Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

xzi

Mouthbreather
He said they're looking at a transmog system, didn't confirm nor deny but yeah.

100% Horse Armor is a thing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It looks like they allowed d3 modding and this is the product of a year or so of a pretty skilled community mod team (of like 4 people).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why would they do this again. "Not coming out soon, not even blizzard soon".

I thought they were better than announcing something and then waiting 6 years for it to release.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Will they ban me for saying "Free Hong Kong" in chat?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Why would they do this again. "Not coming out soon, not even blizzard soon".

Because there were virtual riots the last time they didn't announce D4. It's lose/lose for them, really. The only thing that would make people happy is if the game were already out and either fully offline (people bitching on Ars Technica) or a MMO (other forums) or a third person loot shooter or an exact reskin of DII or whatever other vision people have or never released at all because Blizzard sux.

It may be exactly a D3 remake with some engine enhancements and new server architecture, but I don't really care if the game is actually good. Judgement reserved until product delivery, but what we've seen is at least a sign that they're trying to listen to what their customers want. This demo is more or less straight service to the biggest, loudest chunk of the fan base.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Their current philosophy on trading at the moment are these like.. 3 tiers (my words, not his):

1) Freely-traded items, such as crafting mats, etc.
2) Items that can be traded once and then become soulbound
3) Items that can't be traded

No Auction House

Jesus fucking Christ, they just can't get away from non-tradeable shit. Fuck them and fuck this game. They have no idea what the ARPG genre has developed into without their stale shit.

• 2Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus fucking Christ, they just can't get away from non-tradeable shit. Fuck them and fuck this game. They have no idea what the ARPG genre has developed into without their stale shit.

It's a shame but have you played D2 recently? Its full of spam bots advertising the sale of items. 18 years after the games release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It's a shame but have you played D2 recently? Its full of spam bots advertising the sale of items. 18 years after the games release.

I think that is amazing; people still love it enough to make that an occurrence.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I paid for my Voodoo 5500 3dfx card in 2000 mostly from selling shako's and soj's right off ebay.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hey moderator, could you rename this thread to Diablah 3 DLC with cute CGI (no tits? gtfo!).

Where the eff is Diablo 2 remaster?

edit: So I just watched the opening ceremony, man that was so meh. Audience almost didn't give a fuck. There was some noise when they mentioned pvp and a druid class (wtf, blizzcon = furries I guess) but the rest was unenthusiastic.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
The awkward silences during the ow2 pannel where he was waiting for cheers.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you play this instead of Paths of Exile with Korrupt Korrupt and the boys????

Chop your balls of you commie.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If they can do up a good end game progression like POE has, instead of the rift/grift bullshit they currently have, will go a long way into revitalizing Diablo franchise.

Eh, while rifts/grifts aren't amazing by any means and PoE's overall endgame is deeper and probably better, I'll take adventure mode/bounties/rifts over mapping - especially since you can do it right away and not have to wade through the bullshit of repeating acts and labs ad nauseam.

The biggest issue is, by the time this sees the light of day, GGG will have released 4.0 and probably 8+ other seasons worth of content - thus making all of this outdated as fuck. Blizzard develops at a glacial fucking pace, especially for today's video game world. You can't be that slow anymore - our options are far too vast in comparison to what it was like 15-20 years ago when Diablo was the undisputed king of the ARPG market. I have a backlog I can't possibly ever hope to catch up with barring winning the lottery, and you expect me to play a game that'll likely be 2-4 years outdated(both from a graphics and gameplay standpoint)by the time it sees release?

If you're going to have the release pace that Blizzard does, you better make goddamn sure your polish is second to none, and Blizzard really can't even claim that anymore either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just watched Kripp play it. 10% D2, 90% D3. The same consolitis infected (do you fuckers not have a KEYBOARD?), cooldown throttled, spreadsheets more important than fun, design.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Look mediocre. I don't know why people want these grey/brown graphics. Maybe bright colors hurt their old boomer eyes.

Unfortunately until we see skill trees/itemization/end game we can't say anything about any of it. And we won't know that shit for another year at least.

Yeah, why would anyone want a dark, foreboding color palette in a game about demons and undead. Must be because they are "old" and aren't hip to how cool the color palettes in My Little Pony and Fortnite are.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I think that is amazing; people still love it enough to make that an occurrence.

This. Soul bindings ended up being one of the worst gaming mechanics to crawl out of Warcraft, it just destroys so much about what makes a game desirable to play. Find another solution to the secondary bad effects; non-trade items is a shit one.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
blizzard has already signalled they only care about that chinese audience. no thank you.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, I watched the cinematic and chubbed up, bigtime. I watched the "gameplay" footage and was a little meh.

Then I came here and now I am sad. Fuck you guys with your reality and your facts and your pinpoint knowledge of Diablo/Blizzard history.

FUCK. Now I am disappoint.

Well, I am also still at least a little intrigued, but if it is years away, not so much. By the time this comes out they will have missed their market, hard I think.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
These dev interviews being uploaded by youtubers today are like 80% "Uh, we've got a long way to go on that" responses.