Dirt Rally

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
So, I searched and didn't find a thread for this.

I had a hart time deciding how to sell this game. I know racing games are not big in this community, and most of them are dogshit games. Rally racing in this game has the feature of being a single player 7-8 minute run of perfection with high consequence for fuck ups. The game requires you to drive at the edge to win, and the cars really do handle remarkably different. There is a small career mode aspect of hiring a crew, and some online racing challenges I have not participated in yet. Lots of unlocks.

This really is a great difficult game, but super rewarding to learn and do well. If you ever wanted to see what it might be like to do this.

Check out this game on sale or in a bundle. I'm certain with a wheel and pedals it would be amazing, I think it has VR support, it'd probably blow you away. The sound/feel of being in the cars is by far one of the best qualities of the game.

I have played exclusively with my steam controller, enjoyed every second.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I played a couple frustrating hours of this with little improvement. I enjoyed the other Dirt's from a casual standpoint, but this one is a little too 'sim' for me.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Took quite some time to get good at this between setting up controls, the vehicles, game options, learning the value of a narrow fov with first person, pace notes, and well, rallying. Amazing experience but that's quite a mountain for most gamers, leaving you kinda stuck with tiny sim communities.

If you're just starting out I'd tell you to slow for crests going into turns. There's only a handful of spots in the game where the co driver is off, if you crash it's from your own mistakes.

Eventually I got bored of doing the same stages, just wish it allowed user made tracks.

dirtyachievements.jpg