Seems right.

4dhp0fexg2db1.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
That one is funny but completely false so I can't worf it. I am probably gonna put a couple hours into the season but probably not many and almost certainly not enough to finish the pass.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well it seems most have it right. The nerfs were just so the season mechanic can fill the gap power wise. Which is just so lazy. In all my time playing POE I never once felt weakened by the league starting. They just added to it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
100 WW/Bleed Barb. Full paragon. I am by no means some build maker, but it wasn't rocket science on what did and did not work. Plus my gear was totally average. Take that all in.

I was at 71 NM. I can not complete above 67. This is with me now going full on defensive on gear and dropping my ultimate for Iron Skin. This is with me totally changing my paragon board and a couple glyphs I didn't really use, I am now using to make up for some offensive stats. Some I must admit I should have been using prior.

What's fucking me is the CDR nerf. I was never at 100% up time on shouts, there was little less than a 2 second gap for me. Now it's more than 5. BUT me using Iron Skin kind of gets me to where I was previously as far as playstyle and survivability. Me waiting for shouts makes things feel clunky again. This will make leveling even more a PITA with Barb rage issues pre gear/levels.

I noticed during the Helltides now, that the people in T4 and are like 70ish or whatever are dying all over the place. It's fuckin hilarious. People have to wait for more peeps to do some of the harder events. So keep that in mind as you level. I was barely able to collect 5 (down to the minute) mystery chests yesterday when I was grabbing 6 and quite a few one offs prior.

The vulnerable nerf along with every other nerf effected my Barb clearly, but not so much as the defensive and CDR nerfs. Shits killing me.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
100 WW/Bleed Barb. Full paragon. I am by no means some build maker, but it wasn't rocket science on what did and did not work. Plus my gear was totally average. Take that all in.

I was at 71 NM. I can not complete above 67. This is with me now going full on defensive on gear and dropping my ultimate for Iron Skin. This is with me totally changing my paragon board and a couple glyphs I didn't really use, I am now using to make up for some offensive stats. Some I must admit I should have been using prior.

What's fucking me is the CDR nerf. I was never at 100% up time on shouts, there was little less than a 2 second gap for me. Now it's more than 5. BUT me using Iron Skin kind of gets me to where I was previously as far as playstyle and survivability. Me waiting for shouts makes things feel clunky again. This will make leveling even more a PITA with Barb rage issues pre gear/levels.

I noticed during the Helltides now, that the people in T4 and are like 70ish or whatever are dying all over the place. It's fuckin hilarious. People have to wait for more peeps to do some of the harder events. So keep that in mind as you level. I was barely able to collect 5 (down to the minute) mystery chests yesterday when I was grabbing 6 and quite a few one offs prior.

The vulnerable nerf along with every other nerf effected my Barb clearly, but not so much as the defensive and CDR nerfs. Shits killing me.
Yeah my barb is back to feeling terrible again, and my crit dmg seems to cut in half, shit sucks.

Way too lazy to change all my para pts too so I'll probably spend an hour or two with a new seasonal character tonight and watch how laughably bad their answer is tomorrow.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I was killing shit in 24-26ish NMD on my shitty geared barb, but it just constantly felt annoying clunky and not fun at all. Man those corpse bows really suck now past 25+, always sitting off screen and always catch me when I'm not watching.

I really just want to have the least amount of stress, finish off the battlepass/season, and leave this turd alone until it's out of beta next year. Figure I'll go some variation of necro or penetrate rogue.

Trying to figure out which class is least stressful to play, rather than which one is most fun. Good fucking job Blizzard.

• 2Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well it seems most have it right. The nerfs were just so the season mechanic can fill the gap power wise. Which is just so lazy. In all my time playing POE I never once felt weakened by the league starting. They just added to it.
Yea it's lazy and I dislike it and I still think they need more power creep in this game not less or equal.

PoE has a tendency to overtune the shit out of their league mechanics and then nerf them over the first week or two which is basically the same thing just in a slightly different manner.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
3.15 would be the notable exception.

That said, the way you worded it is very specific. "...felt weakened by league starting.". PoE's playerbase is accustomed to the cyclical nature of leagues and inherently feeling weaker than at the end of the previous league. Thus, the balancing GGG does in between leagues is very hard to tease apart from starting over. Except when it's very large(mana multipliers in 3.15) or very specific(types of builds) changes.

It might have been better for this patch to go live with the season and only affect the seasonal servers. It's still a very negative patch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I was killing shit in 24-26ish NMD on my shitty geared barb, but it just constantly felt annoying clunky and not fun at all. Man those corpse bows really suck now past 25+, always sitting off screen and always catch me when I'm not watching.

I really just want to have the least amount of stress, finish off the battlepass/season, and leave this turd alone until it's out of beta next year. Figure I'll go some variation of necro or penetrate rogue.

Trying to figure out which class is least stressful to play, rather than which one is most fun. Good fucking job Blizzard.
I don’t know how anyone would want to play hardcore now. For the first time ever (on my SC character) I’m getting one shotted by those corpse bows like you mentioned. No warning - just me suddenly dead and trying to figure out what just happened, only to run back where I died to find a corpse bow off screen.

I can’t imagine losing a HC character to some bullshit like that.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
HOTFIX 1 - JULY 18 & 19, 2023 - 1.1.0
Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the overall drop rate of Aberrant Cinders in Helltide was lower than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where Seeds of Hatred could be collected at an extreme rate when using the Hatred’s Chosen buff against Necromancer minions and Druid pets. This buff has now been re-enabled with this hotfix.
Miscellaneous
  • Further stability improvements.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
When they were 'making the campaign harder' a few leagues back and you could get charge/stunlocked to death by the stupid 2 legged monsters in the second zone, thats about it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Gameplay Updates​

Season of the Malignant​

Items
  • Malignant Hearts will now always grant armor that directly maps with their item power.
World Tiers
  • Removed the level requirement for World Tiers III and IV

Fucker

Log Wizard
It is the Blizzard Way. They did this big time in legion with the SL patch. My characters all felt powerful at the end of Legion, then with SL patch they might as well been reduced to level 1. Of course, they got tired of us whining about borrowed power, so they went to no power in DF.

Taking things away that we already had and making us regain them is a really shit way of doing things.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
When they were 'making the campaign harder' a few leagues back and you could get charge/stunlocked to death by the stupid 2 legged monsters in the second zone, thats about it.
Rhoas in the mud flats are definitely jarring. You CAN trivialize them with some practice, it's just too big a spike too soon.

GGG already taking pot shots at Blizzard. You can get a heart MTX as a twitch drop watching ExileCon.

• 3Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Decided to give Mac's latest Blood Lance Necro build a go for the season, really peaked my interest.
Since it's an Overpower build, according to him not hurt so much by the Crit and Vulnerable nerfs. Tried it out this evening, got to 20 very quickly and feels really resilient tanking everything. Blood orbs everywhere so I'm constantly getting topped off. Fun to play even at this very early stage, which is super important to me, and it uses a shield =)

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t know how anyone would want to play hardcore now. For the first time ever (on my SC character) I’m getting one shotted by those corpse bows like you mentioned. No warning - just me suddenly dead and trying to figure out what just happened, only to run back where I died to find a corpse bow off screen.

Well at least they're copying some things over from PoE.

lost

<Bronze Donator>

Ya lastnight I tried a tier 51 on my 86 rogue and i walked through a door way into a corpse bow bolt and died instantly. Didnt even see it on screen before I died. lol