Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is live maintenance tomorrow afternoon as well, so they might patch the game tomorrow.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
SSF in PoE is explicitly unbalanced/unsupported hardmode. While I can understand the appeal of SSF, judging PoE for their "implementation" of SSF is almost always going to leave you disappointed.

I wonder if this forum has enough support to run a forum-only SSF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
SSF in PoE is explicitly unbalanced/unsupported hardmode. While I can understand the appeal of SSF, judging PoE for their "implementation" of SSF is almost always going to leave you disappointed.

I wonder if this forum has enough support to run a forum-only SSF.
Not really judging, it's far too much time investment in SSF for a player like me to do end bosses. I imagine I'd have difficulty even if someone handed me the best gear and a lvl 100, just to be honest. That's my lack of skill/experience, not PoE itself.

Running the campaign is tiresome, but that's to be expected after years. Just be nice if you could skip doing it on your alts at least each season, but thats just my own opinion. I'm guessing people just group up and blast through it fast on standard leagues.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Who the fuck cares about SSF? This game barely has trading or grouping, nor a game past 85ish, nor is there balance between classes, or even between builds of the same class.

They learned nothing from D3. Even if they had, D3 just had fotm seasonal builds and a fuckton of unintended synergies which would make random classes wildly overpowered at times.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The combination of these affixes is stupidly beneficial:

20230706_142716.jpg

Every time you get hit you proc a screen wide AE, even though it says around you, the range is huge.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Necro is a pain in the ass. The fact I've got to have my golem and my skeletons on my bar taking up those valuable slots all because we're limited to six active skills because of consoles is annoying as hell. If the golem is your penultimate ability, why wouldn't it just always be active or summoned unless you decided a sacrifice it for the bonus. Hell if you sacrifice your golem, you should get your choice of all those sacrifice passives at the same time.

Druids look like they get the best shit.
my wife is my golem lulz, i really cant do shit until she kills a mob, haha

i mean

6slots
decrepitfy
ironmaiden
you need these 2 curses for their abilities (and the aspects where mobs take more dmg when double cursed)

4slot left
bone storm
blood mist

2 slot left
corpse explosion

1 slot left
something to kill mobs? use essence, blight/bone spear/bone prison?

once there is a corpse on the ground, i wreck shit

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
my wife is my golem lulz, i really cant do shit until she kills a mob, haha

i mean

6slots
decrepitfy
ironmaiden
you need these 2 curses for their abilities (and the aspects where mobs take more dmg when double cursed)

4slot left
bone storm
blood mist

2 slot left
corpse explosion

1 slot left
something to kill mobs? use essence, blight/bone spear/bone prison?

once there is a corpse on the ground, i wreck shit

Last slot could be skellies, use the reaper warriors that create corpses.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Last slot could be skellies, use the reaper warriors that create corpses.
but if you go for this build, you sacrifice all your minions for the benefits, and you get all the abilities and pargon that gives +bonus to sacrifice too
(i'm not saying the sacrifice bonus' are great, but if you sac 1 type of minion, you should sac em all)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
but if you go for this build, you sacrifice all your minions for the benefits, and you get all the abilities and pargon that gives +bonus to sacrifice too
(i'm not saying the sacrifice bonus' are great, but if you sac 1 type of minion, you should sac em all)
Yeah, you either sacrifice all your minions and can make something work, or keep them and struggle with not enough skills on your bar. It's just dumb that the gollum isn't an automatic thing. Every one of those six skill slots are so critical. So typically you have to dump a builder, especially if you want to keep blood mist, which seems mandatory at tier 4. I never needed it before getting there, but my minion guy was just constantly getting wrecked.

I switched over to a full bone spear build, and it seems pretty decent, but it's not why I wanted to play a necromancer. Maybe I just need to farm up better gear for the minion stuff to really come online. Was watching some different videos and it sounds like some of the minion stuff is just tweaked really off in regards to what stats affect them or benefit them. There's that aspect I think called frenzied dead that apparently doesn't even work.

The minion stuff was wonderful leveling up, and just a lot of fun, but at endgame I just don't know if it's viable right now without some serious gear.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Im level 53 and still wearing some gear that's level 30, mainly because of the aspects.

At what point can I safely start using all these mats and extracted aspects I've been saving up, without them being likely replaced 45 minutes later?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I would say in your early 60s you'll likely start finding gear that's good enough to put aspects on. That being said if you get a perfect ancestral aspect it's probably a good idea to hold it for better stuff.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Im level 53 and still wearing some gear that's level 30, mainly because of the aspects.

At what point can I safely start using all these mats and extracted aspects I've been saving up, without them being likely replaced 45 minutes later?

Well the way it is now you sacrifice infinitely more gear than you actually find usable pieces so I'd just use the aspects whenever you find a new piece of gear that you like. Maybe if (for instance, as a twisted blades rogue) I find a max +% damage on a twisted blades aspect I'll save it for a really great crossbow but with the rate at which loot drops that just means I'll be saving it forever.

I think the most solid advice I can give with the current state of loot is to wait until you progress a tier (getting sacred or ancestral), hit the hellfire rifts, and use your affixes any time you find a piece of gear that is up a quality level over what you're previously using that doesn't have half useless stats. And if you find that gamechanging max-roll aspect you can save it for the off chance that you get a BiS or blizzard fixes the loot system.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
50's is a decent place to start putting aspects on at least a few pieces of gear that will enable your build. I thought leveling started to slow down around lvl 60 but by the mid 60's I had easily been putting aspects on every piece of gear. Between getting guaranteed legendary items via tree of whispers and other random ones it is not difficult. Helltides are the best venue for getting a large number of them too.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I keep losing half my shards to random deaths in the helltides. Those have been pissing me off, but I've been doing the tree of whispers stuff a bunch. Still haven't tried a nightmare dungeon

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, you either sacrifice all your minions and can make something work, or keep them and struggle with not enough skills on your bar. It's just dumb that the gollum isn't an automatic thing. Every one of those six skill slots are so critical. So typically you have to dump a builder, especially if you want to keep blood mist, which seems mandatory at tier 4. I never needed it before getting there, but my minion guy was just constantly getting wrecked.

I switched over to a full bone spear build, and it seems pretty decent, but it's not why I wanted to play a necromancer. Maybe I just need to farm up better gear for the minion stuff to really come online. Was watching some different videos and it sounds like some of the minion stuff is just tweaked really off in regards to what stats affect them or benefit them. There's that aspect I think called frenzied dead that apparently doesn't even work.

The minion stuff was wonderful leveling up, and just a lot of fun, but at endgame I just don't know if it's viable right now without some serious gear.

I broke into WT4 with my necro, solo at level 64. It was tough, capstone Elias boss took me about 8-9 tries, but I got it. At 64-65 or so, WT4 was pretty slow as my shit was dying constantly. But as I leveled to 67-69 somewhere in there, they started living much longer and now it's barely noticeably different from WT3. I have never run blood mist, I'm a pet/bone spear/corpse explosion build just because I was throwing shit I enjoyed all together and trying to make it work.

Nowhere in there did I get items or paragon shit that would have affected my minion survivability; I already had the minion board and its minion hp/damage reduction nodes filled in. All this to say, as long as you're not TOO underleveled in WT4, I think you should be able to survive without bloodmist, so you could swap it for the skeletons and you'd have a ton of minions running interference for you.

My current build is Skellies, Golem, Bone Shards(?) builder, Bone Spear, Army of Dead, Corpse Explosion. Howling whatever gloves that make corpse explosion spawn skellies that kamikaze into mobs.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You will eventually want to do Nightmare dungeons as that is the best XP in the game at the moment. It is not sadly the best loot. It can be but you can get the best loot from many sources. It is all random so getting quantity is key for the best chance.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
You will eventually want to do Nightmare dungeons as that is the best XP in the game at the moment. It is not sadly the best loot. It can be but you can get the best loot from many sources. It is all random so getting quantity is key for the best chance.
Wasn’t that the issue in D3 early on as well. People were just scumming pots for drops and gold.

Fucking Blizzard.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Developer stream has started, leading w/ Immortal stuff (announced new class for Immortal, Blood Knight)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

From what I remember of the Maxroll guide:
I started upgrading as soon as I got to WT3 after completing the campaign at around 51. Taking off and applying aspects is cheap enough once Legos start dropping regularly in WT3. Be aware, you can only take off and apply the aspect once, so if you get a perfect roll, you may want to keep it till 60+. AFAIK, item level is secondary to stats/high rolls on everything but weapons.

Enchanting is the big cost, and it's probably best to wait until WT4 for that, or at least 60+.

Maxroll guide also recommended to start selling, instead of DEing, all blues and yellows (unless the yellow was Sacred), when getting to WT3. I would dump all sacred into the last bank tab, then evaluate them in batches once the tab was full, selling any that I didn't want to use.

• 1Like