Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Just soloed the wt2 capstone at 46, hit 47 mid dungeon and it was easier than I remembered.

Glad that part is over with but the xp gain is terrible compared to a few weeks ago, grind to WT4 gonna suck :(

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Just soloed the wt2 capstone at 46, hit 47 mid dungeon and it was easier than I remembered.

Glad that part is over with but the xp gain is terrible compared to a few weeks ago, grind to WT4 gonna suck :(
What class? I tried it L50 w/necro. Some of those big knights killed my golem and all my skeles before I knew what was going on. :eek:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
What class? I tried it L50 w/necro. Some of those big knights killed my golem and all my skeles before I knew what was going on. :eek:
Barb, probably helps that its the same class I played initially pre-season. Also, if you haven't completed them already, do a few Onyx Watchtower and Temple of Rot runs, they are Strongholds but if you dont finish them and leave / re enter the game you can re-clear em. Onyx Watchtower dropped like 4 or 5 upgrades for me in less than 30 mins.
I also upgraded my gear but I dont know of that made much of a difference.

Great xp one way or another, someone in discord told me but apparently it is a known leveling trick from Maxroll / Icyveins

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I spoke to a game dev friend of mine who's worked on several games with high A-ness including borderlands.

He said that it just sounds like absolutely horrendous network design, like the generic college intern was in charge of character data sending. If he had to guess of any conceivable reason why they would do this, is to pre-download assets for characters that might change their outfits on the fly but even that would be a huge waste to avoid what would be slightly increased latency between a player changing their outfit and another player seeing it. When coded right, this kinda thing is essentially free other than space on a hard disk.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I spoke to a game dev friend of mine who's worked on several games with high A-ness including borderlands.

He said that it just sounds like absolutely horrendous network design, like the generic college intern was in charge of character data sending. If he had to guess of any conceivable reason why they would do this, is to pre-download assets for characters that might change their outfits on the fly but even that would be a huge waste to avoid what would be slightly increased latency between a player changing their outfit and another player seeing it. When coded right, this kinda thing is essentially free other than space on a hard disk.
Even for changing outfits only the fly, it makes a lot more sense to just show the old one until the new one loads. I can’t think of one legitimate reason to preload things you aren’t seeing.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are you not using the heart that resummons them? I did it at 47 as a Necro.

I had a few moments when I had to back off to resummon but no big deal, they never died all at once.

Are you using a damage spell?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are you not using the heart that resummons them? I did it at 47 as a Necro.

I had a few moments when I had to back off to resummon but no big deal, they never died all at once.

Are you using a damage spell?

How much of a damage loss is bloodsurge useeage over your blood lance build? You think it'd be doable at 47 without blood lance build?

Chris

Potato del Grande
How much of a damage loss is bloodsurge useeage over your blood lance build? You think it'd be doable at 47 without blood lance build?
The summons buying time to get those overpower procs is a big part of the build, I was hitting for like 600 on normal hits then 6k on overpower.

Then it's single target you need for the knights and bosses, AoE from just auto Skeletons and auto Corpse Explosion was never a problem.

You may as well give it a go, but the Capstone was MUCH harder preseason with my AoE only Rogue build.

You could probably just spec into Blood Lance for the capstone, I didn't have that much +life/overpower and stuff that scales Bloodsurge will scale Blood Lance too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
18oyto.jpg

jurassic-park-shoot-her (1).gif

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
All cross platform multiplayer games are dogshit. Change my mind.

• 2Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I did it at 46 as a sever/reap necro. Was a challenge for sure but just dodge them big knights!

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Started on T3 and while I'm a bit squishy at 48 it works okay with Twisting Blade build. Got Sacred Grasp of Shadows, those should be worth using right? Not that I have anything better anyway to use in that slot.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
After playing a necro before season 1 started - it's nice and refreshing playing a barbarian. Not squishy, lots of mobility and just wading in and SMASHING shit feels good.

• 2Like

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So apparently you can get the 10 tree of whispers season quest done by completing it one time and just dropping the cache and picking it up 10 times. Not sure if patched yet.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So apparently you can get the 10 tree of whispers season quest done by completing it one time and just dropping the cache and picking it up 10 times. Not sure if patched yet.

If they patch or fix any of these things it seems like people would be less likely to play future seasons. It's already an ass-dragging grind to get any enjoyment of the mid to end game. Hotfixing or taking out shortcuts to their barely-any-fun game isn't going to build any goodwill for future seasons.

Right now my main source of leveling is resetting strongholds repeatedly by logging in and out without finishing the stronghold. If that got fixed without them adjusting the exp curve of the game I for sure would not consider any future season, knowing how bad the grind already is.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
40-50 the game just becomes a drag, and that's just in tier 2, when you in the shittiest gear. Too much HP on trashy mobs, too many built in CC abilities for trash, combined with CC from rares mixed in, it begins to feel too much, when you at a point in the game you just struggling to get to helltides/NMD, and actually start a real build. I even blow mats and gold keeping gear upgraded/imprinted while leveling, can't imagine some regular joe gamer plodding through this shit.

Trash shouldn't have CC at all, only rares/bosses/minions should spawn with that shit, same with the avoidance/sidestepping shit, cut their HP some even a good 25% be about rght. Spawn more trash. Boom you just fixed a chunk of the game. Fix the loot, throw in random big name bosses into NMD and helltides, and we might be onto a decent game. I'd love to be doing a helltide, and a random empowered andariel fucks up everyones day, until players gang up and kill her.

Nah, we'll just learn new ways to make money hats on Boobys new yacht, and practice our sad faces for our next bullshit fireside chat.
Came here looking for confirmation bias and found it.

I got to about level 45 with my barbarian and noticed things slowing down substantially. By the time I hit mid-47, it was taking me forever to kill trash mobs and I rage quit in the middle of a dungeon and haven't logged back in since.

These asshats have done a fuck-ton of shit wrong, and here is another - leveling balance. The mobs seem overtuned around the time you transition from Tier 2 to 3.

Pace of play is very important to me, and this issue broke me. I did not uninstall, I MAY try again, but it will be a while before I do. I suppose I should have done the capstone dungeon and started farming Tier 3 sooner.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Came here looking for confirmation bias and found it.

I got to about level 45 with my barbarian and noticed things slowing down substantially. By the time I hit mid-47, it was taking me forever to kill trash mobs and I rage quit in the middle of a dungeon and haven't logged back in since.

These asshats have done a fuck-ton of shit wrong, and here is another - leveling balance. The mobs seem overtuned around the time you transition from Tier 2 to 3.

Pace of play is very important to me, and this issue broke me. I did not uninstall, I MAY try again, but it will be a while before I do. I suppose I should have done the capstone dungeon and started farming Tier 3 sooner.
It's funny because I just hit the point it becomes "easier" again 57-58. 45-60 are shit, because you either wearing old shit, or random shitty shit, you feel weak all around, nothing is really focused to your build, unless its old shit, or you have a horseshoe up your ass.

They really need to smooth out 1-50, more basic stats that are effective for those levels, some fun/utility and then gradually introduce more complex affixes, and make basic stats return to as is now around 55 - ie softcap them.

I'm actually having a lot of fun now with my own custom Penetrating Shot build, it's more built towards poison, and with the combo I'm running, I have near unlimited poison imbue. I may drop all shadow from build completely, not sure yet. Energy issue is sol;ved with Puncture, and that has a chance to spawn poison pools for me as well, I constantly have them during fights, it's great. I'm actually having to much fun. Funny how the game isn't too bad if shit dies reasonably fast, and your moving around at a faster pace, it really doesn't take much.

Once I get Eaglehorn, it's basically going to turn into a Caustic Arrow with Nimi's type build from PoE, I can't wait.

I suppose I'm able to run people through capstone now if needed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a few reasons can feel like they hit a wall going from WT2 to WT3.

One is the mobs are level 55+. If you're going in at level 45ish, you're going to have a rough go because mobs basically over-ride defense mechanics with level checks so shit like poison and other affix related damage will just gib you. Your resists/armor/dodge chance are tuned for mobs at your level and are much worse for mobs above your level.

Two is your weapon. If you're going into WT3 and you have a level 40ish weapon like a lot of people probably do, you're going to do shit damage. Base weapon power is a huge chunk of your dps scaling. I'd recommend if you're going from WT2 to WT3 to dump your Obols on weapons as that's the single greatest piece of power increase you can get. You can actually use the Attack Power character stat to see how much your raw power goes up with new weapons. I think I went from something like 800ish at the end of WT2 to 2100ish pretty fast with a Sacred weapon setup.

Three is sacreds. Sacred gear is like 25% more power. Getting Sacred gear and upping it, especially weapons, but also jewelry can hit some thresholds with BIG power boosts such as massive changes from stuff like 225hp on an item to nearly 500hp on the same item when +5'd. Unless you're hard up for mats/money don't loot anything that isn't Sacred. Once you're set up you'll be blasting Sigils so fast it's just a waste of precious inventory space.

Basically upgrade your weapon to Sacred ASAP, try to get to ~52ish even if WT2 if you have to, and make sure if you have a build you're plugging in the best aspect you can in it's respective neck/weapon slot for maximum aspect power.

• 1Like