Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The new gaming generation is supporting this
This is the crux of the matter. You have no idea the depth of retarded consumerism plagues people under 30. Just watch that guys youtube videos Caleb Hammer if you want to see the purchasing decisions people make now a days.

We like to justify it by saying "I have two houses paid off and 65$ is nothing to me" but you have no idea the rampant consumer depravity plaguing todays youth. Unfortunately there is no fixing it in a free market. The only people we can blame are the people who buy it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
This is the crux of the matter. You have no idea the depth of retarded consumerism plagues people under 30. Just watch that guys youtube videos Caleb Hammer if you want to see the purchasing decisions people make now a days.

We like to justify it by saying "I have two houses paid off and 65$ is nothing to me" but you have no idea the rampant consumer depravity plaguing todays youth. Unfortunately there is no fixing it in a free market. The only people we can blame are the people who buy it.
Not just young folk. Look at the amount of CC debt people in this country have. It's staggering. Or the fact that not very many people have $500 in their banks accounts. Or 80% of out economy being based on consumerism. If I had to guess, I'd say the majority of people in this country are an arm's length away from financial ruin.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not just young folk. Look at the amount of CC debt people in this country have. It's staggering. Or the fact that not very many people have $500 in their banks accounts. Or 80% of out economy being based on consumerism. If I had to guess, I'd say the majority of people in this country are an arm's length away from financial ruin.
I dont think people have any fucking idea how badly in debt some people are when it comes to credit cards. Every single time I go to my buddy's post office, the clerks are back there tossing 2-3000 Amazon packages and.. this is just a small town. I couldnt imagine a big ol' Post Office in a city. Thats every single day there, too. When I started to look at it through that lens - I really started to figure out just how badly Amazon is fucking over all your mom and pop stores, too. Never mind the obscenity of credit card debt these people are bound to have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I dont think people have any fucking idea how badly in debt some people are when it comes to credit cards. Every single time I go to my buddy's post office, the clerks are back there tossing 2-3000 Amazon packages and.. this is just a small town. I couldnt imagine a big ol' Post Office in a city. Thats every single day there, too. When I started to look at it through that lens - I really started to figure out just how badly Amazon is fucking over all your mom and pop stores, too. Never mind the obscenity of credit card debt these people are bound to have.
I took a few returns to UPS to send back to Amazon. It was a few days before the end of the extended holiday return deadline. There was a line of people out the door, every single person had nothing but Amazon packages. Inside, the boxes were stacked higher than the tallest worker.

I know Amazon passes on the cost of returns to people who use Amazon to process their own goods, but Amazon absolutely must be taking it in the shorts on their own returns because this stuff gets sold for pennies on the dollar. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon started limiting returns in the near future.

I heard earlier that consumer credit card debt went up by 100 billion dollars since the start of the year. Holy shit. Average APR is now 27.91%. People are getting murdered and they don't care.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I took a few returns to UPS to send back to Amazon. It was a few days before the end of the extended holiday return deadline. There was a line of people out the door, every single person had nothing but Amazon packages. Inside, the boxes were stacked higher than the tallest worker.

I know Amazon passes on the cost of returns to people who use Amazon to process their own goods, but Amazon absolutely must be taking it in the shorts on their own returns because this stuff gets sold for pennies on the dollar. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon started limiting returns in the near future.

I heard earlier that consumer credit card debt went up by 100 billion dollars since the start of the year. Holy shit. Average APR is now 27.91%. People are getting murdered and they don't care.
The economy is definitely fucked some kind of way. About 1/3rd of the people I rent to are behind on their rent, making partial payments if they can at all. Not all of the properties I watch, including my own, are in the hood, either. Its only February and the year is already shaping up to be a shit show for anyone not prepared. Meanwhile, I hear the news tell me daily how well the economy is going.

Anyways, that was off subject. Diablo sucks, horse armor sucks, yadda yadda yadda.

• 2Truth!

Goatface

Goatface

from last patch notes
  • The drop chance of Uber Unique items acquired outside of Uber Duriel encounters has been increased.
1708043993529.png

if i understand correctly (probably wrong as on painkillers and stuff)

uniques have a -/+1% chance to replace a legendary drop, with the change ubers have 0.04% to replace the unique
around 50 times less than duriel
depending on class, would be like 0.014% 0.018% chance get a helm.

1708046120893.png

with it looking like they suppressed the duping. think should bring more people around to "this is bullshit" camp. it is one thing to pay 500-800m for 100 runs with duped mats and 6 billion.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Every day my decision to not buy this game is re-affirmed.

100%

People saying "but I had FUUUUN!" are the same people putting us in this mess.

---

Buy the game..

Return the game..

Play the game..Don't log out..beat the game.

Get your "Diablo Fix"..

Rinse and repeat for Diablo 5..

---

If more and more people do this, things will change, you can play the multitude of other ARPG's that are coming / have been released in the mean time.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Had to check myself and yea the outrage is a bit much. You get skin currency as well as mentioned above.

People probably buy this stuff so off course they will continue to sell it.

The new gaming generation is supporting this so I dont think us old farts are going to change anything.

Show me the option to buy just the horse or earn it in game. They are gating content behind pay walls even after charging full box price. None of us are against alternate forms of monetization, but Bizzard and the other large studios have chosen the most predatory paths time and again. It is disgusting and should be rejected loudly and vehemently.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
but Bizzard and the other large studios have chosen the most predatory paths time and again.
At a certain point you cant blame Blizzard and the rest doing this when there are an awful lot of paypigs and whales who will happily whip out their credit cards to buy whatever dumb pixels they are offering.

I dont think theres a solution to this, there are simply too many retards in the world who will happily pay for pixels.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
At a certain point you cant blame Blizzard and the rest doing this when there are an awful lot of paypigs and whales who will happily whip out their credit cards to buy whatever dumb pixels they are offering.

I dont think theres a solution to this, there are simply too many retards in the world who will happily pay for pixels.
If I ran a video game company, I'd absolutely squeeze the whales for every possible penny. Look at Star Citizen. That game isn't even done yet and has made over a quarter billion dollars. A person would be stupid to leave money on the table if there are people willing to put it there.

Further, I don't consider cosmetic items where you know what you are getting to be predatory. Loots boxes, that shit is straight up predatory and should be banned.

I used to play World of Tanks, and saw that game go from $10-$50 premium tanks to $200+ bid tanks , battle pass, two tiers of subscription and loot boxes. My favorite are the tanks in loot boxes where they tell you up front how hard they are going to fuck you. 2% chance to get a tank simply means you have a 98% chance of getting screwed...and people load up on those boxes to the tune of $100's of dollars.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
If I ran a video game company, I'd absolutely squeeze the whales for every possible penny. Look at Star Citizen. That game isn't even done yet and has made over a quarter billion dollars. A person would be stupid to leave money on the table if there are people willing to put it there.

Further, I don't consider cosmetic items where you know what you are getting to be predatory. Loots boxes, that shit is straight up predatory and should be banned.

I used to play World of Tanks, and saw that game go from $10-$50 premium tanks to $200+ bid tanks , battle pass, two tiers of subscription and loot boxes. My favorite are the tanks in loot boxes where they tell you up front how hard they are going to fuck you. 2% chance to get a tank simply means you have a 98% chance of getting screwed...and people load up on those boxes to the tune of $100's of dollars.
Haha, first example I thought of.

Yeah, used to spend money on that game with a few other buddies. Didn't mind because it was my game budget and wasn't buying or playing anything else. Once they brought in the holiday boxes for super duper rare tanks it was "get fucked".

I still kind of keep up with the game, and that's still a thing Quickybaby admonishes them for constantly. I doubt the whales in there are star citizen levels, but they've got to be pretty big.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Haha, first example I thought of.

Yeah, used to spend money on that game with a few other buddies. Didn't mind because it was my game budget and wasn't buying or playing anything else. Once they brought in the holiday boxes for super duper rare tanks it was "get fucked".

I still kind of keep up with the game, and that's still a thing Quickybaby admonishes them for constantly. I doubt the whales in there are star citizen levels, but they've got to be pretty big.
They've fucked the game pretty hard in terms of balance. Bond gear and improved gear that makes heavy tanks faster than a lot of mediums with guns that rival td guns. Most games are complete blowouts because all thats left are bots, complete scrubs, and 1%ers. Every other tank they release is an autoloader, so any kind of mistake means your tank evaporates before you know it.

One bit of gear gives light tanks not only better camo, but reduces camo of other tanks. I rolled down 1 line on Prokhorovka in my AMX, lit the other LT in the first 30s of the game, and that was it. We went 15-0, game was over in 2 minutes. Dumb.

They are going to merge NA with EU because almost no one in NA plays anymore.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
They've fucked the game pretty hard in terms of balance. Bond gear and improved gear that makes heavy tanks faster than a lot of mediums with guns that rival td guns. Most games are complete blowouts because all thats left are bots, complete scrubs, and 1%ers. Every other tank they release is an autoloader, so any kind of mistake means your tank evaporates before you know it.

One bit of gear gives light tanks not only better camo, but reduces camo of other tanks. I rolled down 1 line on Prokhorovka in my AMX, lit the other LT in the first 30s of the game, and that was it. We went 15-0, game was over in 2 minutes. Dumb.

They are going to merge NA with EU because almost no one in NA plays anymore.
Yeah, seems like they just pushed the game to go faster and faster. Haven't done anything with the field mod system. Didn't help that they released that tier 8 Chinese premium rocket boosted tank in the Xmas boxes a couple of years ago that's completely screwed up.

Was surprised they nerfed the 279e and Chieftain some. It seems for every decent improvement they make there's always some blunder. I understand they're in the business to make money, but it's gotten pretty obnoxious. Couldn't tell you when I played last, but we started playing in the first year of the game, and it used to be a blast. Think I stopped when they nerfed my Japanese tier 10 heavy, or they revamped HE.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, seems like they just pushed the game to go faster and faster. Haven't done anything with the field mod system. Didn't help that they released that tier 8 Chinese premium rocket boosted tank in the Xmas boxes a couple of years ago that's completely screwed up.

Was surprised they nerfed the 279e and Chieftain some. It seems for every decent improvement they make there's always some blunder. I understand they're in the business to make money, but it's gotten pretty obnoxious. Couldn't tell you when I played last, but we started playing in the first year of the game, and it used to be a blast. Think I stopped when they nerfed my Japanese tier 10 heavy, or they revamped HE.

Why don't you two take this over to the thread made for it. We have some very serious work shitting on Diablo IV to do and your tank talk is getting in the way of it.

• 2Worf

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
you can play the multitude of other ARPG's that are coming / have been released in the mean time.
Is that multitude here in the room with us right now?

Last I checked there's only a handful of Diablo clones. If you skip the mods to actual Diablo1/2 you can count them on one hand. The term "ARPG" means nothing these days since rpg elements are being added to everything that's newer than Pong, but I assume we are talking about Diablo style games here.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Is that multitude here in the room with us right now?

Last I checked there's only a handful of Diablo clones. If you skip the mods to actual Diablo1/2 you can count them on one hand. The term "ARPG" means nothing these days since rpg elements are being added to everything that's newer than Pong, but I assume we are talking about Diablo style games here.

Why even quote me?

If you actually wanted alternatives, you would have googled "List of ARPG's" yourself and got a hit on the FIRST LINK.

You don't want alternatives though, do you?

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Why even quote me?

If you actually wanted alternatives, you would have googled "List of ARPG's" yourself and got a hit on the FIRST LINK.

You don't want alternatives though, do you?
It is amazing how many of that extended list I have tried. ARPG is definitely my jam.

And Diablo IV remains my only video game regret purchase in the last 10 years at least.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users