Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I tried to play it, got to the character select screen and saw how feminine the men looked and had to return it. I can't in good conscious support that type of behavior, it only continues to encourage it for the future.

Just customize? Or am I missing the sarcasm here? it's hard to tell on these forums sometimes.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Well I tried to play it, got to the character select screen and saw how feminine the men looked and had to return it. I can't in good conscious support that type of behavior, it only continues to encourage it for the future.
Not an issue once you realize everyone's a biological woman.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Fuck I wish the women looked like women. I have no idea what that post means.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think most builds can get to a point its not as big an issue. It's just tedious getting there and once you are there, relying lucky hit sucks. D3 had the same issues, but leveling was over so fast and you jumped into a set armor that provided most of your defensive/offensive capabilities. Some builds still relied on certain stats/items to get resource back. Arcane Power on crit, was a big one for sorcs in that game. But you could easily get an item with it through the stat reroll and crit was a lot more reliable then lucky hit.

D2 had mana pots for most classes, or rejuv pots. It was forever ago, but I am pretty sure I remember leveling in that game and even farming end game, I had both and used them frequently. D2 also had no builder/spender system, it was all just abilities that spent resource iirc. So mana pots/leech were the only way to get it back. Honestly, probably a much better system. But I doubt they have anyone that worked on or plays d2 on their team.
I have to wonder if they have any real gamers on their teams at all any more. Nearly all the systems in D4 are stupid and pointless in some big way. Paragon...I don't know how they thought that was a good idea. Glyph radius is straight up laughable it is so retarded. Renown is another pointless tack on designed solely to drag out the game so they can show their bosses engagement metrics. All the renown rewards should be dungeon drops.

The grind to 100 is another poor decision. Look at how quickly people get to max level in D3. Again, in D4 this was done in the name of engagement metrics, but it is folly for the short terms because I sure as fuck am not going to play this shit again on an alt...and I know I am not the only one. Hell, I bet a massive % of players won't even hit 100 in this game as it is now.

Just as D3 was built around RMAH, D4 is built around Engagement Metrics and it really suffers for it.

Further highlighting Blizz has no gamers on staff, they can't iterate on games they already have. They took all the systems in D3 and shit them out siedways without understanding why they were put in to begin with. They do this in WoW, too. Best xpac of all time to BFA to SL to Dragonflight....this is not a company that employs gamers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have to wonder if they have any real gamers on their teams at all any more. Nearly all the systems in D4 are stupid and pointless in some big way. Paragon...I don't know how they thought that was a good idea. Glyph radius is straight up laughable it is so retarded. Renown is another pointless tack on designed solely to drag out the game so they can show their bosses engagement metrics. All the renown rewards should be dungeon drops.

The grind to 100 is another poor decision. Look at how quickly people get to max level in D3. Again, in D4 this was done in the name of engagement metrics, but it is folly for the short terms because I sure as fuck am not going to play this shit again on an alt...and I know I am not the only one. Hell, I bet a massive % of players won't even hit 100 in this game as it is now.

Just as D3 was built around RMAH, D4 is built around Engagement Metrics and it really suffers for it.

Further highlighting Blizz has no gamers on staff, they can't iterate on games they already have. They took all the systems in D3 and shit them out siedways without understanding why they were put in to begin with. They do this in WoW, too. Best xpac of all time to BFA to SL to Dragonflight....this is not a company that employs gamers.
Not to derail this thread with Starfield stuff, but one of the things I noticed was how many women Bethesda has working on the game. I don't think that bodes well. That's not to say women aren't gamers, but they also probably shouldn't be as overrepresented as they are compared to the general population of gamers. I can't imagine Blizzard is much different.

Heck, a lot of the guys looked more corporate type than actual gamers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bet thats why a lot of games now a days suffer. When you cant figure out why something in a game is so fucking stupid, or makes no sense, or isnt true to its origins, its probably because a woman or a young person developed it. Its like the same thing with the FF7 remake thread, wondering why certain things are happening etc. What does a 23 year old designer know about Sephiroth? He probably has no real connection with Final Fantasy 7, and doesnt really give a shit about the characters or their relationships.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Not to derail this thread with Starfield stuff, but one of the things I noticed was how many women Bethesda has working on the game. I don't think that bodes well. That's not to say women aren't gamers, but they also probably shouldn't be as overrepresented as they are compared to the general population of gamers. I can't imagine Blizzard is much different.

Heck, a lot of the guys looked more corporate type than actual gamers.

No, you are right, women aren't gamers. Sure there are exceptions, but just look at Twitch or YouTube or any other collection that provides video evidence that males are the ones playing the most, grinding it out, and ultimately making all the real content. Women game on Candy Crush, Farmville, and all those other casual games. Men game hardcore, and so their proportional representation in the development of games definitely tells a story.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Glyph radius is straight up laughable it is so retarded.
I do not understand why this was even bothered with. I agree 100% with the glyph system being retarded. I highly considered bypassing the glyphs in some cases and just go for the main paragons instead. If not for them being on the main path towards another board I would have just skipped them. I am hoping that is one of the things they will address given the universal condemnation of that part of the paragon system.

I am going for the completion stuff on the map while doing little hits when they pop up. The chat system is really quiet. I know I have trade on as I saw the first gold seller. 5000 Gold for $2.00. I about choked laughing at that. I seriously considered asking if they would buy my gold at half that. Given I have 15 million, I would gladly sell mine at that rate.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
No, you are right, women aren't gamers. Sure there are exceptions, but just look at Twitch or YouTube or any other collection that provides video evidence that males are the ones playing the most, grinding it out, and ultimately making all the real content. Women game on Candy Crush, Farmville, and all those other casual games. Men game hardcore, and so their proportional representation in the development of games definitely tells a story.

Same could be say for work, business, sports, hell pretty much anything. Men grind for perfection and excellence. Women try until it's hard then pull out their titties and a pineapple.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I do not understand why this was even bothered with. I agree 100% with the glyph system being retarded. I highly considered bypassing the glyphs in some cases and just go for the main paragons instead. If not for them being on the main path towards another board I would have just skipped them. I am hoping that is one of the things they will address given the universal condemnation of that part of the paragon system.

I am going for the completion stuff on the map while doing little hits when they pop up. The chat system is really quiet. I know I have trade on as I saw the first gold seller. 5000 Gold for $2.00. I about choked laughing at that. I seriously considered asking if they would buy my gold at half that. Given I have 15 million, I would gladly sell mine at that rate.

The glyphs are retarded as shit but they are straight up giant juice and boosts in power x10 to the 4th power so much so they have already nerfed them a dozen times.. once again people are Blizzard are turbo tarded and skilled the beta portion or some fag put a decimal point in the wrong place again.

Sassy Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
D4 very much feels like it was made by people who were there for a paycheck and not by people who are passionate about the game/IP and clearly not involved with D2.

Blizzard has been this way for awhile now: they think they are smarter than they are. They 'know better' than the old Blizzard North team and look at D2 and see bad design everywhere in one of the best games ever made. They want to fix everything they see is wrong about D2. The result is successive Diablo titles feel more shallow, watered down and shoehorned with MMORPG traits. Despite this, character stats in D3 and D4 are both a mess as if they were an afterthought.

Blizzard is making Diablo games less replayable with their design choices. I've no trouble doing PoE's story once a league (I like to regret orb instead of relevel, so only once, and I'm a one league a year guy generally) but the thought of doing D4's side quests and altars again is a hell no from me. Even if Blizzard chooses not to force us to redo those then that's still bad design because they made a large chunk of the game only to be seen by players once. Replayability is a core design goal of ARPGs. Making highly uninteresting (unavoidable with so many) side quests with forced dialog pauses in an ARPG is stupid. I don't even want to finish those once.

Surprised to see people liking the story. I thought it was a feminist circlebang, full of 'men are dumb crybabies, girls know better', plot elements that made no sense and retcons. (bible Lilith is a feminist icon so I suppose it's semi-appropriate) D4 feeling less cartoonish than D3 is true and positive but it's such a low bar. Several times I had to laugh at something that was clearly put in just to look horrific but it was just so superfluous and nonsensical.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think because they paid so much fucking money for the goddamn worthless voice actors they try and force you to listen to them. Instead I'll continue to skip every cut scene and dialog because we all know the story is uninteresting trash. ARPGs aren't meant for story and if you really want it use different mediums to tell it.

Maybe they didn't need to drop 30 mil on DickNuts_01 to tell me about Tal-Rashas asshole prolapse.

Also where are the fucking sets?

You know how we know this game is good, pretty much everyone leveling last week in discord is only for about 15 min at a time and most didn't even touch it by weekend #2.

Lost Ark lasted longer and it was designed by chinks to rob you with Microtransactions.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Lost Ark lasted longer and it was designed by chinks to rob you with Microtransactions.

Lasted? Elgacia in 4 days, Hell clown July, Aeromancer & Akkan August. Still going strong and getting monthly content patches.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And this is why I made such a big deal about not buying it right away.

In two weeks the shine not only wore off, but it sounds like this is a game most won't even play once seasons roll around.

Ironically enough, I think the $70 price tag is what saved me from this. Even at $50 I probably would've jumped in.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 10 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
And this is why I made such a big deal about not buying it right away.

In two weeks the shine not only wore off, but it sounds like this is a game most won't even play once seasons roll around.

Ironically enough, I think the $70 price tag is what saved me from this. Even at $50 I probably would've jumped in.

But that's the entire point. The honeymoon new player time frame when everyone on is the only time to get your money worth. You aren't paying for the game, you are paying for our retarded presence while you game. That doesn't come cheap.

• 3Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This forum loves to throw around "most".

They said a long time ago sets wouldn't be at launch. Hell I would be shocked to see them again, d3 was almost too reliant on them and d2 barely used them from what I remember. Not sure I trust them to find a good middle ground.

And I see plenty still playing, from those that have the feature turned on, but a drop in players is expected. I will probably be done this week. I just log in for 2-4 hours to do some renown, a couple helltides maybe a nightmare and done. No reason to be on every days for hours like the first week. My friends list is still almost all on this game surprisingly. Most of them are very casual though, they are still doing the damn story.

Seasons highly depends on what it is and does. Hard to make any decision atm.

I do agree with booze though, launches of online games are just fun in themselves, even a bad MMO is fun at launch for 1-2 weeks. I lasted I think 3 for lost ark. It's when the most people are ever going to be on that game really(besides some exceptions with expansions). Seasons in games are basically the same, be it d3, PoE, a shooter or what have you. Those 1-3 weeks are fun, as population skyrockets, then you hit the wall and just stop playing again until the next one.

I assume a lot of LAs ongoing ability is just enough players to keep it going and plus everything is done in and made for korea(where I assume its going somewhat stronger) and thus NA/EU benefits from trickle down.

Last edited: