Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Uber unique drop rate about 2%

Lmao this game is so scuffed, who (side from retard streamers) is going to farm these 50 times when the upside is you get an item that helps you... Oh wait there's literally nothing else to do?

I don't know they seem to have lost the plot here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lmao this game is so scuffed, who (side from retard streamers) is going to farm these 50 times when the upside is you get an item that helps you... Oh wait there's literally nothing else to do?

I don't know they seem to have lost the plot here.

First thing that crossed my mind was these dudes must be mental.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lv75. Got all Ancestral gear including another Staff of the Crone.

Cranked up the nightmare dungeons from lv75 mobs to lv115 and it was fine. Tried Uber Lilith and have enough DPS to down her, I just got one shot by mechanics and not sure if it's a learn the fight thing or a level up thing.

The game is just too easy. This kind of infinite scaling doesn't work.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If you are strictly SSF it indeed sucks but if you group up and everyone brings materials for 10 that's 40 shots at it.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Lv75. Got all Ancestral gear including another Staff of the Crone.

Cranked up the nightmare dungeons from lv75 mobs to lv115 and it was fine. Tried Uber Lilith and have enough DPS to down her, I just got one shot by mechanics and not sure if it's a learn the fight thing or a level up thing.

The game is just too easy. This kind of infinite scaling doesn't work.
Game is way too easy if you pick the right spec, PITA if you don't. There's no point in adding a bunch of different options if only one of them works. Illusion of choice, which is is Blizzard's forte.

Loot is still trash, and I'm back to the whole not getting any upgrades thing. I'm only L70 and already hit the boredom wall. I haven't seen a single person out in the open world in days. I guess people already quit playing?

• 1Worf

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
S2 has actually a pretty solid pace. Alternating blood harvest and hell tides, throwing in world bosses and nightmare dungeons is really fun now with the reduced level exp requirement. Also I drown in uniques now? Looted like 20 from 60 to 80 alone in NDs.

They really need to change some of the skills so there is a broader meta and fix the gear. D4 is way better compared to launch, really.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
S2 has actually a pretty solid pace. Alternating blood harvest and hell tides, throwing in world bosses and nightmare dungeons is really fun now with the reduced level exp requirement.
Blood Harvest is perfect and fun. It needs to have more than 3 variations.

Helltide is too slow and restrictive by comparison. It should be open all of the time, be more dangerous with Blood Harvest density, award more currency and the currency carry over.

Nightmare Dungeons are fine but glyphs exp is too slow.

They boosted the exp and loot with Blood Harvest, but everything else is at the old slow pace.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
40% more exp is noticable, really. Also Helltide is okay now with mobs giving more exp and better mob density. Ride around mosh shit until you have enough splinters, open some chest (they award 300K, 700k and 1mill exp opening each, btw). Look for a mini boss and do some events. I get why they gate some boss spawning behind it and not allow chest to be looted 24/7.

Grieg and the beast in ice are way undertuned. Grieg is 75 in WT4 and hits like a wet noodle, the beast ist 85 in WT4 and the whole fight is just avoiding some horizontal gusts. But that's just numbers. S2 gave me some hope they can make this work longtime. Some tuning here and there, sets, a new class maybe.

Last edited:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
40% more exp is noticable, really. Also Helltide is okay now with mobs giving more exp and better mob density. Ride around mosh shit until you have enough splinters, open some chest (they award 300K, 700k and 1mill exp opening each, btw). Look for a mini boss and do some events. I get why they gate some boss spawning behind it and not allow chest to be looted 24/7.

Grieg and the beast in ice are way undertuned. Grieg is 75 in WT4 and hits like a wet noodle, the beast ist 85 in WT4 and the whole fight is just avoiding some horizontal gusts. But that's just numbers. S2 gave me some hope they can make this work longtime. Some tuning here and there, sets, a new class maybe.
Yeah, so far they are slowly moving in the right direction....... I just hope they can find an enjoyable way for the minmaxers like myself to tweak the difficulty and really try to push my build to the highest level.

Right now all we really have is Lillith, and I am not high enough yet this season, but I'm also fully familiar with all of the mechanics, so I don't think killing her this season will be a problem. Plus, it sounds like her HPs were lowered a decent amount after the vuln/crit changes.

The other thing I hate is that upgrade / enchanting materials are gated behind the helltides, with no other way to farm them as far as I can tell. I've actually been keeping my equipment at level four and not really rerolling anything because I don't have many of the materials needed.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, so far they are slowly moving in the right direction....... I just hope they can find an enjoyable way for the minmaxers like myself to tweak the difficulty and really try to push my build to the highest level.

Right now all we really have is Lillith, and I am not high enough yet this season, but I'm also fully familiar with all of the mechanics, so I don't think killing her this season will be a problem. Plus, it sounds like her HPs were lowered a decent amount after the vuln/crit changes.

The other thing I hate is that upgrade / enchanting materials are gated behind the helltides, with no other way to farm them as far as I can tell. I've actually been keeping my equipment at level four and not really rerolling anything because I don't have many of the materials needed.
It really sucks when you are having a blast in the vampire zone but need to go to helltide because it just popped on it's stupid time limit.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Adding another difficulty with a dungeon at 90 seems like an easy way to fix some of that, and while they're at it boost the 2nd difficulty's rewards so there's a reason to ever actually use it

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

Well, they aren't moving in the right direction. All they have done is release a few laughably OP builds and an XP boost so the streamers have something to jerk off to. All the top bosses die in seconds. What is the point of playing the game other than loading up some streamer's McBuild and playing through a game where there is exactly 0 challenge?

The core of the game is still complete trash. The loot is trash, the paragon board is a bad joke and their wizard chores get really boring by level 65. Further, there's fuck all for build diversity at all. For instance, Sorcerer has one build this season. My spec has zero build changing or defining gear; it is McLoot and nothing else.

The big shit is they have absolutely nothing beyond recycling some shitty ideas and making everyone start over every season, and none of the powers stay with your character. Memba in WoW, we all hated borrowed power? This is the same exact thing, but worse because you have to do that boring ass 1-100 level grind again. Devs are still lazy and stupid, and trying to cloak their inability to design and develop a game beyond OP specs is plainly evident the moment you ding past level 50.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well, they aren't moving in the right direction. All they have done is release a few laughably OP builds and an XP boost so the streamers have something to jerk off to. All the top bosses die in seconds. What is the point of playing the game other than loading up some streamer's McBuild and playing through a game where there is exactly 0 challenge?

The core of the game is still complete trash. The loot is trash, the paragon board is a bad joke and their wizard chores get really boring by level 65. Further, there's fuck all for build diversity at all. For instance, Sorcerer has one build this season. My spec has zero build changing or defining gear; it is McLoot and nothing else.

The big shit is they have absolutely nothing beyond recycling some shitty ideas and making everyone start over every season, and none of the powers stay with your character. Memba in WoW, we all hated borrowed power? This is the same exact thing, but worse because you have to do that boring ass 1-100 level grind again. Devs are still lazy and stupid, and trying to cloak their inability to design and develop a game beyond OP specs is plainly evident the moment you ding past level 50.

I can't even remotely debate about the loot. You're right. But let me address the rest.

I have played nothing but Barbarian so I can't comment on any other class but I can say that there are now 5 legit viable builds as far as build diversity goes. Last season there was one. HOTA. This comes from the season powers. The revamped uniques. The overpower stat being good now. The buffing of skills. Stat caps which are easy to hit. The revamping of the resists. I'm sure other classes (not all) are in the same boat. For the record I have tried all those builds without this seasons powers. They go from OP as fuck DOWN TO great.

These are all changes in the right direction. Now just balance that shit out.

You are also correct that bosses are laughable easy, which I complained about day two. BUT these are very easy fixes. World bosses just needs a HP to high fuck buffs, pools of AOE damage that matter, and a quick quick must avoid mele and ranged attack that won't intsa gib you, but fuck you up enough that means next hit you potentially die. The mechanics on the new bosses are actually great. They just don't matter after 75. At 100 they need to scale to the same danger level when you were lets say 65. You all know what I mean. Overall the INITIAL fights if you haven't outgeared/leveled them are fun.

They addressed a bunch of QOL issues, and made small/big changes that a lot of us here were asking for. The grind. The horse. Bank space. Gold amounts. Respec costs. Mob density ETC. These are things that they pretty much did a 180 on. Not giving them credit for going against the grain of what bullshit they were trying to pull season one isn't fair. At least acknowledge they conceded to the mass exodus and fixed a ton of shit that needed fixing. At least give the alcoholic credit for going to AA.

I'm not sure what you're looking for in innovations from D4, but most of these games are all the same.

Last Epoch (just using this since it's the last ARPG I played) for example at it's core has added what? Traveling through time? Everything else is standard fair, just cleaned up. I haven't touched Last Epoch in more than a month. More than six months if it wasn't for a decent sized patch that I was curious about, that didn't keep me interested.

POE is definitely a better game with the builds being the best in ARPG's (with the steepest entry curve evvvvvvvveeeer). But what was so innovative?

Grim Dawn, great game that you need to mod the fuck out of. Again what was innovative?

In my ARPG's I just want noticeable power climbs. Good looting. Fun boss fights. An end game goal boss. The ability to gear up alts with my previous characters (D4 REALLY needs this.)

I can say I am not fighting D4 any longer, but having fun with it. But at the end of the day, until they fix loot or add a filter they will ALWAYS be "headed in the right direction".

Last edited:
  • 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
POE is definitely a better game with the builds being the best in ARPG's (with the steepest entry curve evvvvvvvveeeer). But what was so innovative?

POE is a better game for a certain type of player, for sure. The one that isn't fun at parties.

I played to 100 and finished season and the S2 league journey in a few days and I really liked it. It was the kind of mindless fun that I never get out of POE anymore, sadly.

And yes there is room for improvements but there is hope now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Sorcerers have like 4 or 5 strong end game builds, wtf are you talking about?

• 1Moron

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They clearly wanted to get casuals back playing this season, meme dad w/ 6 kids and 2-4 hours a week will hit 100 and get to experience everything. I do expect them to tone that down in season 3 with leaderboards, itemization, and whatever it is they have planned for the new end game thing they've mentioned. Imagine we hear a lot about season 3 during next weekend's Blizzcon campfire chat and possible new expansion/class as well.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Level 89 rogue and am remembering what I hated about last season. Yes, the affixes need to be trimmed down by a lot, 99% of loot is still garbage.

That said, I am playing what is most likely a non-optimal TB build and I'm still having fun. I'd say the increased XP gain has a lot to do with it, but the vamp powers probably do, too.

Very well may sit Season 3 out, but I am praying by seasons 4 or 5 they will actually finally have a full game. Time will tell.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Tried it out again and got to the first cutscene and quit. I will try and push through again next weekend.