Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
My 30s Necro with the auto-cast corpse spells gem is the only thing I've tried so far that's actually fun, but I'm guessing that'll wear off around 50 too.

I think I've gotten my monies worth out of it at this point. I'm not a min/maxer. I'm not competitive in games. Don't hunt achievements and typically never even look at season passes or any of that stuff. I just like blowing shit up while I have a rum n rum and watch Fury for the 50th time.

I'm easy. I spent 10 years being entertained with flying helicopters under bridges in Battlefield 4. I'm fine with running around and auto-assploding corpses for fun.

I posted this while shitting and I thank you for teaching me this new term, sir. I will use it enthusiastically and excessively.
No dude lol, I’m literally treating 297,000 bbls of crude oil for h2s while playing on a rog ally.

Attachments

• IMG_5011.jpeg
    IMG_5011.jpeg
    658.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5004.jpeg
    IMG_5004.jpeg
    725.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 6Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 8 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
No dude lol, I’m literally treating 297,000 bbls of crude oil for h2s while playing on a rog ally.
Me too bro! I churned out about 3 logs of crude oil for Cajun potluck yesterday, while straining in my field office.

Man, that sentence has gotta look suspicious to these soft hands that aren't in our field and speak our lingo, eh?!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fired up PoE and it's significantly more fun than D4 even replaying Act 1-3 yet again.

Trying a Freeze Occultist and it's so satisfying making everything pop. They really let you go wild breaking the builds and doing stuff like freeze stunlocking everything, but still having things which are dangerous and will kill you if you fuck up.

PoE 2 is going to end D4, I want them to announce some QoL on currency bloat but they are already making the skill links better so that's a WoL win already.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Final review since I uninstalled it.

This game is at best average and has a significant number of contradictory game design goals that mean it functions poorly for all purposes:

They put in a massive open world simply to sell cosmetics, but there's basically zero world building or characters that stay around and you can barely make out details on the mud colored characters, so who cares. It feels less alive than rng zones from D2.

They make it an ARPG with giant complex skill trees to compete with PoE, but in order to balance it because it's a pvp MMO now or something, they made the entire thing pointless and vague so you don't care at all about it.

You're supposed to care about the content and collecting things and being a completionist because it's an MMO, but just reset every season and repeat with a lukewarm affix because that's a thing in ARPGs and they did it in D3.

Overall, it feels like they took their mediocre D3 sequel with tracked on D2 gfx and soulless PoE copycat tree and at the 11th hour they did a hand break turn to copy something something Lost Ark. In the end it's just bad at being anything that makes me want to play it because it occupies this shitty middle ground of shallow MMO, and slow and laborious ARPG.

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They make it an ARPG with giant complex skill trees to compete with PoE, but in order to balance it because it's a pvp MMO now or something, they made the entire thing pointless and vague so you don't care at all about it.
PvP isn't even remotely balanced, so that's definitely not why they did it that way.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I said a month back there doesn't seem to be a vision for this game. It's either a live service game, or it isn't. They haven't spent any development time in closed beta figuring out what type of game they want it to be.

Joe Shelly doesn't seem like he's prepared to answer that question anytime soon. We're getting rifts in season 3 or 4 like that's some kind of concession the open world is a failure I guess. They quickly accepted players don't want to interact with the world when they made the NM dungeon teleport change. That means rifts will likely not require any interaction with the open world either, unless they attach some slog currency grind to create stuff to open them/buff them.

Drastically nerfing stats on items people farmed in what little endgame they had killed it.

They took the top rolls and items people wanted, made them less powerful and desirable. Core players never saw any of these rolls on items. Only hardcores saw these nice rolled items-- yet it was taken away as a carrot for everyone across the board. The game couldn't afford to lose what little carrots loot had.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got Lv50 and WT3 with Blood Lance Necromancer, fixed my build with all the aspects I want and... now what?

No challenges other than Uber Lilith which rewards nothing, paragon board doesn't seem to offer much but +dogooder to offset the level scaling... meh.

Wrapping up season challenges, basically, if any of that appeals to you. The upper 50s were probably the worst grind personally, not getting any rewarding items because my affixes and items were more than adequate and didn't feel like micromanaging small upgrades and just biding my time / paragon to be able to make the jump to wt4. I wasn't getting higher level glyphs to drop for a while, could only do tier 1s and was utterly destroying them, progressing glyphs 4xp at a time, Zzzz.

I'm getting close to the same 'now what?' point, in the 80's on the battle pass and on the 2nd to last chapter of the season journey. Just got to WT4 w/ friends, but not yet able to handle it myself as a penetrating shot rogue at ~60. That'll change with a handful of drops but that's the fun right now, getting myself to that point via gear / paragon. When I do I should be about through the season chapters and the battle pass. Will be essentially done with the season outside of playing w/ friends and helping them get to that point as well. If I still have the itch to play at that point I'll probably fire up an alt, but between Techtonica, BG3 and some other random shit I've ADHD'd recently on like F1 that's unlikely.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Final review since I uninstalled it.

This game is at best average and has a significant number of contradictory game design goals that mean it functions poorly for all purposes:

They put in a massive open world simply to sell cosmetics, but there's basically zero world building or characters that stay around and you can barely make out details on the mud colored characters, so who cares. It feels less alive than rng zones from D2.

You're supposed to care about the content and collecting things and being a completionist because it's an MMO, but just reset every season and repeat with a lukewarm affix because that's a thing in ARPGs and they did it in D3.

Overall, it feels like they took their mediocre D3 sequel with tracked on D2 gfx and soulless PoE copycat tree and at the 11th hour they did a hand break turn to copy something something Lost Ark. In the end it's just bad at being anything that makes me want to play it because it occupies this shitty middle ground of shallow MMO, and slow and laborious ARPG.

I'm having fun. It just takes a while to actually get there. Like 60 levels in!

The PvP is just tacked on. It's a ghost town of a zone. I'm up to like 100k of those thingys with little to no effort in farming the elites.

BTW people. The best exp after you hit T4 until about 70ish is the PvP zone in the south west. PACKS of elites for your ancestral farming pleasure.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm having fun. It just takes a while to actually get there. Like 60 levels in!

The PvP is just tacked on. It's a ghost town of a zone. I'm up to like 100k of those thingys with little to no effort in farming the elites.

BTW people. The best exp after you hit T4 until about 70ish is the PvP zone in the south west. PACKS of elites for your ancestral farming pleasure.

Most of us have 80+ characters.

The s2 specific stuff does not carry over to those.

Why would anyone do the 1-55 slog again?

There is a reason pvp is dead.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wrapping up season challenges, basically, if any of that appeals to you.
LMAO the season journey stuff that's like "craft 10 potions"? I already have the ugly transmog!

I may just do the PoE ones since you get nicer stuff.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
What I find frustrating is that without an ingame party finder, I've basically played 90% of the game solo (and the clans I've found have sucked for grouping).

Tbh without Blizzard addressing that, I don't see myself playing this game any longer than 1-2 months from now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
LMAO the season journey stuff that's like "craft 10 potions"? I already have the ugly transmog!

I may just do the PoE ones since you get nicer stuff.

Not playing PoE so couldn't care less, but for anyone interested here are the season objectives. If you've finished what you want of the battle pass and don't want the affixes, resources or titles then no, there's no reason to work through the season journey.

Much of it you'll do normally over the course of a season (think a friend finished chapter 4 before chapter 3 even). Not sure I'll play the season long enough to finish Destroyer though.

What I find frustrating is that without an ingame party finder, I've basically played 90% of the game solo (and the clans I've found have sucked for grouping).

Tbh without Blizzard addressing that, I don't see myself playing this game any longer than 1-2 months from now.

Yeah if I wasn't playing w/ friends I'd have almost certainly moved on long ago. It's fun pushing nightmare tiers or spending time working on Elias in a capstone a half dozen levels earlier than we should be fighting him, stuff I wouldn't do for the most part solo.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not playing PoE so couldn't care less, but for anyone interested here are the season objectives. If you've finished what you want of the battle pass and don't want the affixes, resources or titles then no, there's no reason to work through the season journey.

Much of it you'll do normally over the course of a season (think a friend finished chapter 4 before chapter 3 even). Not sure I'll play the season long enough to finish Destroyer though.

Yeah if I wasn't playing w/ friends I'd have almost certainly moved on long ago. It's fun pushing nightmare tiers or spending time working on Elias in a capstone a half dozen levels earlier than we should be fighting him, stuff I wouldn't do for the most part solo.
Thanks for linking that, exciting stuff!!
Screenshot_20230726-220333_Chrome.jpg

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Doubt I'll kill Lilith or get level 100, the rest I'll probably do anyways over the next 2 weeks. May already have the 3 helltide mysteries unless that's wt4 specific and have killed at least 3 commanders.

Only thing I'd have to go out of my way to do is the PVP bit, and already did the earlier one for 2k.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The game isn’t finished, it should have released with an early access tag at best, or even better just cooked longer and released a year from now.

Yeah I don’t see any way I come back after this season until at least Season 4. Will probably forget about it for multiple years like I did with D3 and see what they’ve got when they finally drop an expansion. I did get my moneys worth, and am still enjoying Necro this season so far, but there is no long term staying power. Would never play this shit hardcore either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So I know I'm sounding like a broken record here. But didn't the devs play poe for 5mins before making seasonal content?

1) The malignant monsters are only basically in tunnels. Very rarely found in the over world.
2) there is no malignant "boss" to fight for seasonal only unique.
3) there's no malignant unique jewelry that has two sockets bit zero stats.
4) there is no malignant unique gems.

To me those would be just such basic ideas. Then also having malignant versions of the world bosses, and legion events.

Also maybe have malignant world boss by itself. And then also a malignant tunnel event that everyone does like the legion event.

Maybe it's the 20yrs of DMing in me. But like this is all stuff that should be so obvious it ounces them in the face.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users