faster, kill stronger, survive more and if it stops in anyway for extended periods of time it feels shit regardless if its POE or D4. Hopefully some of the QoL stuff they fix before S1, and from what people have been saying in this thread it sounds like they're on the right path so that's a good sign.
This is true and in no other game have I gotten stuck for over 3-4 days, playing some 6-8 hours a day with absolutely no upgrades, like in this game.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I remember when the only filters in PoE were third party. Such itemization!

1687555907967.png

• 3Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
PoE had some stupid extremes for sure. Sadly all the wrong lessons were learned from it and instead we got the boring ass shit stats of Dibbles 4.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember when the only filters in PoE were third party. Such itemization!

View attachment 479482
Im betting 100% of that shit is trash too.

But one thing that sets POE apart is that even if all thouse items are 100% trash, you can still sell them for crafting currency. In D4 youc an only sell them for gold, which is useful, dont get me wrong, but not as useful as those currencies are in POE.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Alright guys. Problem is that you actually have to go play the game and deal with those items now.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
who's buttfuck retarded enough to play poe w/o a loot filter oh it's a chris post

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They invested so heavily into voice acting and "side quests", that there was barely any resources left.

This is why I believe the first season or 2 will be nothing more than activity goals for existing activities already done as part of the normal game experience.

This was how the Immortal battlepass was done.

Dailies/weeklies in a battlepass format with reward tiers for existing activities done as part of the non-seasonal game anyway. Unlock cosmetics if you complete these activities when the battlepass says so during a season.

• 2Like